Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 06:48 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
Being a friend to someone in a bad relationship and being the child of someone in a bad relationship are two completely different things.

exactly!!!!!!!!!!

And I don't totally buy that Vicki was in a relationship that was more than she could handle. She's now known to be a complete and total liar. Lied to get attention--which she called compassion. She is disgusting and pathetic. If she were so abused by Brookes then she would not have been harping on him about whether nor not he had cancer. Oh but then again she is a known liar so whether she ever called him out on his lies are up in the air. As far as I know she and he concocted the entire thing for **** and grins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 07:12 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
exactly!!!!!!!!!!

And I don't totally buy that Vicki was in a relationship that was more than she could handle. She's now known to be a complete and total liar. Lied to get attention--which she called compassion. She is disgusting and pathetic. If she were so abused by Brookes then she would not have been harping on him about whether nor not he had cancer. Oh but then again she is a known liar so whether she ever called him out on his lies are up in the air. As far as I know she and he concocted the entire thing for **** and grins.

I won't judge Vicki that harsh but that's only because of my own experiences with someone that fell for someone along the lines of Brooks. It was shocking to me that they couldn't see that everything that came out of the guy's mouth was ridiculous and a complete lie.

Vicki got duped in a huge way. I bet she feels like a total fool. Doesn't excuse all of the behavior though especially towards her own daughter.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:37 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,978,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
The show or the reunion? I caught that she had been on anti anxiety meds during part of the show, but at the reunion she looked way out of it! Not a Xanax look, more like doped to the gills. When they did the Fireball shots at the end I was thinking, NO! Do not mix!
The reunion. Her eyes were heavy. And she wasn't as animated as in the past. Maybe also antidepressants. I'm going to quit ragging on her now. Never kick a dog when it's down. It's going to take awhile for the old woo-hoo Vicky to come back.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:07 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
The reunion. Her eyes were heavy. And she wasn't as animated as in the past. Maybe also antidepressants. I'm going to quit ragging on her now. Never kick a dog when it's down. It's going to take awhile for the old woo-hoo Vicky to come back.

she seems to be betting on sympathy now and compassion. I don't give anyone like her a pass so quickly.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:48 PM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Glad that Vicki & Breanna are rebuilding their relationship. Glad that Vicki is finally admitting that some things didn't make sense. But I do understand, if she is living 24/7 with Brooks and his illness, then sees the ladies for 10 minutes a week and they throw new objections in her face, well, I don't fault her her defense of him throughout the filming, just happy that she can see things better now. And I understand why she can't categorically say whether or not he is or isn't sick, because truly, no one but his doctors know.

Did Meghan really have to say Vicki is going to H*ll? Really??

Old 11-02-2015, 02:04 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Glad that Vicki & Breanna are rebuilding their relationship. Glad that Vicki is finally admitting that some things didn't make sense. But I do understand, if she is living 24/7 with Brooks and his illness, then sees the ladies for 10 minutes a week and they throw new objections in her face, well, I don't fault her her defense of him throughout the filming, just happy that she can see things better now. And I understand why she can't categorically say whether or not he is or isn't sick, because truly, no one but his doctors know.

Did Meghan really have to say Vicki is going to H*ll? Really??
Vicki was really mean to Meghan this season. I never heard Vicki apologize to her for all the mean things she said throughout the season.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:15 PM

282 posts, read 219,162 times
What I can't believe is how con men like Brooks get away with 'murder' always. There really should be a law to jail these kind of evil people.

I honestly don't know how these con man or woman's ONLY reason to live is to fool people as long as they can get away with it. Once caught, they leave and find another stupid victim. Repeat, rinse, recycle.

WOW. Just unbelievable coz I know that won't happen to me.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:51 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
exactly!!!!!!!!!!

It's really hard for someone to understand that Vicki could absolutely have done everything she did from being in an abusive relationship. Unfortunately I know this from experience. You do things not in your character, you can't see what you are doing is wrong, it still haunts me to this day.

Briana talked about seeing the abuse. Vicki had no idea this was happening to her. She even states, "I am not like an abuses woman, it wasn't like that" Brooks emotionally abused Vicki to the point she didn't realize it. She still doesn't see it.

I have really sympathy for Vicki. She is going through a lot right now. Hopefully those around her will support her.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:38 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,998,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
It's really hard for someone to understand that Vicki could absolutely have done everything she did from being in an abusive relationship. Unfortunately I know this from experience. You do things not in your character, you can't see what you are doing is wrong, it still haunts me to this day.

Briana talked about seeing the abuse. Vicki had no idea this was happening to her. She even states, "I am not like an abuses woman, it wasn't like that" Brooks emotionally abused Vicki to the point she didn't realize it. She still doesn't see it.

I have really sympathy for Vicki. She is going through a lot right now. Hopefully those around her will support her.
yes...in many ways I am very glad her friends and daughter were so persistent with the questions, etc and it finally paid off and she opened her eyes. If the other women had just let it go and didnt care, then she may well still be with him and still in that bad relationship. I remember this quote from an episode of the Golden Girls.... sometimes it takes a friend to tell you when you are making a mistake.

Dan

Old 11-02-2015, 08:40 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,998,374 times
I know that what really made the women upset was Vicki's appearance on WWHL .... a week or two ago.....well after taping the reunion. I didnt see much of it....but apparently she was saying how the women didnt support her, etc...and Tamra and Shannon blew up on twitter with that. I understood the reunion taping went for nearly 18 hours.... so we only saw a small glimpse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV