Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2016, 08:27 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,077,765 times

Advertisements

I am trying to figure out Joe's game play.

He really is in great shape for his age and yet he is the first one to take himself out of challenges. I get that he may not last long enough to win them but he doesn't even seem to be trying.

Is he that confident that he won't be voted out that he feels he doesn't have to worry? Or, is he disgusted with the all that is going on within the tribe and hopes they vote him off because he wants to go home?

Want do you think is his strategy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 08:33 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,615,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
Want do you think is his strategy?
None.

He comes off as too loyal and nice of a guy to pull off a move ore blindside of any sort. That has a good shot of getting him to the end but almost no shot of winning the game. His only hope is a final three of Jason and Michelle/Julia.

He's pretty safe in the game. He will only receive votes if the other alliance is concerned about an idol play.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:44 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
Mark the Chicken has his own Twitter account. https://twitter.com/survivormarkchk

He only follows one, Tai.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:38 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,859,987 times
Tai shaking his head no was classic. The look on Scot's face was hilarious. *shakeshead* hahaha I honestly didn't see that coming. At the time I was counting the votes in my head and thinking, wait, that's a tie for Tai - he can't give up the idol. Clearly Scot didn't realize that in the moment. So he actually has a good excuse to pawn off on Jason though I guess it's moot now. Anyhoo, Tai's been playing the game hard from day one and I do wonder if that's going to catch up with him. Yes he has options with idols and votes but he's still an enormous target and potential winner. Fun one.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:50 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Go to the Survivor CBS website and watch it.

After the challenge, it would have been enough for anyone else that Cydney didn't win. Not Scott. He expressed great pleasure over the fact that Cydney also didn't eat. He's a sick guy.

Let's not forget that in addition to his idol, Tai also has that Extra Vote. It can be played up until five players. If he's smart, he'll tell nobody about it.

Jason also has an idol?
I also noticed that when Aubrey failed he had a little smirk on his face. The camera panned to him just a little bit for a second but it was there. I thought what a poor sport he was.

Way back on this thread I stated I thought Aubry was playing hard and was the one to watch. Someone said they thought she was coasting and would believe it when they saw it. Well, now we are seeing it. I am for Aubrey all the way. She came from the lowest low to the best strategizing. I don't know if she will win but she is really playing the game and I love watching her week to week.

As for Scott and this goes for his bully buddy Jason and all the others of their kind before them, the smugger they are, the harder they fall.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:54 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,349 times
I loved Tai's move to not give up his idol to save Scott, I was actually worried he might change his mind and give it up.

I laughed when Scott finally got up to burn out his torch!!!

Old 04-21-2016, 10:03 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,263,045 times
This season has had a lot of arrogant, smug players who were too comfortable because they thought they were running the game but got voted out just because of that attitude. First it was Liz and Peter, then Nick, then to a large part Debbie, and finally Scot. I hope Jason is next.

Aubry is very much in charge, but she isn't flaunting it and making others mad by ordering them around.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:08 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
First time I have woken up and Survivor was first thing on my mind! Still smiling ear to ear about last night's TC.
I know what you mean. I'm still thinking about last night's epic blindside. I watched it a few times on my DVR, enjoying every second of it. I wouldn't even call myself a Survivor fan, I started watching this season half-way through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Tai finally realized that Scott and Jason were the Jocks, and Tai was just the guy that the Jocks make feel like he is part of the group, but in reality is just the nerd they keep around to do their homework for them.
This is the perfect way to describe Tai's non-relationship with the bully Alpha males. They surely would've voted him out at some point, he must have known that. Tai knew he had to strike first.

Aubrey is a fierce competitor, and likely one of Survivor's shrewdest players.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:32 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I'm so confused. I'm pretty sure Scot handed it back to Jason at the very beginning of the show.

With so many idols this season it's hard to keep track. Doesn't Tai have the ONLY idol that can be used as a super idol when combined with a regular idol? If so, Jason's idol (if he has one) wouldn't have saved Scott last night. After the votes were read, Scott kept looking to Jason to do something.
TAI handed the HII back to Jason at the beginning of the show. There are 3 HIIs that we know of now. The dude who was medvaced had the 3rd. SCOT had Jason's HII so Scot wanted Tai's to make the Super Idol. LMAO. Priceless.

Unconfused now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I know what you mean. I'm still thinking about last night's epic blindside. I watched it a few times on my DVR, enjoying every second of it. I wouldn't even call myself a Survivor fan, I started watching this season half-way through.

This is the perfect way to describe Tai's non-relationship with the bully Alpha males. They surely would've voted him out at some point, he must have known that. Tai knew he had to strike first.

Aubrey is a fierce competitor, and likely one of Survivor's shrewdest players.
Tai May not have known it for sure but Scot confirmed their plan to cut Tai out after he was no longer useful. I am so glad Tai went with his gut.

Aubry is doing great. I would like to see her or Cydney win but last night makes me side with Aubry more. She has done some excellent strategizing.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:39 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,457,035 times
I'm going to take a guess that the last of the three medevacs will be Joe. My only basis for that is how zonked he seems most of the time. I have joints as old as Joe's and I know how easy it is for me to injure myself.

I did some reading about Scot and was surprised to learn he was an alum of Kamiakin High, in Kennewick. I lived in Kennewick for seventeen years; my baseball team used to practice on Kamiakin's freshman field. Evidently he graduated about four years before we moved there. And I don't pay much attention to basketball, unless KU makes it deep in the tournament; surprised to find out that, like my dad and cousin, Scot's a Jayhawk. Doesn't make me like his gameplay any better, though.

Last edited by j_k_k; 04-21-2016 at 10:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV