Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 05:53 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frasierfan123 View Post
I loved Seinfeld. Its finale though sucked
I agree!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 06:19 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,732,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Pooba-9 View Post
Even stranger are the sitcom endings I can't even remember seeing --- and these were some of my favorite series of all time! For example, I absolutely loved these sitcoms but never saw how they ended:

1) Growing Pains --- what happened to the Seaver Family?
2) Cosby Show --- what the hell happened to the Huxtables?
3) Full House --- I sorta tapered off watching this show when I went to college --- but how did it end?
4) Home Improvement --- did they ever show the face of that wise neighbor Wilson?

Oh man, I need to catch up on my childhood memories. I really haven't watched many fictional TV series since the early 90s --- got too addicted to the Internet around that time LOL.
I vaguely remember all four, with varying levels of clarity.

1. They moved to Washington DC. I remember the house being empty.
2. I remember dancing in the living room. I was only 8 or 9, so it is fuzzy.
3. Michelle had amnesia. She regained her memory. I assume they lived happily ever after.
4. I remember this vividly. Home Improvement was my absolute favorite show growing up. Mostly my age, but I think being a Michigander about an hour from Detroit added to that Jill has a job offer in Indiana. They throw Al and Trudy a wedding in the backyard, with Wilson officiating. They had to take the fence down to fit everyone. Tim tapes the final episode of Tool Time and brings a lot of his most frequent Tool Time guests back. They end with Jill stating she does not want to leave the house, so Tim envisions them bringing it with them. Wilson's face is not shown in the episode, but it is shown during the curtain call when they all come out to bow. Most of the actors were crying and I was bawling. LOL.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:52 PM

17,586 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
I vaguely remember all four, with varying levels of clarity.

4. I remember this vividly. Home Improvement was my absolute favorite show growing up. Mostly my age, but I think being a Michigander about an hour from Detroit added to that Jill has a job offer in Indiana. They throw Al and Trudy a wedding in the backyard, with Wilson officiating. They had to take the fence down to fit everyone. Tim tapes the final episode of Tool Time and brings a lot of his most frequent Tool Time guests back. They end with Jill stating she does not want to leave the house, so Tim envisions them bringing it with them. Wilson's face is not shown in the episode, but it is shown during the curtain call when they all come out to bow. Most of the actors were crying and I was bawling. LOL.
You sure they showed his face? I seem to recall him having a hand-fan type thing that looked like a fence on a stick that he brought out that still kept the lower half of his face hidden.

Then he died about 2 years later. really.. Not on the show or anything.

You're right about Growing Pains.. I nearly confused it with Home Improvement.. That Jason Seaver decided to move the house.. But, the final season, Maggie became a congresswoman.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:26 PM

509 posts, read 554,773 times
Quote:
2. I remember dancing in the living room. I was only 8 or 9, so it is fuzzy.

Re: Cosby Show. One of the best series finales ever imho

They tied up all loose ends: Mainly Theo graduating. Remember the very first episode was about Theo getting a bad grade and his dad telling him he needed to work hard if he wanted to be anything.
All season it had been a running joke about Cliff needing to fix the doorbell. At the very end he tells Claire he did. When it is pushed, it dings and then turns into a song to which they waltz into the audience (via the living room).

Old 05-24-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
You sure they showed his face? I seem to recall him having a hand-fan type thing that looked like a fence on a stick that he brought out that still kept the lower half of his face hidden.

Then he died about 2 years later. really.. Not on the show or anything.

You're right about Growing Pains.. I nearly confused it with Home Improvement.. That Jason Seaver decided to move the house.. But, the final season, Maggie became a congresswoman.
99.99% sure. I remember a curtain call where he held a little fence the size of a fan in front of his face. He was wearing his typical "Wilson" clothes. I think the mini-fence was blue. In the series finale he was wearing his wedding garb. During the wedding he held a Bible in front of his face. Not during the curtain call.
We are talking about memories from nearly 20 years ago, but I am pretty positive.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:39 PM

76 posts, read 87,833 times
Quote:
99.99% sure. I remember a curtain call where he held a little fence the size of a fan in front of his face. He was wearing his typical "Wilson" clothes. I think the mini-fence was blue. In the series finale he was wearing his wedding garb. During the wedding he held a Bible in front of his face. Not during the curtain call.
Yep you are correct --- I looked up the Wikipedia article on the series and they said the actor who played Wilson only revealed his face during the final curtain call. Pretty cool we got to see what he looked like.

The only 80's sitcom finale I can remember was "Family Ties" and I was misty-eyed for that one. It spanned over my entire high school years so it held a special place in my heart, and Alex P. Keaton was one of the coolest TV characters ever created. Republicans seemed cool back then --- they were smart without all the associated racist, sexist and homophobic crap like modern times. I love the way he blasted his stupid sister Mallory, because that's the way I treated my smart-mouthed little sister, too LOL.

I remember watching the MASH finale but not being too impressed. I was never into that show. My Dad got a little sniffy because he was a bigger fan of it.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:52 PM

I am not crazy, LOL. This took some creative Googling. I could initially only find the final curtain call, but I found the other one, too.

I even found video of the finale. Wilson is at the 1:02 mark.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:35 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,086,413 times
"American Dreams" was a wonderful show with a terrible finale, but I don't think they expected it to be the finale.

Old 05-24-2015, 11:05 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Southland by a mile. I loved that show but wanted to put my foot through the TV after watching the finale.

The Sopranos is second.

Revolution

V (the new one)

Old 05-25-2015, 12:57 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,645,484 times
HIMYM...the last season sucked big-time, the finale was horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV