Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 08:17 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,343 times

Advertisements

Phillip Phillips. When he did his first performance of "Home" I had shivers and was simply in awe. Best winning single to ever be released by the show and I still listen to him. I also follow Paul McDonald still, his version of Rocket Man is one of my favorites. I thought he was incredibly underrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 06:55 AM

5,518 posts, read 7,107,963 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXsXZB9PpyY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQo30fSEZf8

Old 12-20-2015, 01:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
I love the success of Idols and dreams made of those who didn't win or has better notability by adding this show to their portfolio.
The business is even tougher than it was 15 years ago. Part of it was five years later mp3 players became popular so CD sales dwindled, and radio stations got bought and franchise out by bigger entertainment like I-HeartRadio, Clear One, or other broadcast companies.
It hard for these Idols to compete when stations rather play known artists or top 10 artists.

I agree with the assessment on Adam Lambert and he has true talent that is growing. I had his first CD, thought it was rather slow, but he was releasing his work he had prior to Idol on that album.

I bought Kris Allen 'Heartless album as 'Live Like we''re Dying had a special meaning to me with a struggle I was dealing with in 2009. I saw him perform in this small auditorium in a small city a couple Winter ago.
Wasn't sure if would happen as snowed here in NC but lucky not as heavy as it was predicted.
I love that album as about every song is easy to learn lyrics too and Red Guitar is just weird lol.
His performance was about a month after his car crash so his arm was still in a cast but he improvised or his team did.

Maybe Phillip Phillips will be performing solo and small venues and see him but I ponder if he will be just a one hit wonder.
I also own Colton Dixon 'Messager' album as "You Are' is a wonderfully positive message song. It's spiritual without being religious and so glad he stuck to his roots even though it may lose him vote when he did that song that wasn't him.
He also I wouldn't mind seeing if he performs alone or small venue.
I think he really smart and knows how to do his online marketing as I'm seeing sponsored ads on social media all the time.
I also think 'More of You' is a good song, but he put too much eyeliner on in the video of that song.

Kelly Clarkson is the Queen of Idol and she continues to amaze me and I regret not buying every album of hers to create a collection.
Besides her incredible voice, the songs she releases are amazing and so well thought out. Trying to remember every lyric of whatever song of hers is deep and long before each chorus, simply amazing.
I also get a kick out today when she does 'Covers' of an artist it is often better than the original.
She also has time for family and soon expecting twins.
Best about Kelly she still seems so down to earth and communicates with her fans and is hilarious.

With people today verses 15 years ago can just buy one song it tougher for any of these Idols

Since it is the week of Christmas what are yall favorite contestants Christmas songs? You can share a video but try to keep it one per post so other members can scroll easy in this thread.

Scotty McCreery is still young and has a very big career still ahead of him. I love his Christmas album

Here is one of the songs from it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnqfiAVMoG4

Old 12-21-2015, 11:29 AM

I saw that AI is going to be four weeks shorter this season and it was stated it should have been done earlier to keep viewer interest.

I follow quite a few who didn't win, even follow some who didn't even make it to Hollywood.
I really felt the show became so scripted that Nigel wanted certain contestants as quite a few really good contestants got cut way too early.
I really like Johnny Keyser voice and he sent me an autograph copy of his first album 'Where I Stand' He and Amber Caparas another AI contestant of 2012 do awesome duets like 'Selah and 'King of Leons' which is so beautiful.

Others I keep up with on social media are Sam Woolf, Candice Gover who just performed at Half Time show for Carolina Panthers last week. Lazaro, Matheus Max, Paul Jolley, Alexander Rybak and I have Jax and Clark Beckman on my FB page but haven't kept up.

Here one of AI gems singing a beautiful Christmas classic. She is so beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLhL0UQwJ8E

Old 01-06-2016, 06:16 PM

Fifteen years is an impressive run. Star Search ran for 12. I like how this show makes it a family event down to the auditions.

Tonight premiere episode is no different. I always enjoy the back stories

Old 01-07-2016, 03:06 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,688,085 times
Star Search was sooooo cheesy. Did that show ever produce any successful recording artists?

Old 01-07-2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
Star Search was sooooo cheesy. Did that show ever produce any successful recording artists?
Lee-Ann Rimes was 8 on SS, Alanis Morrisette was 14 on SS, Britney Spears she was 8 on SS, and Christina Aquilera
Justin Timberlake was on it but performed under his real name Justin Randall

Of course, we have Ryan Secrest the new so to speak Ed McMahon but more like Dick Clark.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:20 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,356,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Maybe Phillip Phillips will be performing solo and small venues and see him but I ponder if he will be just a one hit wonder.
I've heard three songs of his on the radio. Home, Raging Fire and Gone, Gone, Gone. Home & GGG I actually heard played a lot. I do like his sound so I hope he does release more---but he seemed to always want to do this own thing anyway.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:38 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Some very funny parts last night.
The one I'm watching?
The Indian girl that lives on Martha's' Vineyard..parents came here from
India when they were just kids.
She came to Denver for the audition...brown/black haired beauty.
Wowsa....if you missed it they were blown away...she is a natural.
Harry said he was completely engaged...would just go to just to hear her sing.
I got teary it was such a sweet love song...she is the real deal.
Anyone catch her name? Found it Sonika Vaid.

How about the white girl that lost 150 pounds to audition!
Jen said she sings like a big girl...she does.
Like a black gospel singer, imo....wow!

I say pick love songs and blow people away with your voice and depth of emotion.
That would be my 'secret formula'.

I will get their names later in the show.

Found a youtube of Sonika
so you can get an idea of the actual audition and comments.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...ch-bb8~firefox

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 01-07-2016 at 09:04 AM..

Old 01-07-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Some very funny parts last night.
The one I'm watching?
The Indian girl that lives on Martha's' Vineyard..parents came here from
India when they were just kids.
She came to Denver for the audition...brown/black haired beauty.
Wowsa....if you missed it they were blown away...she is a natural.
Harry said he was completely engaged...would just go to just to hear her sing.
I got teary it was such a sweet love song...she is the real deal.
Does anyone catch her name? Found it Sonika Vaid.

How about the white girl that lost 150 pounds to audition!
Jen said she sings like a big girl...she does.
Like a black gospel singer, imo....wow!

I say pick love songs and blow people away with your voice and depth of emotion.
That would be my 'secret formula'.

I will get their names later in the show.

Found a youtube of Sonika
so you can get an idea of the actual audition and comments.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...ch-bb8~firefox
She does have a lot of talent. Thanks for explaining the loss weight, I must have missed her stating such and was perplex when J-Lo kept saying she sings like a big girl. I was thinking what an odd compliment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV