Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2016, 04:18 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,777,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
would explain a lot. and hey I don't care if she's gay but no fair to the guy unless he agrees to beard for her.
Exactly! I wonder just how thoroughly they vet these people? I'm beginning to think not much. This is the first season I've watched and I'm not impressed with the casting. I know they want some friction to make for their version of good TV, but if there should be a limit. How naive of me! One can hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 05:55 PM

806 posts, read 958,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

Do you guys think Sam and her "roommate" are lesbians? I thought maybe so. She's so horrible it's just painful to watch. Ashley is irritating, but Sam is just a nasty, awful person.

You know, last season my gaydar went off almost immediately the first time I saw Sean. This season it did not even make a beep but it makes perfect sense. Sam's obviously still in the closet and hasn't come out to her family yet and only got "married" because they kept pressuring her. Her intention is to nitpick everything Neil does and says to make it appear like it's all his fault so when they divorce they will never pressure her again and she can go back to scissoring her girlfriend in the closet.

Brilliant!

Old 01-20-2016, 06:04 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
In my opinion, the first go round with this show, the experts really matched people who wanted to be matched. The second season, the people that applied, more of them were in it to be discovered, and the experts matched for more drama.

Second season was an implosion, with death threats, domestic violence and restraining orders. Ugly.

This season, I still think the people picked are doing it for the notoriety and not to get married, and the experts are picking for drama, but backed off extreme drama.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:57 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acercode View Post
You know, last season my gaydar went off almost immediately the first time I saw Sean. This season it did not even make a beep but it makes perfect sense. Sam's obviously still in the closet and hasn't come out to her family yet and only got "married" because they kept pressuring her. Her intention is to nitpick everything Neil does and says to make it appear like it's all his fault so when they divorce they will never pressure her again and she can go back to scissoring her girlfriend in the closet.

Brilliant!
This had me ROFLMAO,

It does make sense!

Old 01-21-2016, 12:12 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,402,263 times
I thought the same thing about Sam and her roommate (lesbians). And how awful is she to Neil -- she walks in the kitchen and says "this fool decided to wake me up".....yeah, supposedly "kidding" but she speaks to him like a dog, or actually, she's nicer to her dog than Neil. She clearly does not like OR respect him. She's doing everything she can to make him run. How about telling him she only had one key, as if there aren't hardware stores that make keys??!!! I didn't like her from the minute they introduced her...thought she was obnoxious. Her "quirkiness" was not amusing in the least. This has to be the worst match of the three. If I said I like a strong, take-charge guy because I'M a strong, take-charge type of gal, and then they stuck me with a wimp because they thought he'd balance my assertiveness with his passivity, I'd not be happy at all. But in my wildest unhappiness, I'd never treat anyone as meanly as Sam does Neil. But the fact that he LETS her treat him that way is only exacerbating the situation. Maybe if he rose up and challenged her, she'd start to respect him and perhaps start feeling an attraction.

I agree Dr. (whatever-his-name-is, the psychologist) is creepy. I believe his face is botoxed to the point where not a muscle moves. And he looks yellow on my screen, I don't know about yours. Weird.

Last edited by Avalon08; 01-21-2016 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: Added something

Old 01-21-2016, 01:00 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
In my opinion, the first go round with this show, the experts really matched people who wanted to be matched. The second season, the people that applied, more of them were in it to be discovered, and the experts matched for more drama.

Second season was an implosion, with death threats, domestic violence and restraining orders. Ugly.

This season, I still think the people picked are doing it for the notoriety and not to get married, and the experts are picking for drama, but backed off extreme drama.
I haven't seen all of Season three or one, but from what I know, I think this is a very good, accurate summary of the show. Good job, Tallysmom

MSR

Old 01-21-2016, 01:14 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I keep wondering about the "Experts". They seem real - except for the psychologist guy who is really creepy. But I think they're stuck with finding matches between people who the Producers pick for TV value, and that just isn't working. I think the Experts must be stuck in contracts they can't get out of. This can't be good for their careers.

And remember how last season the men were all awful? And this season the women are all awful? That can't be a coincidence. I'm sure the producers skewed things this way so this season would be different from the last.

Do you guys think Sam and her "roommate" are lesbians? I thought maybe so. She's so horrible it's just painful to watch. Ashley is irritating, but Sam is just a nasty, awful person.
The experts are real. They are at the top of their respective fields. However, I've always wondered how an Ethics/Divinity kind of professional can be okay with setting people up for six weeks of who-knows-what, then divorce.

My take, especially with how Dr. Pepper and Dr. Logan (the women) explain things is their real goal is to educate newly and nearly weds at home. They talk about the different phases of marriage and what must be accomplished at each phase of marriage to progress to a new level.

Very real possibility about Sam. Maybe she'll identify as bi so she can't be accused of deception.

MSR

Old 01-21-2016, 06:08 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,823,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I thought the same thing about Sam and her roommate (lesbians). And how awful is she to Neil -- she walks in the kitchen and says "this fool decided to wake me up".....yeah, supposedly "kidding" but she speaks to him like a dog, or actually, she's nicer to her dog than Neil. She clearly does not like OR respect him. She's doing everything she can to make him run. How about telling him she only had one key, as if there aren't hardware stores that make keys??!!! I didn't like her from the minute they introduced her...thought she was obnoxious. Her "quirkiness" was not amusing in the least. This has to be the worst match of the three. If I said I like a strong, take-charge guy because I'M a strong, take-charge type of gal, and then they stuck me with a wimp because they thought he'd balance my assertiveness with his passivity, I'd not be happy at all. But in my wildest unhappiness, I'd never treat anyone as meanly as Sam does Neil. But the fact that he LETS her treat him that way is only exacerbating the situation. Maybe if he rose up and challenged her, she'd start to respect him and perhaps start feeling an attraction.

I agree Dr. (whatever-his-name-is, the psychologist) is creepy. I believe his face is botoxed to the point where not a muscle moves. And he looks yellow on my screen, I don't know about yours. Weird.
Neil has rose up and challenged her...then she blows a gasket and kicks him out...these experts just think it's normal behaviour from Sam... she is not quirky...shes a smart A$$..So I really would like to hear the experts ask her why her HUSBAND DOESN'T HAVE A KEY.......

Old 01-21-2016, 06:46 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,735 times
Ashley is just so annoying to me.. OMG really!! She's not even TRYING. Sam can dish it but can't take it. Shes another one ugh. I'm kinda disappointed this season but I still watch lol.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:12 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,983 times
Yeah, this season is nothing but "Debbie Downers"! Sam is just the worst. The name calling, the beat downs...she's just awful.

Ashley, ugh... she can just marry her dog for all I care!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV