Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 07:39 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,402,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I meant to say one more thing. When Bindi's father died, her mother Terri said that she'd had her "happy ever after" and couldnt/wouldnt want to find another man. In the nine years since, I've never seen Terri look happy. Even when her mouth is smiling, her eyes are so sad. She's done such a good job of raising her kids that It's almost heartbreaking to see how unhappy she is after all this time.
I was thinking the same thing, every time they showed her. She looks like she still misses him terribly. She's done a fine job with the kids, she should be very proud.
Bindi has the same exuberance for life and living creatures that her dad did. Can this be hereditary? I wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 08:52 PM

5,586 posts, read 8,376,625 times
In a perfect world for me, it would have come down to Bindi and Carlos, and I probably would have voted for Carlos, as I just enjoyed his dancing style, more rhythm and soul than Bindi, and he was HOT. But from the first show, I figured Bindi would be the winner for her dancing ability as well as heartbreaking backstory and bubbly personality. BTW, I know this will sound cold but I was of the opinion that Steve Irwin was a ticking time bomb. I remember all the flak he took when he was filmed holding the baby (Bob?) while feeding a crocodile, and I agreed. I was actually not surprised at all when I heard how he died, and I was mad! It's a darn shame that those kids are deprived of a father because of his risky behavior.

Anyway, SOOO glad to hear Len will be back. Julianne has come a long way but she tries too much to be like Carianne.

Can't wait to see the tour in January!

Old 11-27-2015, 08:30 AM

2,118 posts, read 4,160,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMNan View Post
I was thinking the same thing, every time they showed her. She looks like she still misses him terribly. She's done a fine job with the kids, she should be very proud.
Bindi has the same exuberance for life and living creatures that her dad did. Can this be hereditary? I wonder.
Absolutely. Steve Irwin had that zest for life you see in Bindi. I do think temperment is inherited. I know a family full of Bindi's. All 8 of them are super upbeat and the glass is always half full. Unfortunately I also know families full of Debbie Downers and the glass is always half empty. I think Bindi definitely has most of her father's DNA as far as looks, temperment and definitely a love for the animals. I always wondered what it would have been like had he had children that did not share his interest in conservation. Bindi will stick with that zest. I think her bf is a cutie but whoever ends up with her as she gets older has to have a passion for zoo life.Live it breathe it t have a family with her. That will be tough!

Old 11-29-2015, 12:05 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,138,331 times
Quote:
I meant to say one more thing. When Bindi's father died, her mother Terri said that she'd had her "happy ever after" and couldnt/wouldnt want to find another man. In the nine years since, I've never seen Terri look happy. Even when her mouth is smiling, her eyes are so sad. She's done such a good job of raising her kids that It's almost heartbreaking to see how unhappy she is after all this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMNan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Absolutely. Steve Irwin had that zest for life you see in Bindi. I do think temperment is inherited. I know a family full of Bindi's. All 8 of them are super upbeat and the glass is always half full. Unfortunately I also know families full of Debbie Downers and the glass is always half empty. I think Bindi definitely has most of her father's DNA as far as looks, temperment and definitely a love for the animals. I always wondered what it would have been like had he had children that did not share his interest in conservation. Bindi will stick with that zest. I think her bf is a cutie but whoever ends up with her as she gets older has to have a passion for zoo life.Live it breathe it t have a family with her. That will be tough!
I haven't been in here since Monday night because I had to record the finale. Some show showed the winners so I almost deleted my recordings. I am so glad I didn't! OMG, what a fantastic freestyle Derek and Bindi performed. I was sobbing right along with America. OMG. I agree, I was saddened to see the happiness/pain in Terri's eyes. I also expect to see Robert (?) dancing when he gets older. I also agree that Bindi has her father's personality. Anyone with eyes or ears can see that. Both kids look like Daddy. Derek truly impressed me. Not the dancing and choreography, which were impeccable, but just the look in his eyes when he looked at Bindi. He really loves her. Not the romantic type but he truly loves her. I have never seen such true emotion radiate from him.

I still haven't watched Tuesday's recording, I am too wiped out from really bawling my eyes and heart out. I loved Steve so much and forever miss him. Terri has done a marvelous job with their children.

I am so happy Bindi won. What a wonderful thing to see happen to that little baby we all knew from before she was born!!! I am grateful I lived long enough to see that.

Yeah, sappy, I know, but that really brought me joy.

Old 11-29-2015, 03:22 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,805,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsong View Post
Maybe it's because I've been a Backstreet Boys fan for way too long (!), but I went into a full-on ugly cry last night! It's not unusual for me to be brought to tears watching dance or figure skating. It's a beautiful art form. But since I've followed Nick's story, I know what a triumph this is. He's a much better person since cleaning up. He's always been my daughter's favorite, so to see both Nick and my daughter expecting baby boys at the same time is pretty cool! (My daughter is due in December!)
Quick update...... I am now the proud grandmother of a baby boy!! He was born Saturday morning. He was 3 weeks early, but everyone is fine!

Old 11-29-2015, 03:30 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,358,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
...Derek...the look in his eyes when he looked at Bindi. He really loves her. Not the romantic type but he truly loves her. I have never seen such true emotion radiate from him.

I still haven't watched Tuesday's recording, I am too wiped out from really bawling my eyes and heart out. I loved Steve so much and forever miss him. Terri has done a marvelous job with their children...

I noticed that too -- that Derek seems to genuinely love Bindi as a little sister. And you're right in that you can see it in his face every time he looks at her.

And I agree, as well, about Terri. It makes my heart so sad to see her mournful eyes, not just on DWTS but in every photo and TV show since Steve's death. He was so happy and full of life that I doubt he'd want her to be so sad for so long. Not suggesting that she find a boyfriend because Steve's shoes were probably too big to fill -- but just that she find a way to start enjoying life again.

Old 11-29-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsong View Post
Quick update...... I am now the proud grandmother of a baby boy!! He was born Saturday morning. He was 3 weeks early, but everyone is fine!

CONGRATS, rabbitsong!!!

Old 12-06-2015, 06:11 AM

Maks and Peta are engaged:

Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd get engaged onstage in Miami | Daily Mail Online

Old 12-06-2015, 07:08 AM

2,118 posts, read 4,160,518 times
Quote:
Interesting! I had no idea they had dated off & on for years! Surprised to read she is just 29 years old. She looks so much older to me!

Old 12-06-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Interesting! I had no idea they had dated off & on for years! Surprised to read she is just 29 years old. She looks so much older to me!

OMG, yes. He treated her very badly when he broke it off with her the last time. He said very unkind things publicly, yet she continued to chase him without shame.

And I agree that, although she's attractive, she does look older than 29.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV