Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 11:25 PM

23,547 posts, read 13,766,234 times

Advertisements

The thing is, since they don't show news but what I see in glimpses of endless talking heads spouting off opinions...................

.....................I don't watch them at all.

Has this conversion to clueless opinion and dribble driven others off as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 11:32 PM

4,903 posts, read 4,192,134 times
I work over night and turn the volume down on the TV here at my desk until after 2AM when over night news does come on. Even at that I have to switch between CBS and ABC because they repeat the same stories over and over and o v e r .

Old 09-24-2015, 12:00 AM

23,547 posts, read 13,766,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
I work over night and turn the volume down on the TV here at my desk until after 2AM when over night news does come on. Even at that I have to switch between CBS and ABC because they repeat the same stories over and over and o v e r .
I, too, work over night and after I did that post, I was curious to what they show after 2 AM; maybe I will check tonight.

As it is, when I come in on shift, I switch it over to the Spanish channels. The TV's have to be on, that's part of the requirement of the shift, but I think one of the reasons why I get away with the Spanish channels is because the school is heading, if not already there, international status.

In the morning, it's on Un Nuevo Dia which is more of a morning show but it has some news and then I usually switch over to Primero Noticias which is mostly news......and mostly news in the old fashion sense.

ALTHOUGH, like everyone else, even those can get fixated on an event, such as the Pope.

The boss is an interesting man, very sensitive to what is shown on TV because it's in a room where passerbys outside can see what's on TV (rather, I think, the reason why there are TV's here in the first place). So around 7 AM I switch from Nuevo Dia to Primero because as a morning show, they may be swimsuit fashions, belly dancers, or, as in a few months ago, the progression of one of the hostess's pregnancy.

Interestingly enough, I use to use Morning Express on HLN as the neutral channel for the boss, he's a solid FOX News man. Two days ago, however, he told me he hated HLN and turn to something else.......and he was the one who "introduced" me to Robin Meade in the first place! So this morning, I put it on ESPN.....alas, another talking head channel.

Got to rush off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV