Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 03:21 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,202,023 times

Advertisements

I'm on episode 8, and really like Shades of Blue. Jennifer Lopez is a good actress. She has such diverse talents, and is good at everything she does. Her character, Harlee, has a complexity that not just any actress would be able to master. All in all, all of the acting on the show is good. I'm uncomfortable with the corruption story line...can't quite figure out the dynamic between Wozniak and his team...he's like a "crime boss". He has an odd way of looking at life, sometimes he does such good things for people (with other people's money) and other times he's just downright scary-awful. Guess that's still a sociopath any way you look at it, even if he is helping Harlee's daughter. As many have said here on CDF, there are just s-o-o many cop shows, and a show has to be really, really good to make it. Don't see how this show can run for multiple years unless they continue with some super-duper plot lines, once the FBI plot line is finished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 04:51 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,222 times
It's getting to be too much for me, turned it off after 15 minutes last week. Don't know if I can watch it anymore.

Old 03-23-2016, 01:25 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
I'm on episode 8, and really like Shades of Blue.
Jennifer Lopez is a good actress.
Because of this show I got 'Lili and Eve' from Netflix...with Viola Davis...also.
That JL is a great actress!

Old 03-17-2017, 04:25 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,723,638 times
I know the thread hasnt been active with season 2 starting but 2 episodes in it has already been renewed for season 3

Old 03-17-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I know the thread hasnt been active with season 2 starting but 2 episodes in it has already been renewed for season 3
Good news!

Old 03-18-2017, 11:55 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,890,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Is it just me or is network TV getting dirtier and dirtier?

Good show, but it'd be just as good without all the oral....
You're not kidding, "dirtier and dirtier."

Old 03-19-2017, 02:07 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,655,620 times
I missed when it came back! Has it been pretty good so far? I was wondering what they were going to do with the show since it looked like it could have ended after Season 1 if they didnt want to bring it back...

Old 03-19-2017, 02:53 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I missed when it came back! Has it been pretty good so far? I was wondering what they were going to do with the show since it looked like it could have ended after Season 1 if they didnt want to bring it back...
You can either watch the episodes On Demand or on the NBC website.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:54 AM

Damn, it was good last night...Ray Liotta raises the mark for everyone.
J Lopez is being interviewed this morning on 'Kelly'...can't wait to hear what she has to say about him.
Oooo, that cousin made me mad in the convenience store...no spoilers.
Searching for Miquel is a nice twist.

Trivia:
Also, commenting on every 7 minutes there was a commercial.
(I'm playing with a new easy timer I have)...and they all lasted 3 minutes.
'Time after Time' was every 4 freaking minutes... for 3 minutes! Huge difference.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:45 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,202,023 times
JLo had a lot of input into this series. It's her baby. She's an executive producer. Have always liked her as an actress, she's good. This series is a bit challenging for me due to the subject matter - the violence, the dishonesty and corruption, but I think it's probably very realistic -- given the plot. Her relationship with her daughter is complicated, to say the least. I think she tries to do what is right, but then the plot thickens and she must make a different choice - different from her last choice. Not saying I approve of everything that's in this series. Like movies/tv shows that make me think about the opposite side of what I would usually watch. Boy, she just keeps digging herself in deeper, and not in a good way. But it will be interesting to see what happens. All in all, a very well done series, IMO. Streaming from the NBC website. So far, it's free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV