U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:49 AM

6 posts, read 24,239 times

Advertisements

Are there any here??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 05:08 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,037,898 times
I like it, although I think this year has been to soap operay (is that a word???).

Old 01-28-2008, 07:42 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,932,399 times
The writing's SO good. Characters are probably some of the most 3-dimensional on TV right now.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:36 PM

9,538 posts, read 20,423,992 times
I like the first 2 seasons. When they turned Jenny into a nutcase with all the darkness surrounding her life,etc, I didn't enjoy watching as much anymore. And the last season they had her floating in a boat in the middle of the ocean?? lol Lost at sea?
The last few seasons, some of the characters were less appealing to watch, like Moira/Max. And Bette and her choices for partners.
Are there really women like Papi??
I like the old Shane better..they turned her into a domestic type. It doesn't suit her.
And the other one, the rich girl that was cut off financially by her mother. Why did they originally have her as an aggessive type, getting anyone she wanted, then turn her into a ditzy mousy type that can't figure out how to make a living. Don't the writer's think we know any better?
Still, it's a great show and can't wait for the next season.
I don't get to see the season until it's over. I get it on Netflix.

As for being moral and all.. I don't see why watching shows like "The L Word" and "***** as folk" would make me any less moral. I enjoy all kinds of series and movies, and will continue to watch them as long as they are on. (Although ***** as folk has officially ended..too bad too.)

Old 02-04-2008, 08:41 AM

11,835 posts, read 23,788,690 times
I love it but I don't have Showtime this year.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I love it but I don't have Showtime this year.
That is just unacceptable!

The L Word
Sleeper Cell
Weeds
Dexter
The Tudors
Showtime Championship boxing
Elite XC

It's simply the best (okay, my favorite) channel there is.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:50 PM

319 posts, read 1,297,985 times
I think since Angela Robinson came on board, the writing is more soap opera like. They are taking a while to get to the point. I think Jenny's assistant is out to destroy her. I am a Jenny fan so it will be interesting to watch her taken down a few pegs. They did it with Bette. I am always more interested when they deconstruct the character. Shane is a typical drama seeking lesbian. She seems like she has good intentions but she always gets herself into a mess. I guess we will watch and see.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:34 PM

I really dislike the Jenny character now. I'm looking forward to her receiving a reality check.

SPOILER ALERT for those not watching weekly (from a few weeks ago)...

Why did they write Helena out so abruptly? That just seemed out of nowhere.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:56 PM

2,295 posts, read 5,170,243 times
Default it's nothing more than a soap opera now

The L Word has taken the low road ever since they killed Dana in season 3. Now the show has moved on in to fully soap opera land where the characters are nothing more than puppets in three ring circus, with story lines that culiminate in one season and characters whose "stories" are quickly told and then cut loose. As the show has evolved this seems to be what the writers want which is ok with me. It seems their pet character is Jenny who has become crazier and more twisted with every season. All the other characters are more or less like they were from season one only better dressed, etc. I watch the L Word now mostly for Jenny, to find out what crazy thing she's done. I thought they could have done so much more with what they wrote for her in season 4 and was kind of let down by her quick transformation in to a Super *****. Now that they've turned her in to a monster they need to stick with that and let her destroy herself. Either that or she should be a permanent villain. It was hinted at the end of season 4 that Jenny is the only one who really sees through the bull**** of the other characters and in fact may be the only one with a handle on reality.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:42 PM

11,835 posts, read 23,788,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in TN View Post
That is just unacceptable!

The L Word
Sleeper Cell
Weeds
Dexter
The Tudors
Showtime Championship boxing
Elite XC

It's simply the best (okay, my favorite) channel there is.
I miss Weeds too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV