Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 07:51 PM

828 posts, read 907,408 times

Advertisements

I think Bennett leaving Daya without a word like that is totally inconsistent with his character's personality. If this really is the case, not a red herring, that's some sloppy writing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 08:35 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,540,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
I think Bennett leaving Daya without a word like that is totally inconsistent with his character's personality. If this really is the case, not a red herring, that's some sloppy writing.

Maybe. And I would not be surprised to see him reappear (back in the picture). However his visit to Daya's home turf was a shock and reality check. If I were he I would have left Dodge too. But maybe that is a reflection on my personality........

Old 07-21-2015, 08:00 AM

3,830 posts, read 6,728,077 times
The Bennett/Daya thing evolved only because the actor playing Bennett (Matt McGorry) is on How to Get Away With Murder and they film at the same time. He had to be written off somehow, but I'm sure he wanted a way back in in case HTGAWM flopped.
I doubt you will be seeing much more of him (if at all) unless he is no longer on HTGAWM for one reason or another. So, a season 4 appearance of Bennett is doubtful unless it is very small.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:07 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,453,208 times
My wife and I are newcomers to this series. It's the first time we've taken an interest in anything that was on Netflix. We've seen seasons 1-2 on DVD and are hooked.

Is it safe to assume/guess that season 3 will hit DVD sometime near when season 4 begins to air?

When it airs, does one have to get Netflix to watch it? That may seem like the world's dumbest question, but I'm not very familiar with how Netflix works except that for many people it's a substitute for cable or satellite.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
My wife and I are newcomers to this series. It's the first time we've taken an interest in anything that was on Netflix. We've seen seasons 1-2 on DVD and are hooked.

Is it safe to assume/guess that season 3 will hit DVD sometime near when season 4 begins to air?

When it airs, does one have to get Netflix to watch it? That may seem like the world's dumbest question, but I'm not very familiar with how Netflix works except that for many people it's a substitute for cable or satellite.
Netflix issues the whole series at once. Therefore you can score a free month membership, watch, and then cancel if you so desire.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Netflix issues the whole series at once. Therefore you can score a free month membership, watch, and then cancel if you so desire.
Okay. But if one does not do that, safe to assume that one will just have to wait until that one hits DVD?

Old 01-15-2016, 04:52 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Okay. But if one does not do that, safe to assume that one will just have to wait until that one hits DVD?
Pretty much. OITNB S3 isn't on DVD yet, but I'm guessing it will hit the format right before S4 is released to Netflix- maybe. The first two seasons are on DVD, so there's no reason the 3rd one won't also be released to the format.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Pretty much. OITNB S3 isn't on DVD yet, but I'm guessing it will hit the format right before S4 is released to Netflix- maybe. The first two seasons are on DVD, so there's no reason the 3rd one won't also be released to the format.
Makes sense. No guarantees, but it's the usual pattern with other shows and seems to have been the case here. Thanks to you both for the information.

Only thing I don't dig about the show is the theme music. It's harder to get rid of than ants. I need to start remembering to mute the intro.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:43 AM

I always fast-forward the intro.......

Old 01-16-2016, 05:36 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
The Bennett/Daya thing evolved only because the actor playing Bennett (Matt McGorry) is on How to Get Away With Murder and they film at the same time. He had to be written off somehow, but I'm sure he wanted a way back in in case HTGAWM flopped.
I doubt you will be seeing much more of him (if at all) unless he is no longer on HTGAWM for one reason or another. So, a season 4 appearance of Bennett is doubtful unless it is very small.
Where is the baby now? Or do we know? Is the last thing we saw his grampa being busted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV