Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2015, 08:06 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,374 times

Advertisements

Like most have said, it was good but really dragged at times. I know they want to build up the character backgrounds and such but could have used more action. Also too many snotty teens with attitude. Not every teenager is surly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 08:06 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
Nick has a Johnny Depp look about him - I like him....

The mom - her acting is bland. No emotion whatsoever... She can get her face ate by a zombie - anytime.

I didn't like it nor hate it..... I will keep watching...

Old 08-24-2015, 08:22 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Like most have said, it was good but really dragged at times. I know they want to build up the character backgrounds and such but could have used more action. Also too many snotty teens with attitude. Not every teenager is surly.
Like The Walking Dead, it is a safe bet that Fear The Walking Dead will be a series not about the undead but about the living - about people. The zombie apocalypse is merely a vehicle for creating the setting for a drama of 21st century people trying to survive - and balance their survival with maintaining their humanity - in a world where 99.9% of the populace is dead and all civil and social structure has been swept away.

People who think these shows are about zombies are doomed to be perpetually disappointed.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:40 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Like The Walking Dead, it is a safe bet that Fear The Walking Dead will be a series not about the undead but about the living - about people. The zombie apocalypse is merely a vehicle for creating the setting for a drama of 21st century people trying to survive - and balance their survival with maintaining their humanity - in a world where 99.9% of the populace is dead and all civil and social structure has been swept away.

People who think these shows are about zombies are doomed to be perpetually disappointed.
My favorite part to the Walking Dead is the characters and their daily struggle to survive. That said, last night's Fear was slow. I don't really think we learned that much about the main family dynamic. I wasn't really looking for a zombie bloodbath but it would have been nice to have more of a sense of peril. It seemed like they could have pared down some scenes, church visited three separate times and fit it into an hour.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:57 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
My favorite part to the Walking Dead is the characters and their daily struggle to survive. That said, last night's Fear was slow. I don't really think we learned that much about the main family dynamic. I wasn't really looking for a zombie bloodbath but it would have been nice to have more of a sense of peril. It seemed like they could have pared down some scenes, church visited three separate times and fit it into an hour.
Agreed! I get the build up, however it wasn't gripping. It's hard to do a prequel and meet expectations that are very high! I'll keep watching.

I agree the guy looks like a young Johnny Depp at times!

Old 08-24-2015, 08:58 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
It was ok. Really dragged in certain points, and I really want that entire family to just be eaten by the walkers. I think if I found a pool of blood in an abandoned church use by drug addicts, I might call the police. Hope next weeks episode moves a little faster.
Yes, but that would invariably bring trouble down on Nick (if it turned out to be a murder and not a sign of the ZA of course.)

Old 08-24-2015, 09:03 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

Spot on.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:40 AM

443 posts, read 437,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Nick has a Johnny Depp look about him - I like him....

Yes! He was giving me such Depp in "Gilbert Grape" vibes. I also thought he did a great job. I also thought the man playing Travis was good as well. The mom and the daughter were very blah, I was hoping a walker would get the both of them within the first 10 minutes of them being onscreen.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:54 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,556 times
Really enjoyed Ep1 of FTWD. Excellent! After the episode was over, I was initially disappointed because I thought it would show the outbreak actually happening full-force (as implied in the trailers). But, the more I thought about this, this pilot episode was perfect - it did show the early beginnings of the virus/outbreak - i.e., you know something is terribly wrong, but we don't know what it is yet - and, a lot of people are still unaware of the problem. The conversation the mother (Kim Dickens) had with the concerned student that was following the whole thing online was very telling.

And, I'm thinking the other scenes from the trailers - specifically the one where the authorities take down a female punk rocker zombie - are from forthcoming episodes.

The ending scene in the culvert was especially disturbing -
Spoiler
did the zombie bite the mother's arm?! It looked like, but I wasn't sure.

I will need to go back & re-watch the episode again in the next week - I liked it that much.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:10 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
I think they want us to believe she got bit just to scare us...or maybe she did and she deteriorates during the whole season. Remember, this first season is only 6 episodes and probably only accounts for a few days total in time. Maybe early versions of the virus take longer to incubate and she just gets sicker and sicker as the episodes wear on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV