Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2016, 08:10 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish740 View Post
if that becomes the story line i'm dropping this show like a hot stone.
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 08:33 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times
The entire family aspect is boring as dirt and it's difficult to watch how incredibly stupid they all are - the family. The sooner they become walkers the better. Strand and the Rueben Blades characters are the only thing of interest to me tbh. Nothing about the beach scene made any sense and was there only to pull together that mini-series on the plane. Lazy.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:55 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,992,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
The entire family aspect is boring as dirt and it's difficult to watch how incredibly stupid they all are - the family. The sooner they become walkers the better. Strand and the Rueben Blades characters are the only thing of interest to me tbh. Nothing about the beach scene made any sense and was there only to pull together that mini-series on the plane. Lazy.
The whole scene on the beach drove me nuts. They had zero sense of urgency. Even when they were fighting off the walkers, they walked down to the boat and even had time for a long hug. The kids just need to hurry up and die.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:16 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,978,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
The whole scene on the beach drove me nuts. They had zero sense of urgency. Even when they were fighting off the walkers, they walked down to the boat and even had time for a long hug. The kids just need to hurry up and die.
OK-Devil's Advocate here. Remember, it's early. What are we, six years into the ZA at least, on TWD? Rick and his crew are pretty battle hardened at this point, and a lot of the deadwood has been trimmed at this point. I think if this bunch were performing like Rick and Company already it would be a little less believable. Carl did a lot of dumb things in the beginning too. For example, while the whole "Gee, let me stand on this ledge and gaze at a walker" thing was dumb on it's face, it looks like it was intended to be a device in order to allow Nick to discover the old cover-yourself-in-walker-guts-camouflage trick, which will undoubtedly be used again.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:19 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Quote:
You have to wonder why the first instinct wouldn't be just to cut and run back to the Zodiac. Walkers/infected aren't fast and the asian girl had a pretty good lead on them. For them to end up surrounded and cornered like that was very contrived. They could have shot that a bit better showing how she got to her raft.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Maybe it's strands wife and kids. Just saying.
I'm starting to believe this. This is why Strand has such a sense of urgency to get down there. Also, because of the type of house he described down there, he doesn't want too many people with him. The less people, the longer the supplies will last.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:36 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,978,149 times
Quote:
I'm starting to believe this. This is why Strand has such a sense of urgency to get down there. Also, because of the type of house he described down there, he doesn't want too many people with him. The less people, the longer the supplies will last.
Looks like its the optimists vs. the realists

Old 04-26-2016, 11:50 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Quote:
The conversation(s) he's had on the sat phone didn't exactly sound like he was talking to a loved one to me. IIRC there seemed to be some sort of window he had to make that was closing. I don't think a spouse would put those demands on him. But...it could all be a poorly contrived red herring.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
But...it could all be a poorly contrived red herring.
That's why I think the way I do. They are almost making it too obvious that he is some sort of bad guy. It could be the nice twist in the plot.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:27 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
when druggie fell into the damn hole with the crab-zombie, I nearly turned it off. I enjoyed the first season, but season 2 (so far) is pretty crappy. The dumb decisions made by the characters makes them pretty unlikeable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV