Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2016, 09:10 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,847,318 times

Advertisements

The blood would probably mix with sweat and end up being ingested. Dunno what that would do but can't be good.

I liked that Strand goes to the piano and...can't play a lick! lol The obvious thing would be he's an unknown genius on piano so it was nice to see them skip the cliche.

The falling from the roof and windows was interesting. I agree they would be in pieces and not much of a threat. But that's something I can look past to keep things moving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 09:58 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,668,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
The blood would probably mix with sweat and end up being ingested. Dunno what that would do but can't be good.
They've been very relaxed about that. Remember when Glenn and Rick first did it, they put on raincoats and gloves and were careful not to get it on their skin. They didn't put it on their faces at all. They also kept their voices down and staggered along like zombies and STILL got some close scrutiny by some of the zombies before the rain fell.

Nick used to practically roll around in it and at least walked slowly like a zombie. In this last episode Luciana dabs a little on like its eyeblack and that she's about to go play in a Lingirie Football League game and sashays off with an accelerated pace and talking to Nick in an outdoor voice to get him to keep up.

Quote:
I liked that Strand goes to the piano and...can't play a lick! lol The obvious thing would be he's an unknown genius on piano so it was nice to see them skip the cliche.
That was a nice touch. Stupid for him to do it.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:17 AM

4,714 posts, read 5,926,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
They've been very relaxed about that. Remember when Glenn and Rick first did it, they put on raincoats and gloves and were careful not to get it on their skin. They didn't put it on their faces at all. They also kept their voices down and staggered along like zombies and STILL got some close scrutiny by some of the zombies before the rain fell.

Nick used to practically roll around in it and at least walked slowly like a zombie. In this last episode Luciana dabs a little on like its eyeblack and that she's about to go play in a Lingirie Football League game and sashays off with an accelerated pace and talking to Nick in an outdoor voice to get him to keep up.

also stupid of Madison and him to get drunk in a strange location. Maybe they naively thought the place was secure? (I thought that was why Strand rang the bell - if there were walkers inside, they would have been drawn out and they could easily flee the hotel...) Of course, big difference between a desk top bell and a piano and shattering glasses.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:24 AM

28,862 posts, read 30,119,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
also stupid of Madison and him to get drunk in a strange location. Maybe they naively thought the place was secure? (I thought that was why Strand rang the bell - if there were walkers inside, they would have been drawn out and they could easily flee the hotel...) Of course, big difference between a desk top bell and a piano and shattering glasses.
this is how I see it, but I could be wrong....
They were locked in their rooms, and the only way out was the patio...they didn't jump off until he started pounding on the piano, which drove them nuts and they started jumping off the patio to get to the noise, (I think)

Old 08-30-2016, 11:55 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,668,496 times
I figure that bell would have been good enough to draw out any zombies in the lobby, but I wouldn't even think that floor would be clear, much less that whole hotel. So Madison was at least concerned for Alicia's safety when she wanted to go off looking for supplies, but to sit there and get ish faced and play the piano was just crazy... If not zombies, there could always be bandits. I thought the wanted to stay there, perhaps live there for at least a while. I figured they would at least put the old barricade back up, if not start building new ones.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:10 PM

5,473 posts, read 7,052,798 times
The only one I like is Ophelia, hope everyone else gets chomped.

Old 08-30-2016, 04:21 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,598,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post

Yes. And many, many, many times Our Heroes have been splattered in the face with zombie blood as they fight zombies. And sometimes various characters are injured and bleeding, so certainly at risk that splattered zombie blood might get in a wound.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:08 PM

6,529 posts, read 6,681,628 times
My silly theory is that infected zombie blood cannot survive for less than an instant once it is exposed to air.....which is why no one gets infected by blood splatter, or rubbing blood all over themselves. That's the only thing that makes sense to me, but it's just a TV show so who knows

Old 08-31-2016, 09:45 AM

9,794 posts, read 11,460,944 times
Looks like we have our first Governor/Dictator of the apocalypse. Looks like the writers are really laying into the, "Santa Muerte" Culture in Mexico.
I like it, but i think its a cop out from the writers at the same time.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:06 PM

24,297 posts, read 16,996,781 times
I really want to like this show as much as the Walking Dead but it is getting difficult to do so as they continually move away from TWD format and get closer to the campy ZNation...

I think it is odd that a Heroine addict could clean up his act so quickly but now his new drug is cheating death from the zombies and going as far as to walk with them in a group. Last week the bandits were picking the pack off one by one and Nick kept marching. Does he have a death wish?

This past Sunday when Madison and Strand got drunk while the kids were roaming the hotel looking for supplies was stupid. I expected them to start making out but then I remembered that Strand is gay. What was dumb was that there was any booze left at all. I think any survivors in the area would have cleared that bar out quick.

I did think it was cool how the zombies were trapped in their rooms and came out to the balconies and fell off to the sound of Strand pounding on the piano.
Question though. In the beginning we saw that the virus was transmitted by bites and blood. In TWD the virus is in everyone. So if the hotel guests had locked themselves in their rooms how could they catch the zombie virus?

Alicia did make some mistakes early on, like when she called the pirates in the first season but now it seems she is becoming the smartest one.
Ofelia also seems to have it together but we will see how long that lasts as she has taken Nick under her wing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV