U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 10:01 AM

1,220 posts, read 972,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I first noticed Leland Orser when he played a surgeon in the waning years of ER. He's played a number of secondary characters in shows I've watched since then, including 24 and Revolution.
I always find it interesting when actors like him have worked literally, NON-STOP, but never become a part of the "A List." Do you know what I mean? They're just always "that guy, or that girl, from that movie," but somehow never become a household name. Puzzling. Maybe the key to being "known" is repeatedly playing a lead role?? I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 12:31 PM

9,351 posts, read 5,176,628 times
he also had a "random support role" in Alien: Resurrection.

Old 09-03-2015, 03:42 PM

9,863 posts, read 8,983,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
What does Romero want, to have Bunchy and Ray prosecuted for killing Father Danny? Or is confession to him enough? Does he want to forgive them in the way a priest does after confession?
It seems Romero didn't go for the prosecution of Bunchy and Ray. He did say to Ray "you have suffered enough" then drove off in his Falcon. But Romero could pop up again and Ray may have to eliminate him.

I just wonder if Teresa is serious about Bunchy or just after his money. Mickey, Daryll and Bunchy have big problems now with the Armenians.

The good news for me in this episode Terry got a haircut and a shave and Avi is back, two of my favorites. The bad news Ray going to bed with Paige cheating on Abby once again and Bridget literally stalking her teacher.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:01 PM

7,146 posts, read 7,586,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
It seems Romero didn't go for the prosecution of Bunchy and Ray. He did say to Ray "you have suffered enough" then drove off in his Falcon. But Romero could pop up again and Ray may have to eliminate him.

I just wonder if Teresa is serious about Bunchy or just after his money. Mickey, Daryll and Bunchy have big problems now with the Armenians.

The good news for me in this episode Terry got a haircut and a shave and Avi is back, two of my favorites. The bad news Ray going to bed with Paige cheating on Abby once again and Bridget literally stalking her teacher.
Im not sure Teresa even knows Bunchy has money. Even if she does, Ray controls it and you know he isnt giving it up that easily.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:20 PM

11,892 posts, read 12,506,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

Avi seems really thin this time around. I think he looked better with some meat on his bones.

Just started watching A dark Truth and and he's in it!!!!

Old 09-08-2015, 08:29 AM

Okay, hope you all had a great Labor Day everyone. Are you stuffed with BBQ? Spend time with family and friends? As for me, I worked the entire three day weekend, but hey, that's nursing for you; sick people need to be cared for 24/7, what can I say?

Now back to business. Did you guys watch this past Sunday, or were you busy with other things due to the holiday? Well, I DVR'd it because like I said, I was working.

This episode was pretty packed with happenings. I would like to first say that I am so happy Abby convinced Terry to move in; he totally needs someone to look after him, and Abby needs the company because, well, Ray is never around. But Terry had a psychotic outburst in the middle of the night that had Ray and Abby storming into his room to see what the hell was going on. (Ray and Abby were actually mid romantic, nearly love making moment in bed for once) Terry really needs to stay in some on going therapy, and I think Abby has her hands full now a bit more than she realized. The medications he's on don't seem to be helping like I thought they would. But how funny was that scene in the grocery store with Abby and Terry shopping?? Terry turns his back to the basket to grab a couple cases of beer, and when he picks them up, of course he's shaking. This elderly couple walks by just then staring and confused; the wife goes, "I hope you're not driving!" Abby: "He has parkinson's disease you f*cking ****!!!" Bwhahahahaha! Then Terry says to Abby chuckling: "It's good to have a Southie girl on your side." I could watch this scene over and over! Hilarious.

Anyway, about Teresa. Ummmmm, my anxiety about her did become a bit more subdued by the end of this episode; up until that point, I hated her for Bunchy. But during the wedding preparations, she softened me a bit as I could see she really did care for him. I'm just not COMPLETELY won over yet, because her family appears shady. Either way, she is definitely a bulldog, and wouldn't let anyone ever hurt Bunchy, but I wonder how that'll translate to how she'll treat him. I see her being very controlling. And let's face it, as sweet as Bunchy is, he's just not a fully functioning adult on so many levels. He screams about being tired of Ray treating him like a child, but in reality, that's really just about what he is. And am I clear that Ray handed him a check during the wedding reception? I really hope he didn't give him that entire 1.4 million dollars from his settlement all at once!! If he did, Teresa will probably become in charge of that money, and we all know Bunchy will let her; next thing you know she's giving chunks of it to her family, and God knows who and what else.

Now on to more pressing things.....Uuuhhh, has Mr. Donellen lost his natural mind??!! Dude, YOU'RE HER TEACHER! I love how he keeps verbalizing that what he's doing with Bridget is inappropriate, but just keeps forging ahead into the fire. I blame Bridget too, but he's the adult here, and we all know Bridget has a serious emotional void, and needs attention from her father that she's not getting. Whelp, welcome to the club Bridget, everyone in your house is in a Ray Donovan deficit! I really need Ray to get on this situation ASAP, while Mr. Donellen can still say he hasn't had sex with her, which means Ray may consider letting him live. Statutory rape anyone??

Mickey, Mickey, Mickey. when will you learn that the gangster life no longer suits you? Like, When? At your age, isn't it about time to start living your life above board? Now you're are in HOT. SH*T. Mickey is essential a grown child; we all realize this, yes? Good. I swear if anything happens to Ray, this entire family will go down in flames! Now Mickey has gone and gotten involved with, and pissed off, the Albanian mafia. Perfect. Let me tell you something, when it comes to organized crime, everybody talks about the Italians, but Ukrainians, Russians, and Albanians? are people who's good side you wanna stay on FOR LIFE, okay? They. Are. CRAZY. (Mexico is in that mix somewhere). I'm seriously wondering if this is the point in his storyline that will take John Voight's character off the show. If not, I'm sooooo interested to see how he will escape this one. Even if this whole thing with Mickey going undercover for the Feds to obtain evidence of the Minassians crooked dealings, then what? Are they going to ask Mickey to turn state's evidence? If so, he'll surely be a dead man. And as usual, Mickey's gotten Darrel and Bunchy mixed up in this.

Ray must be just so exhausting from putting out fires.....

Well, until next week.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:23 AM

6,034 posts, read 7,187,387 times
I thought it was the Armenian mafia, not albanians????

Old 09-08-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I thought it was the Armenian mafia, not albanians????
Yes! Do you know I realized that AFTER the fact, and when I went back, my time was up for editing???!! UGH......I LOATHE typos!!! lol.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:31 PM

9,351 posts, read 5,176,628 times
Why did it take me almost 2 days to realize who the hech that fed guy was at the end?! D'oh!

Liev is such a great actor, wow. I wonder if Mickey will survive this season. He's always been a low-level guy. coke, prostitutes, drugs....but now he's dealing with the human trafficking machine. Those guys mean business, he might get clipped.

Poor Terry, his condition seems to be deteriorating quickly

Old 09-08-2015, 01:44 PM

893 posts, read 1,427,974 times
imo, this is the best season ever for this show. really enjoying it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or