Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2016, 07:03 AM

1,912 posts, read 3,221,546 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't have opened the door either if a reality TV show we're filming outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 08:58 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,100,638 times
ugh....Nene? I threw up in my mouth a little

As far as Kenya's situation. Look, folks. I get we all deal with things differently, but at 46 years old, when will Kenya get over it? Her father has been telling her for years to stop trying to contact her mom, as she wants nothing to do with Kenya. Kenya, I get it. Your mom sucks, and that is sad. But there are a lot of people (especially in the black community, unfortunately), who grow up in unstable households, yet they turned out just fine.

I'm not trying to be insensitive to her situation, I'm trying to make the point that kenya seems to blame a lot of her "issues" on the non-relationship with her mother. Now, my point is that, it's one thing to be depressed, have trust issues, etc...because your family life growing up was unstable. That's normal. But Kenya's rudeness, unnecessary shade, and ratchetness can not be excused by her mom situation. That's just kenya being a beeotch.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:54 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,073,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I'm not trying to be insensitive to her situation, I'm trying to make the point that kenya seems to blame a lot of her "issues" on the non-relationship with her mother. Now, my point is that, it's one thing to be depressed, have trust issues, etc...because your family life growing up was unstable. That's normal. But Kenya's rudeness, unnecessary shade, and ratchetness can not be excused by her mom situation. That's just kenya being a beeotch.
MEMO TO KENYA: Your mother doesn't want anything to do with you. She never did and she never will. Time to move on. And showing-up "alone" with your dad, step-mom, nephew, friend and an entire film crew is not alone Sooner or later, you will have to stop blaming your mom for everything. She had and has no influence on your life so guess what boo? Time to put on your big girl pants on and take responsibility for your own life. <end of memo>

And speaking of someone needing to put on your big girl panties - Kia needs to look for a substitute for her sister for maternity leave. And stop eating and talking with your mouth open

Mama Joyce looked like she would eat Phaedra if she had to

Old 01-12-2016, 08:32 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,100,638 times
^ agreed on all points.

Funny how Kia has all these issues with he business not being handled properly...yet she's never there. Of all the women on this show who have their own businesses (they all have their own brands, I believe), Portia seems to be the least hands on.

And why does Kenya wear pants that are SO tight? Yes Kenya, you have a nice butt LOL (is it even real?). If you have a nice figure, I can understand wanting to show it off. But kenya wears jeans that are so tight, with her butt being so big, it makes her shape look funny.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
And why does Kenya wear pants that are SO tight?
I thought she was wearing work-out tights when she answered the door at her hotel room. I guess they were regular pants How does she even get them on and off

And has Kia made any money off of all her products

Phaedra doesn't want to release the pregnancy work-out video. She just didn't want to pay Todd the rest of the money

Old 01-12-2016, 08:44 PM

339 posts, read 695,473 times
Quote:
ugh....Nene? I threw up in my mouth a little

As far as Kenya's situation. Look, folks. I get we all deal with things differently, but at 46 years old, when will Kenya get over it? Her father has been telling her for years to stop trying to contact her mom, as she wants nothing to do with Kenya. Kenya, I get it. Your mom sucks, and that is sad. But there are a lot of people (especially in the black community, unfortunately), who grow up in unstable households, yet they turned out just fine.

There are people who have been abused or had very hard and unhappy childhoods, and yet, as an adult, they are some of the nicest people you could meet. Kenya is just a nasty person and I really don't believe it is all because of her relationship with her mom, or other circumstances in her childhood. Although I do feel for her about her mom situation, that, imho, does not exuse her shady, ratchet, s***-stirring behavior.

Now, in one defense of her mom, I probably would not have opened the door for Kenya either given our history, Kenya could not really think her mom would just have opened the door for her and greeted her warmly or otherwise. Kenya has to let this go and deal with it with professional therapy.

But I have to say, there is something going on here with the mother that no one wants to discuss as to why she continues to dis Kenya after all these years. It is not like it is a secret they are biologically related. This is common knowledge since Kenya won her crown almost 22 years ago, it was discussed it some news articles at that time. I would love to hear the mother, Patricia's side of things.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:56 AM

And I loved the comment from Lauren to Kia "you make me fly in economy!" Could you imagine traveling with your sister and she is seated in first class while you in steerage and you had to book the tickets

Old 01-14-2016, 09:35 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,491,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPeach View Post

There are people who have been abused or had very hard and unhappy childhoods, and yet, as an adult, they are some of the nicest people you could meet. Kenya is just a nasty person and I really don't believe it is all because of her relationship with her mom, or other circumstances in her childhood. Although I do feel for her about her mom situation, that, imho, does not exuse her shady, ratchet, s***-stirring behavior.

Now, in one defense of her mom, I probably would not have opened the door for Kenya either given our history, Kenya could not really think her mom would just have opened the door for her and greeted her warmly or otherwise. Kenya has to let this go and deal with it with professional therapy.

But I have to say, there is something going on here with the mother that no one wants to discuss as to why she continues to dis Kenya after all these years. It is not like it is a secret they are biologically related. This is common knowledge since Kenya won her crown almost 22 years ago, it was discussed it some news articles at that time. I would love to hear the mother, Patricia's side of things.

Her mother might just be a bad person...she said she never wanted her from birth. I know, I have the same type of mother. Thank God for my grandmother, who was and is my mother, as far as i'm concerned.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:48 PM

4,489 posts, read 4,973,277 times
Kenya dear..move on and twirl on girl. You will never seek acceptance from your mother.
I absolutely hate how Kim has been manipulated. It does not look good for our
2tee

Old 01-18-2016, 07:16 AM

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Kenya - get it What you want from your mother - you will NEVER get but you will continue to blame her for the way your life is. You will continue to be unfulfilled and blame your mother. You are responsible for your own happiness. Thank you for listening to the kumba-ya message

I would have rather have Tootie take her kids out of the situation than have them be miserable. She was correct - it was an adult trip not for 8 and 2 year olds.

She's bacccckkkkk HeNe looked like she was going to pop out of her outfit (and not in a good way)

Kia was inspired to do civil rights work Girl you best find the train station for the underground railway first
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV