Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 01:33 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,730,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

Now can anybody tell me if they are told where they are going before hand? Because I thought they weren't so that would make it impossible to read up on the country & what they'd be facing.

My friend's niece was on the show. She had NO idea where or when they were going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 02:10 PM

14,984 posts, read 23,775,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
ischyros hope your tidbit is correct I'd hate to see a heavy object come crashing down on somebody's head. Also Survivor cameramen should win tons of awards for their filming and never having a camera insight they do an awesome job. Along with editing I'm sure they catch any shots with cameras in them.
It's not only editing, but reshot staging. The challenges are filmed once for the authentic challenge then filmed again, and again to catch dramatic restaged camera angles of the recreated original challenge, sometimes with the cast, sometimes with extras dressed like the cast and filmed from far. The helicopter shot was one example in which they probably came out a day later with extras.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:51 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,536,634 times
I wish they would have a "making a fire" challenge again - in all that rain it would be both useful and a real challenge, and it does show how well prepared the contestants are.

and I hate it when someone has to leave due to medical reasons. Let alone the fact that the poor person is suffering, it always completely changes the game. I hope whoever it is is able to recover with on-site medical care.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:40 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,329,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Agreed. I think Fishbach's move, splitting his own votes, was one of the stupidest moves in Survivor.
Yeah, and people are calling Abi stupid!

At least she's smart enough not to trust everyone or maybe I should say she's not arrogant enough to believe she's running the show when she knows that in "Survivor" that's the kiss of death.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:09 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,730,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Yeah, and people are calling Abi stupid!

At least she's smart enough not to trust everyone or maybe I should say she's not arrogant enough to believe she's running the show when she knows that in "Survivor" that's the kiss of death.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:43 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,245,717 times
Season 32 of Survivor was filmed in Cambodia before Season 31 was, so the current cast knew they were going to Cambodia.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:07 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,125,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
My friend's niece was on the show. She had NO idea where or when they were going.
Thanks Pip they may not know the exact location but they all should know how to start fire and some basic building no matter where they end up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
It's not only editing, but reshot staging. The challenges are filmed once for the authentic challenge then filmed again, and again to catch dramatic restaged camera angles of the recreated original challenge, sometimes with the cast, sometimes with extras dressed like the cast and filmed from far. The helicopter shot was one example in which they probably came out a day later with extras.
Can't imagine filming again & again when it is pouring rain & they are freezing whether it be staff or tribemates. No matter how they do it the camera folks do a bang up job.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:15 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,125,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
Season 32 of Survivor was filmed in Cambodia before Season 31 was, so the current cast knew they were going to Cambodia.
OK thanks I do remember something about that.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:59 AM

20,101 posts, read 16,035,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I wonder if the "new shelter" idea was something the producers came up with on the fly, as they saw the physical toll the rain was taking on the contestants? That "trench foot" can actually lead to gangrene and amputation! I do wonder sometimes how much of the game, challenges, rewards and even merge schedules are set in stone or are they revised as the producers see how the game is playing out? And whose bright idea was it to film in Cambodia during rainy season? If this goes as it normally does, rainy season will soon clear up and the last part of the game will be filmed in gorgeous sunny weather. Did anyone else notice that when they were doing the basketball challenge, it was monsoon rains and gray skies yet the aerial shots showed it to be partly sunny with clear turquoise water?
Reportedly, they are still paying for medical bills and some other related expenses from season 3. People (or TV shows) can not make themselves immune from financial responsibility in cases where they have been made aware of specific life/limb threatening conditions if they don't make reasonable attempts to mitigate the dangers.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:27 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,424,979 times
It doesn't matter if the players don't know where they are going. Most Survivor Shows are filmed on an island or in a jungle.The players should at least familiarize themselves with making a fire and building a waterproof shelter, the two main requirements for staying alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV