Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 05:12 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,543,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I watched the first series and frankly I don't remember a whole lot about it.

I remembered the characters from the first series as they appeared on tonight's show though.

I wasn't even going to start watching this show due to NBC's looooooooong list of failures as of late, and I figure this show will just get cancelled anyway and by the time that happens, it's that much of your life you're never getting back, so it's like, what's the point?

But I have to say that I did enjoy the premier of Heroes Reborn and I'll likely continue to watch it and see where it goes.
For that very reason I just about gave up on network sci-fi shows. Heroes, V (which was awesome), The Event, etc. etc., all great shows just canceled. I always thought the viewership was strong enough to keep them going. Heroes was a FAVORITE and I was ticked off when it was abruptly canceled, so I vowed I wouldn't watch this incarnation. *However* judging by some of the comments, I might get sucked in a give a view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 06:48 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Cancelled, too, The 4400....Terminator series with Sarah Connors...and others I can't
remember they were cancelled so fast!
So I agree.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:03 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,543,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Cancelled, too, The 4400....Terminator series with Sarah Connors...and others I can't
remember they were cancelled so fast!
So I agree.
Exactly! I think after Tera Nova was canceled after being assured it was returning (this was such a great concept). I swore off anything sci-fi on NBC/FOX/ABC (CBS to me never really did much with sci-fi). I'm sticking to SyFy channel, AMC, USA network, etc. for wherever I can get my current favs (Continuum, Walking Dead, the now completed "Falling skies").

If it gets past the first season, I might binge watch it and pick it up in season 2. I would be all gun-ho about it if it were on the USA network. Might stand a chance of surviving.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:07 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Exactly! I think after Tera Nova was canceled after being assured it was returning (this was such a great concept). I swore off anything sci-fi on NBC/FOX/ABC (CBS to me never really did much with sci-fi). I'm sticking to SyFy channel, AMC, USA network, etc. for wherever I can get my current favs (Continuum, Walking Dead, the now completed "Falling skies").

If it gets past the first season, I might binge watch it and pick it up in season 2. I would be all gun-ho about it if it were on the USA network. Might stand a chance of surviving.
I think many shows are now produced with the prejudice that you might only get a minimum run and the story tellers produce self contained arcs. If you can watch a stand alone 2 hour movie why not a 13 hour series? I miss Sarah Connor but I am glad that is my end memory of the Terminator franchise

Old 09-26-2015, 08:18 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Yes, Terra Nova!

Old 09-27-2015, 05:14 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,765,953 times
Interesting beginning. I'm guessing (and also hoping) we'll be seeing Hiro next week. Hopefully the people behind the scenes learned their lesson and realize how they went off the rails with the original show so they won't make the same mistakes twice.

I like the idea of a new generation with a few old faces sprinkled in. Like many I'm disappointed there'll be no Claire (and based on a couple promos I watched it looks like they killed her off) or Peter but I'm willing tro sit back and see what the this new crop of kids brings to the table. Sure we won't have Syler but we do have Zachary Levi (that's right our beloved Chuck) as kind of a villain; running around with his wife offing people with abilities left and right. And thanks to the goofball from last year's failure A to Z, they now have files with names and locations.

I'm looking forward to this show. Piecing together the Primatech explosion, the return of other familiar faces and what side they're on and most important, learning what this big threat to the world is.

And am I the only one wondering what happened to Noah's wife and son? We flash forward to a year after the explosion and he's got a different identity and he's getting married? I couldn't have been alone saying "Umm Noah. Aren't you already married?" I understand that in this incarnation of the show they serve no purpose but it would be nice to know just the same

Old 09-27-2015, 06:46 PM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I think many shows are now produced with the prejudice that you might only get a minimum run and the story tellers produce self contained arcs. If you can watch a stand alone 2 hour movie why not a 13 hour series? I miss Sarah Connor but I am glad that is my end memory of the Terminator franchise
I don't think many shows really are produced that way, particularly not for the network channels. That's why they wind up ending either suddenly without any denouement (Terra Nova) or with an unsatisfactory series finale that was clearly hastily written after an unexpected series cancellation announcement (Life on Mars).

In some cases, that also tends to be true for cable channels. Continuum, for instance, had nicely tied up all its story lines in the third season finale, and didn't need an additional season at all (the writer says he had plans for as many as 10 seasons!). Heroes should have ended when they killed Sylar.

However, in support of your point, I think SF fans more than any others are more receptive to a deliberately limited series with a planned beginning, middle, and end.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:08 AM

4,062 posts, read 5,642,357 times
Not into this show, can't see how it won't get cancelled after a while.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:52 AM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Not into this show, can't see how it won't get cancelled after a while.
Well, it's a limited series only scheduled for 13 episodes. Presuming those are already in the can, they will all surface somewhere...Netflix if nowhere else.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:13 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtpie1968 View Post
I liked it! Did you who watched it, notice that jack colemans character was called mr. Barnes I believe......little tidbit for those who watch Nashville.
His character name is Noah BENNETT, not Barnes.

I liked the premier! I got settled in quite quickly thanks to Jack Coleman as Noah Bennett. I liked all the shots of cheerleaders, all the little and not so little references to the original. Guess they had to kill off Claire-bear because of Nashville commitments for Hayden.

Yes, we WILL be seeing Hiro to this week! That will bring me full circle for sure. I wonder if Hiro gets killed since he is in the 5-O now.

Looking forward to watching more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV