Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 10:50 AM

806 posts, read 950,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Well, I just had to ask. So are you implying that you DO watch because you HAVE met these people face to face to verify what you watch?
So not only clueless but confused too.

Honey, YOU'RE the one who said I can't judge Yolanda based on what I have seen of her unless I know her personally. If that's how you really feel, why would you continue is to watch the show since you will never personally know these women yourself? Why waste your time watcing a big fat lie of a show that you will never verify whether these women or their lives are real is what I am saying.

Do you get it now or do I have to speak slowly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 10:54 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,709,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acercode View Post
Honey, I wouldn't ask you for directions to AZ.

So clueless.
Acer, you're the one that appears to be clueless.

Anybody who has a chronic illness (I do), can tell you it's all about the Spoon Theory. If you enjoy good health, count your blessings.

But You Dont Look Sick? support for those with invisible illness or chronic illness The Spoon Theory written by Christine Miserandino - But You Dont Look Sick? support for those with invisible illness or chronic illness

Old 12-02-2015, 11:03 AM

806 posts, read 950,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
From Yolanda's blog on Bravo:

I could look at tonight’s episode with mixed emotions, but I’ve grown apart from looking at what’s NOT…I am blessed to have a voice and a platform that can bring awareness to not only my disease but to the most profound lesson of it all, which is to lead a life with compassion, kindness, and without judgment, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.

One day soon I hope to have the ability to write about uncovering the mystery of this chronic disease and share with you the true depth of my story, but until then I am just a housewife on a mission with laser focus on one thing and one thing only...my health! I have faith that God often uses our deepest pain as the launching pad of our greatest calling.

I think she was brave to show us the "reality" of what she is going through. Her story may be the only real reality of the season.
Boo F'n Hoo.

All you need to know about her compassion and kindness is watch her from 2 seasons ago. I'm guessing David, Brandi and Lisa are no longer part of her "Dream Team."

LOL!

Old 12-02-2015, 11:12 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,484,508 times
Quote:
Boo F'n Hoo.

All you need to know about her compassion and kindness is watch her from 2 seasons ago. I'm guessing David, Brandi and Lisa are no longer part of her "Dream Team."

LOL!
I'm confused as to why you think she's evil. What did she do exactly?

Old 12-02-2015, 01:08 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,378,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
Why does that not surprise me. I never did like that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Really sad about the divorce. So much for "in sickness and health"! David strikes me as not the dependable type when life gets thought. Think what you will about Yolanda but it was always clear that she adored that man.
I agree. I do wonder if depression could be exacerbating the symptoms of her illness. That does happen, you know. Perhaps we will see an improvement. I'm not saying I do - but Lime Disease is like one of those Chronic Fatigue diagnoses that a lot of doctors don't buy into and it's hard to get treatment. I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue, Epstein Barr; I had terrible headaches and neck pain. It finally worked itself out and looking back, I'm sure that my stress level at the time played a role in making me physically ill and exhausted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I enjoyed last night's episode too. I really liked that Lisa R's child wanted a car so she told her to go get a job and she did I also like how she can make fun of herself.

Yolanda looked horrible. Prayers and good thoughts for her recovery. I wonder if she has really moved into the condo to be away from David rather than it's close proximity to her doctors?
I wonder too. Yolanda could have looked better with make-up but sometimes people need to see you looking as bad as you feel.

I like Kim's ability to make fun of herself too. I DON"T like that last season she said she doesn't get to see her aging parents often . . while she does have time to hit the French Riveria and whereever else she mentioned last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I'm confused as to why you think she's evil. What did she do exactly?
Yeah. I don't get that either. I thought she was a witch to Lisa's husband (was that last season) but then ALL the women had their moments.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:43 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,721,002 times
Quote:
And what's with Yolanda showing up at the B-day party without any makeup on? Lyme disease prevents you from wearing makeup? Of course not, its just Yolanda trying to make herself out to be a martyr to garner public sympathy. No wonder her husband left her and soon her children will too.

you are a real Debbie downer. Are you Brandi???????

we have always gotten along on this thread even when we disagreed-nicely. You however are acting in a way you are yelling that Yo acts. Let's play nicely

Old 12-02-2015, 03:02 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,959,568 times
Quote:
And what's with Yolanda showing up at the B-day party without any makeup on? Lyme disease prevents you from wearing makeup? Of course not, its just Yolanda trying to make herself out to be a martyr to garner public sympathy. No wonder her husband left her and soon her children will too.
What's wrong with her not wearing makeup when she is not feeling well??? Your whole statement was uncalled for!

Old 12-02-2015, 10:34 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,416,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
What's wrong with her not wearing makeup when she is not feeling well??? Your whole statement was uncalled for!
No kidding. She's ill, she's tired, and she's probably depressed to boot. Talk about ugliness, and I'm not talking about Yo!

Old 12-02-2015, 11:23 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,416,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
you are a real Debbie downer. Are you Brandi???????

we have always gotten along on this thread even when we disagreed-nicely. You however are acting in a way you are yelling that Yo acts. Let's play nicely
Can't rep you again, Pips! Happy Holidays.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:06 AM

13,674 posts, read 8,939,242 times
At the beginning of the episode, while Bravo was showing brief clips of what to expect during the season, there is a brief scene where one of the housewives (I forget whom) mentions that perhaps Yolanda has Munchausen's Syndrome: a mental disorder in which a person attempts to gain attention from others by declaring themselves ill. In such cases, the person may even undergo numerous medical procedures, including surgery, to 'prove' they are ill.

Of course, Yolanda says she has Lyme disease, a bacterial disease (transmitted by a particular species of ticks) that can be diagnosed via special tests (which themselves may be inaccurate). One of the bests tests (surely done in her case) is by a spinal tap.

Even if her various doctors have proclaimed that she has Lyme disease, such can trigger Munchausen's syndrome, particularly in a person experiencing significant emotional stress. I would deem it possible in Yolanda's case.

I follow her on Twitter, and she does have a habit of posting photos of herself undergoing various medical procedures (in various countries), and speaking of how strong one must be in her situation. One of the introductory clips on this first episode even mentions her speaking of having all of her teeth pulled (unclear whether she did or did not).

Now, Yolanda does appear to be subject to a lot of stress. I imagine that one source would be her husband, who seemed to spend a lot of time away from home. Another is her aging mother (I noted that Yolanda seemed to do very well last season when she flew to Holland to visit her mother). Another source may well be her two daughters leaving the house and doing modeling all over the world (both her missing her daughters, and perhaps being envious that her daughters are getting a lot of attention, while she has aged and no longer commands such attention).

I think that Munchausen's is at least a possibility. We certainly have the incessant seeking of attention via medical procedures, and even her appearing at Lisa's birthday dinner without make-up may be a way of her saying "Look at how ill I am".

Of course, she may be one of those people that has a particularly virulent form of Lyme's disease. All things are possible. But it is food for thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV