Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 12:28 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,069,126 times

Advertisements

I don't think we should be celebrating how big she is , instead we should be encouraging her to lose all of this excess weight and not be okay with it as she seems to be . This girl will be dead by 40 at this rate she is going . she cannot be possibly healthy with that much weight on her at all .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 01:27 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I don't think we should be celebrating how big she is , instead we should be encouraging her to lose all of this excess weight and not be okay with it as she seems to be . This girl will be dead by 40 at this rate she is going . she cannot be possibly healthy with that much weight on her at all .
this
I taught and teach my kids to never ever tease or belittle someone based on their appearance...including body image

but I don't want my kids taught that being this obese is fabulous...it IS NOT

obesity can occur with her disease, but it treatable with lifestyle change, diet and exercise...so its not like no matter what she does she gains weight...

Old 09-10-2015, 02:30 AM

41,938 posts, read 75,137,295 times
Quote:
Someone else who doesn't understand the premise of the show ...

Old 09-10-2015, 09:17 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,069,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Someone else who doesn't understand the premise of the show ...

the premise of the show is teaching young people that it is fabulous to be overweight and it certainly is not . this girl is a cardiologist nightmare and she needs to stop promoting being overweight ...

Old 09-10-2015, 09:33 AM

1,334 posts, read 1,672,469 times
Quote:
the premise of the show is teaching young people that it is fabulous to be overweight and it certainly is not . this girl is a cardiologist nightmare and she needs to stop promoting being overweight ...
If the premise of the show bothers you so much, don't watch it.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:28 AM

278 posts, read 252,171 times
Quote:
Umm no
The premise of the show, which by the way my 2 young grandkids got right away! Is having a positive outlook no matter what life throws at you

She could end up losing all that weight, but in the meantime, Is she just supposed to curl up
in a ball and die????
No, you get out there and live life, you give it all you've got

A positive attitude is everything, and my grandkids got it 5 minutes after watching the show

Her dancing is amazing, btw, and just cause she weighs what she weighs, doesn't stop her!
Another posiitive message!

It doesn't have to be weight, life can throw any number of adversities your way, it's all how you deal with the hand that lfe throws you, that counts! That is the overwhelming message of the show

Old 09-10-2015, 07:50 PM

41,938 posts, read 75,137,295 times
Quote:
Ummm ... wrong again. Have you even seen the show? I highly doubt it.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:19 PM

3,830 posts, read 6,727,361 times
Quote:
Exactly! It is more about loving yourself and living life fully despite medical problems. Medical problems that made it very easy for her to gain weight and makes it difficult for her to lose it.

She leads a very active lifestyle. She isn't just sitting on the couch eating a bag of chips.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:52 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,039 times
Quote:
umm...sorry...don't use the word premise then...this show is making it look like being grossly overweight and unhealthy is fabulous...why not just have shows about how wonderful drug addicts or alcoholics are, or smokers for that matter,,,(mad men LOL)

She is NOT fabulous...she is very unhealthy...I am totallt against fat shaming or making fun, but I wont glorify BAD health habits to be p.c.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:55 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,206,866 times
It is going to suck when she blows out her acl/mcl on tv for the world to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV