Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 12:43 PM

28,624 posts, read 18,682,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
1) Firefly. I loved Buffy and liked Angel, so had very high expectations. The first episode was out of order and it came across as kind of mess since you didn't know the characters. I immediately gave up out of grave disappointment, and then it was canceled. A few years later, I had a week before starting a new job and I binge watched it on Hulu and in the right order and I absolutely fell in love with the show. Great casting, great chemistry and a whole lotta fun. Nathan Fillion was great, and Adam Baldwin was perfect ("I'll be in my bunk."), as were everybody else. (Most of the cast has gone on to do good things elsewhere - Fillion in Castle, Baldwin in The Last Ship, Christina Hendricks in Mad Men, Morena Baccarin in V and Gotham, Summer Glau in the Terminator TV show and others, etc).
Firefly over and over again, in every list of "Better than I thought it would be" and "cancelled too soon." I can't recall I'd even heard of it before it was cancelled, and didn't see it for long afterward.

But seeing it, I was both hooked and disappointed (that it was all over).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 09:36 PM

14,612 posts, read 17,429,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoarrow View Post
Not to mention Constance Wu is hot like Kimchi!
Constance Wu was really great as the enigmatic Polly on Netflix's Parallels. You have to stay with the movie because it starts out pretty weak. It seems like a poor remake of the old TV series Sliders. But it picks up and leaves you really wanting more.

I think Wu could be the latest geek goddess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV