Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2015, 07:10 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times

Advertisements

I just read her blogs from this week and last week. They are touching to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 11:48 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,989,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
It really feels like she is begging for attention on this. She is constantly going on and on about her condition and to make the kids think that she could be dying was the last straw for me. She's really taking this too far. One poster said she's handling it with dignity...mmmm no, dignity isn't going out of your way at every opportunity to scream "Look at me, I'm sooooo sick!" "Whoa is me". She's milking it in every scene. Not cool.
Yep, exactly. If this is how she is, I'm not surprised she's divorcing.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:06 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
Idc if she has a lymes or not, because putting her children on tv to talk about her will should've been private. She's so desperate for tv time.

Yeah, really disappointed in her. It's just too much.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:11 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I agree. I'm so sick and tired of her. "Take care of my mommy". WAH WAH I always forget she has a son.
CRINGED with the take care of my mommy bit! I've usually liked Yo and have defended her. Something very wrong going on here.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
CRINGED with the take care of my mommy bit! I've usually liked Yo and have defended her. Something very wrong going on here.
Bravo is known for editing to make situations out of nothing. That being said, no editing excuses her busting out her will and having her children cry on tv. It's sickening.

And now two of her children have Lyme Disease??? Yo kept going back and forth from "compromised immune system" to "Lyme's". I realize that immunity is compromised from Lyme's, but I think that Yo is making it up about the kids. I really do. Bella was SO sick that she dropped out of school...to model??

Old 12-31-2015, 05:52 AM

1,912 posts, read 3,224,509 times
You have to admit...we are ALL talking about Yolanda!!! She has very successfully turned all the attention to herself, even taking the spotlight away from her kids who are doing really great on their own. UGGGGGH

Old 12-31-2015, 05:04 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
Bravo is known for editing to make situations out of nothing. That being said, no editing excuses her busting out her will and having her children cry on tv. It's sickening.

And now two of her children have Lyme Disease??? Yo kept going back and forth from "compromised immune system" to "Lyme's". I realize that immunity is compromised from Lyme's, but I think that Yo is making it up about the kids. I really do. Bella was SO sick that she dropped out of school...to model??

I read somewhere maybe last year or before that Anwar and Bella HAD Lyme Disease but were cured. Typically, if a person gets Lyme, it can be cured with a round of strong antibiotics. Then, there are others, like me and Yolanda, where it just doesn't go away. It's very difficult because, along with the pain and the neurological issues, many people (doctors included) refuse to believe that chronic Lyme exists. I can tell you it DOES exist and I had Lyme long before Hollywood "glamorized" it (it seems every other celebrity is saying they have Lyme)

I believe Yolanda's problem is that she is at the end of her rope. She's gone for so many treatments all over and nothing is helping. She's likely very depressed and is grasping at anything to cure her. Didn't she also say she had "parasites" (aka: intestinal worms)?? If so, that probably threw her for a loop.

I don't agree with her upsetting her children like that -- especially with the will --- but I can excuse her for it. She probably feels the need to make sure everyone (kids included) know exactly what she's going through and wants to make sure they are sympathetic toward her. It doesn't make sense, but I think that's what it is

Old 01-01-2016, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I read somewhere maybe last year or before that Anwar and Bella HAD Lyme Disease but were cured. Typically, if a person gets Lyme, it can be cured with a round of strong antibiotics. Then, there are others, like me and Yolanda, where it just doesn't go away. It's very difficult because, along with the pain and the neurological issues, many people (doctors included) refuse to believe that chronic Lyme exists. I can tell you it DOES exist and I had Lyme long before Hollywood "glamorized" it (it seems every other celebrity is saying they have Lyme)

I believe Yolanda's problem is that she is at the end of her rope. She's gone for so many treatments all over and nothing is helping. She's likely very depressed and is grasping at anything to cure her. Didn't she also say she had "parasites" (aka: intestinal worms)?? If so, that probably threw her for a loop.

I don't agree with her upsetting her children like that -- especially with the will --- but I can excuse her for it. She probably feels the need to make sure everyone (kids included) know exactly what she's going through and wants to make sure they are sympathetic toward her. It doesn't make sense, but I think that's what it is
I'm sorry you're struggling. I know that it's brutal and erratic.

Yo never had a second opinion, that's what's so strange.

Lyme's or not, putting the kids on TV to discuss the will was for ratings only. But she doesn't have to answer to me, so my two cents doesn't mean anything lol.

Happy New Year.

Old 01-01-2016, 01:27 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
I completely missed a possible dx of Lyme Disease in my 3 year old (he's now 16), as did 3 separate pediatricians -in the same practice- and two ER docs.

The 3rd ER doc (finally, and a pediatric ER doc) took one look at my child and said, "Lyme. I'm pretty sure I can find the bite mark before you offer me a piece of gum b/c I just had a sub (Hoagie/grinder) with a lot of onions. And he did. But who cares what the breath of the physician smells like when he's showing you the huge bullseye running through your kid's scalp?

My 3 year old had a rash on the right side of his face - I also had a newborn at the time, my parents took my 3 year old to their house to swim & play almost every day after the baby came home. Play included handling the feral kittens hiding out in their front porch built in planter.

I thought, one day, that the red line running down the right side of his face that he came home to me with after a sunny day in the pool at his grandparents house was a sunburn. A line of sunburn running from the top of his head (hidden by his great head of thick hair) to his chin.

Then the line of sunburn started migrating - closer to his eye, nose, right side of his mouth.

Fever set in - high fever. He got up to 106F many nights, but one night and after the piggy-backing of Tylenol and Motrin and a cold bath (with lots of "cool" water poured on top of his head) didn't help for more than 20 minutes after? I took him back to the ER.

Then his pediatrician put him on Keflex for 10 days. Said to give it 5-7 days for him to start feeling better- then a week and one day, when the fever was controlled by OTCs (setting alarms to wake up and give him his next dose of whatever he was due for), he was looking out of my family room window drinking out of a sippy cup. In a good mood... all was great. Then he turned to me b/c he thought he spilled his water all over him, but what happened was that his face (right eye and right side of his mouth) stopped "working".

Called the pediatric group, was told by the very panicked sounding doc who put him on the Keflex, to get him to the ER immediately. She said she was going to call ahead and let "them" know that he was a priority case.

So that brings me back to the ER Pediatric Physician.

Tick bite found behind his right ear.

Confirmed by blood work, then as a precaution and to rule out meningitis? Spinal tap.

He was on a 60 day course of amoxicillin. Due to the facial palsy and the severity of it.

His face? It took close to 6 months for his right eye to close "normally" after he finished the course of meds….while sleeping & awake. His mouth? Took a little longer for him to be able to "smile" without the right side drooping.

A good 8 months for the palsy caused by the toxin to get back to normal.

Thank God for that ER doc.

My 3 year old is doing just fine 13 years later.

My child had a visible sign of Lyme disease that wasn't caught by his parents, 3 separate pediatricians and 2 ER docs.

We're very lucky and very thankful for that one ER doc who did, no matter what he had just had for dinner.

Yolanda?

I find it amusing that she's back to being Yo after her implants were removed and the silicone cleaned up and out.

Did Bella and Anwar not show any signs of infection? Were their tick bites on the bottoms of their feet/legs/rear ends? No fever? No sign of weird red rash anywhere?

I don't know how it works (the bacterial infection) for all depending on ground zero (where they got bit).

Maybe they do have Lyme D. that was never treated.

I'm not sure that I buy Yo's "Lyme Brain" excuses behind Bella's DUI or why Anwar isn't a star athlete or model or real estate mogul by now. Funny how Yo's Golden child is Gigi - the only one without LD.

If Gigi chose college over modeling I wonder if Yo would have her all dx'd up with Lyme too...

Old 01-01-2016, 02:30 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Not any stronger than regular old Amoxicillin.

Quote:
She's good…after she had her implants removed along with the silicone that strayed & affected lymph nodes removed.

Doesn't sound like an undiagnosed case of LD.

Before Lyme Disease was a household word (and 20+ years before my child was dx'd with it) a client of mine passed away from it.

I was in my early 20's (now in my mid-40's). She was a vibrant, funny woman in her 40s. Didn't see her for a while (year or two), then the next time I did? She was walking with a cane, her hands shook and she had to wear sun glasses to block out light - if you've ever had your eyes dilated by an Ophthalmologist you know that your eyelids take on a life of their own to protect your eyes from the light if you don't first (with sunglasses). That was her daily experience. Even when inside.

Finally she was dx'd with Lyme. She was already on the down swing and this was in the mid-90's when Lyme Disease was just something you "heard about".

Never treated in the early stages, too late to treat when she was dx'd.

It's not a disease to make light of.

Not by any means.

My client and my child are two reasons why I don't believe Yolanda's health issues are due to LD.

Not when she's back to her old self after having her leaky silicone implants and affected nodes removed.

I also can't buy Yo's LD crap when I've seen first hand, two times, what LD can do to a person.

One caught early enough and the other NOT.

I think its funny how Gigi is the only one of Yo's 3 who doesn't have Lyme Brain. Most successful kid out of 3. Gigi is not like Bella, who blew 2x the legal limit - and Yo blamed it on LD.

What's Anwar doing wrong? Other than not being model material to anyone who isn't his mother?

I don't not believe that CLD is a real thing, and I hope you get some relief Amisi. I really do. I can't imagine.

I just don't believe that has ever been the crux of Yo's issues - and I'd rather be right than wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV