Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 08:23 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,723 times

Advertisements

The pilot was leaked online a few months back. It was OK. Not good. not bad. Just OK. I'll give it a few episodes like I do any other new show that sparks my interest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 06:11 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Honestly, I have never cared too much for Supergirl as a character. That said, I like seeing all the "costume and capes" stuff come off the page to the screen, so I hope it is a good show, and that it does well.
Supergirl is not really a character that can stand on her own.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:00 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Supergirl is not really a character that can stand on her own.
She has bad writers.
Batgirl,She hulk and Ms.Maverl have great comic book run.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:37 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
She has bad writers.
Batgirl,She hulk and Ms.Marvel have great comic book run.
Even those female heroes can't really have their own stand alone series.

Wonder woman (maybe). They don't have the character development, history, range of villains, etc to have their own show or movie. They are great in a supporting role but not in the main role with the exception of wonder woman.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:15 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Even those female heroes can't really have their own stand alone series.

Wonder woman (maybe). They don't have the character development, history, range of villains, etc to have their own show or movie. They are great in a supporting role but not in the main role with the exception of wonder woman.
Superheroes show are given mainly to white straight male.
They would even let Consitine be bisexual.
Ms.Marvel or Capital Marvel is coming to big screen.
If you read the comics,you see that those female are own characters.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:18 PM

282 posts, read 219,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
The pilot was leaked online a few months back. It was OK. Not good. not bad. Just OK. I'll give it a few episodes like I do any other new show that sparks my interest
Yap. That's why I was able to watch it. I like it coz like I said I love the movie with Helen Slater. It does look like a cheesy TV series. So I guess the only ones who will watch it are people like me who have a soft spot for the heroine herself, supergirl.

Although the one that made me care for supergirl was Helen Slater in her movie. So her making a cameo in the pilot kinda fulfilled my need to care for this series.

Hopefully she will make more appearance. I just read on her IMDB that she played Clark Kent's mom in smallville.

Can't believe I did not care or watched about smallville at all. Because I know for a fact ALL superman actors made a cameo there. Particularly Chris Reeve and his Lois Lane, Margot Kidder.

And obviously this supergirl will be doing the same thing. Like all these superhero TV series does.

Supergirl is the only one I care to watch though. I did watch Lois and Clark though, LOL. It's cheesy also but I love it!

Old 08-31-2015, 04:34 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times
Helen Slater was NOT Clark's Mom in "Smallville".

Old 08-31-2015, 05:18 PM

282 posts, read 219,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Helen Slater was NOT Clark's Mom in "Smallville".
Whatever her role was. Since I just browsed in IMDB. She was someone's mom there, LOL. I read it again. She was superman's mom!! So she is Clark Kent's mom. Because Kent IS Superman. I mean, do you want to debate over this? Coz I win, ya know.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:33 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
I plan on giving it a try just because of Calista Flockhart.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:46 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times
You can argue incorrectly all that you like but Helen Slater was NOT Clark's mother. I have forgotten her name but it was NOT Helen Slater. Maybe someone remembers who it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV