Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Favorite Boondocks Character!
Robert 1 9.09%
Huey 1 9.09%
Riley 0 0%
Uncle Ruckus No Relation 5 45.45%
Tom The ADA 0 0%
Sarah 0 0%
Jazmine 0 0%
Neighborhood Watch Lady 0 0%
Thugnificent 0 0%
Macktastic 0 0%
Flonominal 0 0%
Gangstalicious 0 0%
A Pimp Named A Pimp Named Slickback 2 18.18%
Ed Wuncler 0 0%
Ed Wuncler III 0 0%
Gin Rummy 1 9.09%
The White Shadow 0 0%
Cindy 0 0%
That kid who didn't appear in the TV series. 0 0%
That old dead guy that won't stay dead. 0 0%
Other 2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 06:46 AM

756 posts, read 833,468 times

Advertisements

I've watched every episode of The Boondocks, and while it is not a perfect show, that the characters should be developed better, and that in some episodes there is extreme violence (swords slicing peoples heads off )

otherwise I have not laughed so much in a long time. I watched an interview that the network executives wanted numerous episodes per season, (the same request made but rejected for SOAP) but I think the series is canceled. There seems to be a character from the newspaper comics or comic books that for some reason never appeared in the TV series. I prefer the bracketed anime style of the TV series, and I hope that it returns in a few years.

This would irritate other fans, but the point of the show is to talk about important yet very sensitive topics. If the show had hundreds of episodes each year, year after year, (or just a few episodes year after year) then they would run out of topics. However, it is important to keep a show like this going (perhaps in and out of hiatus with frequent movies and / or specials) to cover current events.

I have never read the news paper comics. Should I?

My favourite three episodes that I recommend based on writing quality is the "What If?" episode with Martin Luther King, where Huey (the young quiet kid with deep thoughts) says "It's fun to dream." ... And the episode where he cries because of the prisoner is about to be executed. It is the same episode where Uncle Ruckus No Relation battles cancer. The third episode I recommend is the episode where Huey plays kick ball against an Asian girl. The game is so intense that the kick ball knocked down a tree!

Three more recommended episodes based on comedy:
The entire episode where they sneak into a movie theater.
The episode where Robert tries to board a plane. And I think that is the same episode where Riley is tied up.
The Fried Chicken Flu episode.

Sorry, I can't think of any more favourite episodes at the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 11:49 AM

756 posts, read 833,468 times
Exclamation Still Can't Make A Perfect Poll:

Quote:
Originally Posted by In_Correct View Post
I've watched every episode of The Boondocks, and while it is not a perfect show, that the characters should be developed better, and that in some episodes there is extreme violence (swords slicing peoples heads off )

otherwise I have not laughed so much in a long time. I watched an interview that the network executives wanted numerous episodes per season, (the same request made but rejected for SOAP) but I think the series is canceled. There seems to be a character from the newspaper comics or comic books that for some reason never appeared in the TV series. I prefer the bracketed anime style of the TV series, and I hope that it returns in a few years.

This would irritate other fans, but the point of the show is to talk about important yet very sensitive topics. If the show had hundreds of episodes each year, year after year, (or just a few episodes year after year) then they would run out of topics. However, it is important to keep a show like this going (perhaps in and out of hiatus with frequent movies and / or specials) to cover current events.

I have never read the news paper comics. Should I?

My favourite three episodes that I recommend based on writing quality is the "What If?" episode with Martin Luther King, where Huey (the young quiet kid with deep thoughts) says "It's fun to dream." ... And the episode where he cries because of the prisoner is about to be executed. It is the same episode where Uncle Ruckus No Relation battles cancer. The third episode I recommend is the episode where Huey plays kick ball against an Asian girl. The game is so intense that the kick ball knocked down a tree!

Three more recommended episodes based on comedy:
The entire episode where they sneak into a movie theater.
The episode where Robert tries to board a plane. And I think that is the same episode where Riley is tied up.
The Fried Chicken Flu episode.

Sorry, I can't think of any more favourite episodes at the moment.
I left out Leonard, Ming, and Wuncler The II.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:53 AM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times
It's painful to watch, and was too angry and ultimately too cynically hopeless for me to continue beyond the second season.

There was some real truth, but the same ugly truths merely played over again and again and again.

BTW, the Ed Wunkler character was voiced (and modeled) by Ed Asner, who was a very liberal actor.

Old 11-20-2019, 07:38 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
The show should be returning as a rebooted series on HBO Max. Not sure who the cast will be. A Huey Freeman Christmas will always be a classic.

"Jesus cant be Black"

Old 11-20-2019, 10:34 AM

9,821 posts, read 11,536,738 times
1:30 mark still gets me choked up. Sometimes i sit and wonder if, President Trump has ever watch these episode of the boondocks because, his polices and how he acts are spitting image of Ed Wuncler II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k_uYyPcCl8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ9zsPJXjns

Old 11-22-2019, 09:24 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,127,286 times
Uncle Ruckus is pulling way ahead, GO UNCLE RUCKUS !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTZVn56wJkM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV