Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 09:26 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,893,652 times

Advertisements

I’ll have to give this show a try, I’m a little disappointed it’s not available for download on Netflix, just streaming, so that will limit when I can watch it. It looks interesting, but may be too serious for me. I like Sherlock, Doc Martin, and Midsomer Murders because they are interesting and can have some very comedic moments. I can’t watch shows that don’t ever have any fun moments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 11:39 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,308,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
You probably don't live in the UK where it just started showing....
No, sadly I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
It's currently airing in the UK. It probably won't hit the US streaming services or PBS for at least a few months.

Although you might keep an eye out for the DVDs. Shows like SHERLOCK and DOC MARTIN actually released stateside DVDs before they aired on TV.
But, but...'silly me.'

The Fourth season of the Crime series will premiere in Early 2017

Now we have official confirmation that Shetland season 4 is in the works and is expected to premiere sometime in Early 2017. Subscribe below for season Four fanalert to be the first to know when release date is announced.

https://tv-release-dates.com/shetland-season-4-7168/

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Might try UTube
Sometimes people in UK will report there and don't require subscription

I am so ready for the BBC subscription channel for world-wide viewers to get up and running
I will be scouring you tube on the off chance I will be able to catch it. You and me both!!

To add a 'fly to the ointment', there's this. (FYI, I have know idea what an iPlayer is nor a VPN, but I will be educating myself shortly).

BBC begins crackdown of iPlayer viewers using a VPN

Blocking VPNs should stop European, American, and Asian viewers from accessing iPlayer, the BBC’s extremely popular on-demand TV service

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bbc-b...233738195.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I’ll have to give this show a try, I’m a little disappointed it’s not available for download on Netflix, just streaming, so that will limit when I can watch it. It looks interesting, but may be too serious for me. I like Sherlock, Doc Martin, and Midsomer Murders because they are interesting and can have some very comedic moments. I can’t watch shows that don’t ever have any fun moments.
Yes, Netflix is my 'go to' for watching various series from the UK and Australia. Well, I can't presume your taste in watching PBS series in general, however, if you enjoy their other programming it's very likely you will enjoy this as well. I will say though that I don't recall any 'fun moments' in this particular series, but it is quite a worthy view in my opinion. Try it, you might like it.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:47 AM

2,889 posts, read 2,134,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
No, sadly I don't.

But, but...'silly me.'

The Fourth season of the Crime series will premiere in Early 2017

Now we have official confirmation that Shetland season 4 is in the works and is expected to premiere sometime in Early 2017. Subscribe below for season Four fanalert to be the first to know when release date is announced.

https://tv-release-dates.com/shetland-season-4-7168/

I will be scouring you tube on the off chance I will be able to catch it. You and me both!!

To add a 'fly to the ointment', there's this. (FYI, I have know idea what an iPlayer is nor a VPN, but I will be educating myself shortly).

BBC begins crackdown of iPlayer viewers using a VPN

Blocking VPNs should stop European, American, and Asian viewers from accessing iPlayer, the BBC’s extremely popular on-demand TV service

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bbc-b...233738195.html

Yes, Netflix is my 'go to' for watching various series from the UK and Australia. Well, I can't presume your taste in watching PBS series in general, however, if you enjoy their other programming it's very likely you will enjoy this as well. I will say though that I don't recall any 'fun moments' in this particular series, but it is quite a worthy view in my opinion. Try it, you might like it.
that yahoo article is three years old. i watched iplayer just last week from the US via VPN

Old 02-16-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fed View Post
that yahoo article is three years old. i watched iplayer just last week from the US via VPN

Well old fed, like I said in my post..."To add a 'fly to the ointment', there's this. (FYI, I have know idea what an iPlayer is nor a VPN, but I will be educating myself shortly)".

So in essence, it's all Greek to me.

ETA: Happy for you that you watched it "last week" and I have to run now because I'm going to be watching it on Netflix! Cheers!

Old 02-16-2018, 01:42 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,813,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Might try UTube
Sometimes people in UK will report there and don't require subscription

I am so ready for the BBC subscription channel for world-wide viewers to get up and running
I meant "re-post" not report
Hate spell-correct

Old 02-16-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Well old fed, like I said in my post..."To add a 'fly to the ointment', there's this. (FYI, I have know idea what an iPlayer is nor a VPN, but I will be educating myself shortly)".

So in essence, it's all Greek to me.

ETA: Happy for you that you watched it "last week" and I have to run now because I'm going to be watching it on Netflix! Cheers!
that's fine. i know there are others here that know what it all means and should be aware that despite what that 3yo article states, it's not a hard stop.

Old 02-16-2018, 05:07 PM

5,242 posts, read 3,601,795 times
The Beeb wised up to my vpn last year & I'm locked out now, I've had plenty to watch but it's getting thin & I may get a new vpn later this year.

Old 02-16-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
The Beeb wised up to my vpn last year & I'm locked out now, I've had plenty to watch but it's getting thin & I may get a new vpn later this year.
i've had to bounce around a bit. also, a couple of the vpn providers want to know when you're blocked and they'll get some new IP addresses. it's sort of a whack-a-mole scenario it seems.

Old 02-16-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fed View Post
that's fine. i know there are others here that know what it all means and should be aware that despite what that 3yo article states, it's not a hard stop.
Thank you and not to worry old fed, it's all good!

Old 02-16-2018, 06:40 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,893,652 times
I watched series 1 today and it is quite good. It is a serious show, I caught one attempt at humor and it fell flat on me, but I really enjoyed the show and will keep watching. I also noticed it is available for download, so I either remembered wrong or it has recently been changed.

The connection to the “Shetland Bus” was quite interesting. I knew from early on that disabled old man must be connected somehow. Easy to connect the dots once they mentioned a lot of money transferring and a murder on the ship back in the 40’s.

I thought the old man was being drugged by his daughter to keep him disabled, but nope, simpler truth, she did the murder for him, whether he knew about it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV