Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 09:08 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,285,556 times

Advertisements

Edmond was robbed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 09:14 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,719,378 times
Well, that was pretty boring overall.

Kelly: What a mess. It looked cheap. The only thing I liked was the second dress.

Edmund: Really liked his collection. I loved the first black dress a lot.

Candace: Typical stuff for her. Didn't love anything. Pretty meh overall. And what the heck was SHE wearing? What an ugly skirt.

Ashley: Very disappointing, especially after how great she started the show. Still a lot of fit issues. And I really hate pastels.

My favorite overall was Edmund's collection.

Their winner: Well, that was a surprise.

Project Runway Jr. - Can't wait!! They look like great designers and pretty varied age, sex, look, geography.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:15 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,719,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali doll View Post
edmond was robbed.

agreed!!!!

Old 11-05-2015, 09:17 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,169,405 times
What did everybody think of the finale show? I admit to not understanding much about fashion (well this kind of real high fashion) so things I like often the judges do not and vice versa. I watched the show with an eye to "would I ever wear that"? I guess I watch for the pure entertainment value. I do think they made the right choice about Edmond. I kinda liked most of Ashley's collection, though I just couldn't decide about the headpieces. I'd never wear them but they were kinda pretty. One set of the models, I thought, looked so very very thin. Oh my gosh. Now I can't remember which set they were, but wondered if anyone noticed how much thinner they looked than the rest.

I didn't like that they kept pitching the upcoming Runway Jr. series, but I guess that's TV for ya.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:04 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
I thought Candace's collection was a hot mess. No surprise she was the first out.

Edmud's was fabulous, really impressed.

Kelley's o was pleasantly surprised! I hated her finale, but overall fun.

Ashley's was great. She had some beautiful outfits that flattered a plus size woman.

Edmund should have won!!

Old 11-05-2015, 10:12 PM

7,365 posts, read 5,480,532 times
The numerous commercials and promo's for P.R. junior were torture! It felt like one hour of that and one hour of show.

Ashley was preordained to win this season right from the very beginning. They wanted a type of winner they've never had before, a plus size designer. And that's OK if she had delivered, she didn't. Shorts, crop tops, tight lacy material and tent skirts with glued on flowers were not flattering at all. Ashley didn't even wear clothes like that.

Kelly, Edmond and Candice were so beat down by the judges last week to change their collection so the judges would be happy and look what happened, they lost.

This was an underwhelming season from start to finish. I think this show has jumped the shark.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:55 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
The numerous commercials and promo's for P.R. junior were torture! It felt like one hour of that and one hour of show.
Yes, I guess between the Jr. previews and interviews and some extended piece for Pixar, there was a finale thrown in. I wanted to see the show and the judging again but in my time zone Lifetime is now showing Rachel Zoe; same episode, three times, over and over again.

Whichever way the wind blows I guess. I caught the end of last week's episode where Candice was criticized for her model's long eyebrows and I remember how the Mary Kay "we can make you fabulous" expert advised it.

And, because she was my favorite I have to say that I don't see that much difference between the red dress she made that the judges hated and the one Edmund won with earlier in the season that "so many women can wear". I wish she had stayed with her original dramatic intent. Regarding Ashley, I didn't like the colors.

Back to Candice, she knew she had fallen out of favor well before the finale. I guess one of the final comments (by Nina?) was about choosing the designer who stayed true to themselves without showing a costume. IMO there was a fair amount of costume in Ashley's presentation.

"Oh, snap" to quote Merline.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:59 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,600,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Ashley was preordained to win this season right from the very beginning. They wanted a type of winner they've never had before, a plus size designer. And that's OK if she had delivered, she didn't. Shorts, crop tops, tight lacy material and tent skirts with glued on flowers were not flattering at all. Ashley didn't even wear clothes like that.
Yep, exactly what I was going to say.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:54 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,440,884 times
I can't believe Ashley won. Her collection is the worst imo.

Kelly was robbed. Edmond's collection was nice, but like most of his past looks, they were so unoriginal.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:51 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
I actually haven't watched yet but I like being spoiled.
Thats too bad about Ashley. I like her and want her to do well. I think winning when everyone don't think you deserve it does her a major disservice and will absolutely make all her self doubt even worse. So the show just f**ked her up mentally and emotionally because they wanted to have some particular politically correct outcome? Heidi and Tim don't strike me that way but I'll bet the network insisted or something.

I was thinking of buying the grandnieces a sewing machine for Christmas. They are fraternal twins and one has several learning disabilities (IQ ok). Major impact is she can't read. I thought sewing might be good for her. Lots of tutorials to watch on you tube. I wish the kids on the show sewed too. Don't their moms do their sewing? I don't think that's as interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV