Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 10:13 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times

Advertisements

this is season 2 and I really enjoyed season 1. It's a tough job and one I personally couldn't do.

It's about prison guards.
Season Premiere at 10E/9c

right after 60 Days In

Last edited by PippySkiddles; 08-25-2016 at 10:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 01:03 PM

5,521 posts, read 7,109,883 times
Somehow I knew you would beat me in starting this thread. I saw the previews last week and it looked good. I was reminded by it today in the newspaper and will definitely record it.

Do you also watch Lockdown?

Old 08-26-2016, 09:37 AM

792 posts, read 1,302,044 times
I wasted 2 hours watching both referenced "reality" shows (shoulda known better) and it only amazes me to what depths a network will go to seek ratings.

First off...the "60 Day" thing, who in their right mind would submit to 60 days incarcerated in some funky county jail "just because". The security in those pods is a joke...who is gonna assume liability for one of those "volunteers" should the SHTF and they get injured or killed. And those select few jail administrators setting this convert operation up, do not strike me as the sharpest knives in the drawer. That's what they made cameras for....!

The prison guard show is about as lame. That only told me that the CO's in New Mexico have a very weak union and lousy administration. Ask any CO in a real facility if competent administration assign a green rookie to a gun tower...ohhhh wait New Mexico doesn't apparently have a tower....they have a hatch way to the roof....the young officer appeared to be pulling double duty.....any competent facility knows the percentile of "yard" conflicts...most maximum facilities have eyes, weapons, and skilled, seasoned officers on the ground and in the towers....seriously !

I can't personally comment on the New Mexico system, however I come from a family with correctional personnel ranking from CO to Superintendent...and this is nothing more than entertainment....what some people and systems won't do for 15 minutes of fame !

And last but not least....they just happen to have a brand new,5' tall,100 lb, young female assigned to a all male, maximum security facility...who appears to be insisting she get thrown in the mix .....this isn't about equal opportunity...however security of the facility comes first...drama...nothing but drama....the Alaska shows must be getting lousy ratings !

I will end this rant, but hope some officers and administration from a tight system, comment on this lame attempt to gain ratings !

Old 08-26-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4evr View Post
I wasted 2 hours watching both referenced "reality" shows (shoulda known better) and it only amazes me to what depths a network will go to seek ratings.

First off...the "60 Day" thing, who in their right mind would submit to 60 days incarcerated in some funky county jail "just because". The security in those pods is a joke...who is gonna assume liability for one of those "volunteers" should the SHTF and they get injured or killed. And those select few jail administrators setting this convert operation up, do not strike me as the sharpest knives in the drawer. That's what they made cameras for....!

The prison guard show is about as lame. That only told me that the CO's in New Mexico have a very weak union and lousy administration. Ask any CO in a real facility if competent administration assign a green rookie to a gun tower...ohhhh wait New Mexico doesn't apparently have a tower....they have a hatch way to the roof....the young officer appeared to be pulling double duty.....

I can't personally comment on the New Mexico system, however I come from a family with correctional personnel ranking from CO to Superintendent...and this is nothing more than entertainment....what some people and systems won't do for 15 minutes of fame !

And last but not least....they just happen to have a brand new,5' tall,100 lb, young female assigned to a all male, maximum security facility...who appears to be insisting she get thrown in the mix .....this isn't about equal opportunity...however security of the facility comes first...drama...nothing but drama....the Alaska shows must be getting lousy ratings !

I will end this rant, but hope some officers and administration from a tight system, comment on this lame attempt to gain ratings !

the good news is you never have to watch them or post about them ever again

Old 08-26-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Trust me...I won't , however this poster appears to be from NYS...don't base your system on what you are watching ...yes they have problems, however their maximum facilities are ran much different ! Think about this for a minute...during the 60 Days Show they had a clearly, known problem area...the 2nd tier..they created the "shower curtain" incident...and let the cameras roll...That issue could be resolved in 10 minutes...it's not reality !

One last thought ...that covert operation was alleged to be known to only the "volunteers" and several select jail administrators...Are you willing to believe any local, county, state, or federal facility would ever attempt to conduct this without very high political approval...there is reality...and then there is "reality" TV !

Last edited by Irish4evr; 08-26-2016 at 10:18 AM..

Old 08-26-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4evr View Post
Trust me...I won't , however this poster appears to be from NYS...don't base your system on what you are watching ...yes they have problems, however their maximum facilities are ran much different ! Think about this for a minute...during the 60 Days Show they had a clearly, known problem area...the 2nd tier..they created the "shower curtain" incident...and let the cameras roll...That issue could be resolved in 10 minutes...it's not reality !

One last thought ...that covert operation was alleged to be known to only the "volunteers" and several select jail administrators...Are you willing to believe any local, county, state, or federal facility would ever attempt to conduct this without very high political approval...there is reality...and then there is "reality" TV !
you are posting on the wrong thread; 60 Days in has it's own thread.

why are you so upset? almost every thread on this site under TV is a "Reality" show. Calm down.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:04 AM

My issue is that correctional services in general is a tough, high risk career. It is a profession...and usually the lowest paid and respected in the civil service food chain. Thou these shows may be entertaining, they fail to honestly portray the reality of both the profession and the incarcerated. Many people watching these shows have never stepped foot into either a county jail or maximum security facility, however after watching these "made for TV ratings" shows tend to base their knowledge on what they think happens inside a correctional facility. Somewhere along the way...networks like TLC etc have crossed the line...If they honestly portrayed the situation...there would be no viewers...

The State of Maine had to learn the hard way with "Northwoods Law"....watching a show about a bunch of fishermen, or some idiot trying to live off the land in Alaska is one thing...no harm no foul....

I personally found both of these shows a discredit to the profession and entities represented . Most entities will not consider placing their facility on public display...not to mention ...having a "reality" show in a correctional facility, being a gross breach of security, and huge liability.

As stated in my original post...I have many family members that have committed their entire working life to correctional services...They have earned every damn dime they collect. I'm really not upset, however I can't help but wonder how stupid these networks think the general audience is...all I am saying is...don't judge the profession by what you view...!

Last edited by Irish4evr; 08-26-2016 at 11:14 AM..

Old 08-26-2016, 11:20 AM

Back to the show...............

so the little 5 foot tall female officer who weighs 100 pounds shouldn't be anywhere near the inmates.
She is certainly not able to take car of herself and I wonder why she was selected to be in the system??
She was in a good position near the gates but supposedly she asked to be transferred to the inside. Crazy!!!

Old 08-26-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Back to the show...............

so the little 5 foot tall female officer who weighs 100 pounds shouldn't be anywhere near the inmates.
She is certainly not able to take car of herself and I wonder why she was selected to be in the system??
She was in a good position near the gates but supposedly she asked to be transferred to the inside. Crazy!!!
Thanks for making my point. That young girl. Who apprarently passed all the qualification tests, has every right to be treated equal....and should be. However this "reality" scenerio is walking the "discrimination"
line. It's all fun and games until that young, attractive gal is required to walk a tier, monitor a shower, or stand in a yard with convicted felons, many having nothing to lose. Publicizing that, has guaranteed consequences, either a civil discrimination lawsuit or...a young lady that might be changing careers...or worse....drama...! If you are trying to teach someone to swim...you don't toss them off the dock and yell "sink or swim"....

Old 08-26-2016, 11:54 AM

5,521 posts, read 7,109,883 times
I haven't watched yet Pip, any good?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV