Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 11:37 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
As someone who's had that same type of call (sudden/unexpected death) about my own Mom, I can certainly sympathize with Vicki, but I feel her reaction was over-the-top. First off, it was strange that she asked for a landline. Had she gotten a text from Briana? And if so, why did she just not call her back from her cell? Then, it was like she never "broke character" to even look at the cameraman in distress. She also said a couple things that people on reality shows do all the time....there is a name for it but I forget the term, but it is when they say something unnecessary in dialogue that is just meant to explain to the viewers -- such as, "Jim, your sister Mary is here"....Vicki did it a couple times and I don't remember specifics, but she did it because the phone was not on speaker and we couldn't hear what Briana was saying, so maybe something like, "When did he find her in bed?". It was just too much, on both sides of the camera. I thought it was horrible that the cameraman didn't put down the camera or at least have a producer step in and help her, and summon one of the other girls. They just let the Bunko game go on organically until someone heard Vicki bawling.

As for the Meghan/Shannon drama -- totally scripted. There always has to be drama between somebody. And I know Meghan is tall but she has to have the longest neck of anyone I've ever seen besides a giraffe. I don't know what she could do to minimize it other than wear turtlenecks, but it's really strange.
Quoting myself here....not that anyone cares but it was driving me crazy that I could not think of the term I was referring to above. It is called "expository dialogue" and I felt Vicki used that technique quite a few times in the conversation about her mother:

Another dialogue problem, expository dialogue is when you use dialogue to tell us things about the story or the characters in an unnatural way. For example, “Have a great day at work in the hospital, dear.” Assuming this is a spouse or talking to another spouse, we can also assume that they already know where they work, it sounds phony and unnatural to state it, and it’s clearly done just to tell the audience that the person works in the hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 03:10 PM

7,368 posts, read 5,482,511 times
I think Meghan was wearing a toilet seat cover around her neck. I wish she would stop reminding her step daughter that her mother is going to die...soon. No wonder this girl is on medication and acts like a brat.

I think it was ironic that Heather was complaining about being so busy with her kids and there was a nanny standing two feet away from her.

Also didn't like that David and Shannon talk about their problems in front of their young daughters. What is wrong with these people?!

Heathers granddaughter is an unfortunate looking baby. Hopefully her looks improve as she gets older and I hope she doesn't take after her loser father.

Not a fan of Brooke's but I think it was rotten he wasn't allowed to go with Vicki to support her for her mothers funeral.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:47 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,225,091 times
I can't stand Meghan. I hate how she is trying to get in between the mom and daughter. She is despicable. Don't like her hubby either. Last nites episode was a complete snore. Uggggggh!

Old 07-14-2015, 10:16 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,003,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I think Meghan was wearing a toilet seat cover around her neck. I wish she would stop reminding her step daughter that her mother is going to die...soon. No wonder this girl is on medication and acts like a brat.

I think it was ironic that Heather was complaining about being so busy with her kids and there was a nanny standing two feet away from her.

Also didn't like that David and Shannon talk about their problems in front of their young daughters. What is wrong with these people?!

Heathers granddaughter is an unfortunate looking baby. Hopefully her looks improve as she gets older and I hope she doesn't take after her loser father.

Not a fan of Brooke's but I think it was rotten he wasn't allowed to go with Vicki to support her for her mothers funeral.
It was Tamra's granddaughter.... and that was a horrible thing to say. Have you no decency.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:57 AM

748 posts, read 1,376,146 times
Newborn babies are always all crinkley. My daughter looked like a little old man lol. Shame on you for saying that about such a sweet bundle of joy!

Old 07-15-2015, 07:44 AM

152 posts, read 174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstormnc View Post
Newborn babies are always all crinkley. My daughter looked like a little old man lol. Shame on you for saying that about such a sweet bundle of joy!
My daughter didn't even open up her eyes until the next day when she was born. Everything was so puffy! LOL. I was amazed at how opened eyed Tamara's grand-daughter was!

I did NOT like that weird fur accessory Meghan was wearing while helping her step-daughter get ready for the photo shoot. It does bug me how she talks so morbid about her step-daughter's mom. She's always saying "this may be the last time they get to do this" or "she's being a brat because her mom has cancer." Obviously she is not in denial about things, but the comments are getting old.

It was hard yet again to watch Vicki struggle with her mother's death. The previous episode was hard to watch and then this week hit it again. My heart broke when she said she actually picked her mom put from the coffin a held her. Boo hoo !!!! So sad!

Old 07-15-2015, 08:36 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
What the hell was Megan wearing?
I know!!!! When she turned around and we could see her back, her bones were sticking out so much that she looked emaciated. She could injure someone with those sharp shoulder blades!

And I agree, Sharon's husband is a total jerk. The way he threw her under the bus in front of the kids was just awful. He is not a kind person and seems angry all the time. People like that just suck the life out of you. Sharon needs to divorce him!

Old 07-15-2015, 08:48 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I think Meghan was wearing a toilet seat cover around her neck.
I hope she washed it before she wore it around her neck

I think it speaks volumes that Brooks was not allowed/invited to support Vicki at her mother's funeral. Vicki continued to play it up telling Tammy that she couldn't be mean to her because her mom died. Who does such a thing

Old 07-15-2015, 09:41 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
I know!!!! When she turned around and we could see her back, her bones were sticking out so much that she looked emaciated. She could injure someone with those sharp shoulder blades!

And I agree, Sharon's husband is a total jerk. The way he threw her under the bus in front of the kids was just awful. He is not a kind person and seems angry all the time. People like that just suck the life out of you. Sharon needs to divorce him!
I thought it was kind of funny she wore that & then you've got the ex-wife who appears older, weighs more & not as good looking. It's like Megan does it deliberately to stick it to the ex-wife. She also appears to be in some weird competition with the daughter, I noticed it during their yoga paddle board.

David does suck but notice Shannon walks in the door & immediately mentions that the furniture hasn't been put back? It's like she has to comment & find something wrong about everything. Both of them are just not fun. I do like Shannon but she's just too, I don't know, unstable or something. Too critical? I don't know.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:54 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Repeat: Shannon is a whackball. David is MISERABLE.

Meghan is wayyyy too skinny. I didn't enjoy seeing her shoulder blades stick out like that

Tamara's granddaughter was so cute. Almost made me want to pop one out and then I had another sip of wine and decided against it.

Brooks is a liar and annoys me. Vicki is starting to go onto the Shannon whackball train..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV