Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2015, 12:35 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,452,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Don't you know you shouldn't be picking up your phone to telemarketers? That only tells them there is a person on the other end and they will hound you more. Best thing is to not pick up if your caller-id shows someone you don't know. If it's someone you need to talk to, they will leave a message. If you pick up, you are playing into their hands.

So I think Jeff would be able to manipulate you very quickly in the way that telemarketer got you to pick up that phone.
I was more bored in those days. It was not a good time, I was isolated, and every distraction was worthwhile if I could make it into something useful. Plus, I knew that within one year I would no longer have the poisoned phone number.

Which does play into your premise that he'd be able to manipulate me, in combination with the duress situation as enumerated in another post. That's why, when I posted the original question, I was assuming there must be some major impetus or factor I'm not gathering from watching the show. Always seems risky to assume 'it couldn't happen to me.' Probably most other people who have a given misfortune felt the same way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 01:04 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,107,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I never thought of answering the phone that way. Excellent idea! I think I could do a faux organized crime accent. You must be very proud to know that your son absorbed such good moral values. Every time we donate a few minutes to waste a scammer's time, that's a few minutes he doesn't spend bamboozling some retired person out of cash.

Was there reason to believe PG really stole that bracelet? It sounds like a picking-up of the wrong backpack. Very hard to imagine PG, who is relatively mature and intelligent and certainly wouldn't want to make herself a target for a stupid reason, would just swipe something of so little value. Or that if she had, she'd have DRed it that she was planning to frame someone else. Now that would be a pretty clever strategy, if tremendously evil. That would show everyone who wears the Hantz in the tribe.
Well, he was born in Las Vegas, he comes by it naturally.

My dad told me that PG stole the bracelet, so it was second hand information.

Old 10-11-2015, 06:58 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,452,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Well, he was born in Las Vegas, he comes by it naturally.

My dad told me that PG stole the bracelet, so it was second hand information.
Heh. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but what I remember was this:

• Abi couldn't find her bracelet in her bag, and went all over looking for it.
  • Somehow, she thought to look in at least PG's bag (perhaps others), and there it was.
  • Since it would have been stupid for PG to steal it on about four different levels, it didn't make sense.
  • They eventually figured out that somehow, in the rush to get off the boats, there had been confusion.
  • Abi decided this was a good enough reason to revert to type.
  • As is customary in Survivor, the "great, someone but me would be voted out" took precedence over the social justice "look, you're a lunatic and this is just stupid, you should be the one we all vote out" result, and this didn't result in everyone giving Abi the heave-ho.
Did I miss anything?

Old 10-11-2015, 09:26 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,784,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Heh. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but what I remember was this:

• Abi couldn't find her bracelet in her bag, and went all over looking for it.
  • Somehow, she thought to look in at least PG's bag (perhaps others), and there it was.
  • Since it would have been stupid for PG to steal it on about four different levels, it didn't make sense.
  • They eventually figured out that somehow, in the rush to get off the boats, there had been confusion.
  • Abi decided this was a good enough reason to revert to type.
  • As is customary in Survivor, the "great, someone but me would be voted out" took precedence over the social justice "look, you're a lunatic and this is just stupid, you should be the one we all vote out" result, and this didn't result in everyone giving Abi the heave-ho.
Did I miss anything?
Nope, you covered it all.

I would like to know why all the drama over that ugly bracelet.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:50 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Nope, you covered it all.

It was a boring day, the producers needed something, they got together with Abi and "boom" this story line come to life. That's the best I have.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:53 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,784,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekcat View Post
it was a boring day, the producers needed something, they got together with abi and "boom" this story line come to life. That's the best i have.

lol!!!!!!! :d

Old 10-12-2015, 12:24 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,261,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
From 12 Things Peih-Gee Law Wants You To Know Following Her Second Chance Send-Off - Page 4 - Survivor Photos - CBS.com
Can you explain your beef with Abi-Maria?

Peih-Gee: "It was all extremely high school and I feel really sorry that I have to get caught up in it. From what I heard from other members, she kind of came in already disliking me for some reason, like a high-school girl.

But, then the whole bracelet thing happened. That was purely an accident. So, you know, there were a bunch of empty bags on the beach and everyone said, 'Just grab one and put your name tag on it and that’ll be yours, and I took what I thought was an empty bag and it turns out, it had her bracelet inside it. I really had no idea. She went around behind my back telling everyone I was a thief and stole her bracelet, and that’s really not cool.

Luckily, no one believed her. That sort of set a bad precedent and then she sort of never trusted me after, even though I constantly tried to be nice to her.

It’s kind of like a cop; you see them on the street when you’re driving, and you always feel a little guilty even though you didn’t do anything. It was almost worth getting voted out just so I didn’t have to be around her anymore."

Old 10-12-2015, 10:32 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,858,764 times
I watched this episode again last night and PGs did seem fairly shady when confronted. So I do wonder if she did it set off Abi - knowing that's pretty easy. Who knows. I can see Abi making the entire thing up as well. It was fun drama either way. =p

Old 10-12-2015, 12:30 PM

4,361 posts, read 6,527,939 times
With Abi, she would be saying "I put that bracelet in PG's bag to set her up" if indeed she had. She couldn't hold it back. Abi tends to blurt out what ever is on her mind without any forethought or censorship. It all comes out.

PG was shifty enough to leave the possibility open of deception on her part.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:18 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,400,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
With Abi, she would be saying "I put that bracelet in PG's bag to set her up" if indeed she had. She couldn't hold it back. Abi tends to blurt out what ever is on her mind without any forethought or censorship. It all comes out.

PG was shifty enough to leave the possibility open of deception on her part.
I agree. I don't think that Abi has any self control at all. She would have said something right after PG was voted out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV