Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 09:06 AM

1,356 posts, read 6,026,080 times

Advertisements

It was David Cook's to lose last night. It didn't matter what Archeleta did. Since Cook had a decent night, but not a great one, then Archeleta will win.

I predict that Archeleta will become the male Jordin Sparks. A very good voice, no style (or soul) of his own, and ultimately will sale a few more albums than Sparks, but only because he's "cute."

Cook will sell a ton of albums and be in a league with Daughtry and Underwood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 09:20 AM

738 posts, read 1,884,305 times
The performances were really really good last night. Both David's did a remarkable job!!!!! They both seem very humble and unaffected with themselves. That is what made the performances so refreshing.

What impressed me the most about David C. was his tribute to David A. It takes quite a person of character to switch the attention from one's self to another. Especially where credit should be given. They both did quite well and they are both winners, whatever the outcome.

I just hope that the customary "damage" and "self destruction" that many of the entertainers undertake in does not mimic and obstruct David C. and David A. personal future successes.

Best of luck to both David's.....Jobs well done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-21-2008, 11:16 AM

603 posts, read 1,947,487 times
Like many of you have said,i completely agree that David A sounds like he should be doing a soundtrack for a disney movie.The only crowd that will buy his albums are little teenaged girls.David Cook is way more talented and he would have a ton of people in all different age groups listening.He just sounds so much better.My guess is that Archie will win though.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:26 AM

152 posts, read 335,343 times
I think David A did pretty well last night, but his voice has a huge tendency to be very boring. Overall, I think David C deserves to win, he's really worked hard to stand out and be different, taking a lot of risks.

What does bother me and will prevent me from watching AI ever again, is it seems like the producers have been planning this "David vs. David" BS since the middle of the season. The boxing theme was laid on a bit too thick and it didn't add anything to the program, it was just silly. They just decided who was going to be the top 2 and they made sure it happened, basically. And the judges are stepping out of their place when they make it waaaay too apparent who they prefer. Just critique please and move on.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:37 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
So if I throw out two (well, at least one) David A H8Rz in here, I can see the forest for the trees.

Very few A fans in here. Mrs. McGowdog won't even let me read some of the Anti-A stuff on here to her. If I do, then it's the McGowDogHouse for me.

But some of you have come on here since last night and have been a good sport. You have given props to both of them. I think they both deserve it; David Cook for a good solid season, and David Archuleta for a step-up-to-the-plate and hit 3 homers WAY out of the Park performance last night.

Based on that, I think David A should win. If he doesn't win, I won't be shocked. The last year has been lousy for me in the world of sports. Why should I expect anything different here? Whomever I root for seems to lose. Everyone except for the New York Giants. Maybe A has a New York Giants' chance.

Anyway, when the show was over last night-I just felt good for A. Like he really did win. I voted a few times myself, but I didn't sit there for 2.5 hours voting. I didn't plan on voting for A before the show. I planned on waiting to see if he'd win the final round or not. Not only did A sing the best he probably ever had last night, C didn't. Go back and listen to that first song. But he made up for it on the last song. Simon said wrong song. I myself disagree with that. But Cook's response to it was brilliant-and is part of why he will have a great rock career.

But that's no reason to hate A. What I mean by hating A is saying stuff like being a cop-out, a putz, and a word I won't take into MY mouth. But I'm not going to dwell on the hate. I judge A by what he does when he takes hold of the mic. How he reacts before and after a performance is his biz. For a 17 year old or a 57 year old, he'll take care of his biz just fine. And hopefully move away from that dad of his really soon.

May the best singer win.

Last edited by McGowdog; 05-21-2008 at 11:45 AM..

Old 05-21-2008, 11:40 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,261,635 times
Simon actually said he wanted David Cook to win. I agree with everyone when it comes to Archie, however: He did phenomenal last night. David Cook was very disappointing; he was great, but I expected a lot more for his finale. He is by far more talented and more suited to be the AI, but his performances hurt him. If Archie wins, it's because he "brought" it for the finale. Sad, since he didn't really do much the rest of the season and Cook did. Hopefully voters will remember the whole season and not just the finale. Archie forgot the words how many times??

Old 05-21-2008, 01:28 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,973 times
Red face I hope that I'm not talking 2 myself again????!

Am I the ONLY one who took Psychology 101 ???? Do you peeps REALLY think that the Judges ad lib all that nonsense, all of the time ??! The AI Execs know this has been a BAD season (as far as ratings, etc.) and they definitely know how many calls have come in for each contestant .

So my theory is that Randy purposely pushed little A because they could see that David C was the sure WINNER and they wanted to even the score to keep peeps like you and I interested ! Furthermore, pushing "A" makes all the "C" fans MAD and then they get off the arses and VOTE !!!

Bottom line, I liked all the contestants to some degree or another !! I see David A doing movies like 'HS Musical' which has made those actors a lot of moolah $$$$ ! Being a Triple Threat in this industry is really the only way to go and make a long lasting career. For any of you that watch AI Extra, you can see that talented or not, they all seem to be doing much better than before AI !!

No contestants will get the shaft here peeps !!!

As always, JMHO !

~HDL~

<You heard it here 1st >

Old 05-21-2008, 03:33 PM

889 posts, read 2,406,418 times
Archie makes me sleepy. I tivo the show and have ff through Archie most weeks. I would never buy a CD from him.

Now David Cook I find interesting. He can sing anything...and he has the most beautiful heart shaped lips.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:58 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
Archie makes me sleepy. I tivo the show and have ff through Archie most weeks. I would never buy a CD from him
Id agree completely. Archie is booooooooooooooring. zzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzz

Old 05-21-2008, 04:54 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,605,466 times
Archie did very well last nite ....but I can't picture him doing a rocker ...he has zero grit in his voice ....but he is very good at doing ballads

David C was disappointing ....but he did ok on the last song
I feel sorry he had to sing "I still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
it's got to be the worst U2 song ...a repetitive 3 chord snoozefest...

Based on the performances ....Archie shud win
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV