Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2016, 08:49 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
If Tai would have stuck with them, he'd have been next up on the chopping block. Jason and Scot said as much in last night's episode.

Tai probably has a target on his back no matter what, but I think he fairs a much better chance with Aubry's group.
I think he could have gotten at least one more week before they blindsided them since they were dependent on the super idol power which was only possible with Tai. BUT, better a tribal early than a tribal late. Ideally for Tai he should have ousted Aubry this week and Jason next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 12:39 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
It's good to see I'm not the only confused by all the immunity idols floating around. It's quite silly that so many are in one game...and that they become more powerful when connected. Stupid.

I'd like to see them go back to playing an idol-less season of Survivor. Can the players do it? Can they actually Outlast, Outplay and Outwit their teammates without the HII crutches? They are so dependent on them. That's all they talk about anymore.
I don't know about an Idol-less season, but maybe re-work it a little. They had one or two seasons where the idol would have to be played before the votes are cast, which would have the same effect an individual immunity necklace. Might be interesting to see it go back to that....

Old 04-22-2016, 12:45 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
As I've said before, I too wish they'd get rid of the idols. The fact that there are so many of them that the audience can't keep track, should be a clue. I know Jeff likes to throw these tweaks into the game like Redemption Island, special idols and what-not to see how it will influence the gameplay, but it's too complicated. The fact that people can be sitting there with two idols in their pocket while someone else has another -- it's just too much. Jeff needs to pay attention to what WE want, not what HE wants. He was just insistent on the Redemption Island format, even though nobody liked it and it didn't make a darn bit of difference at the end. Yes, keep the game fresh by doing new tribe concepts and such, but not zillions of idols.

To whoever said Aubry looks Middle-Eastern -- she is Italian. Her backstory on the CBS website says she considers herself an excellent people-observer. I liked the way she said to Tai something like, "What would be better for YOU?". I don't get why people like Scot, Jason and Nick etc. don't learn from past seasons that it's NEVER good to be smug and to act like you're running the town.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
But it would have left Scot vulnerable so I don't see why it should have been done.
No it wouldn't have. The Super Idol, which is two regular idols put together, can be played after the vote, and it can be played for anyone, by anyone. Last week, Jason gave his idol to Tai so that he could play the Super Idol for whoever got voted out. So if Scott got the most votes, the plan was for Tai to play the Super Idol for him. Same if Jason got voted out. Same if Tai got voted out....

It just so happens they didn't need to play it, because the girls alliance took Debbie out instead of one of the boys, so at the start of this week, Tai gave Jason back his Idol. Then, before this week's tribal, Jason, who won the immunity challenge, gave his idol to Scott, wherein the plan was for Tai and Scott to combine their idols and play them for which ever of the two got voted out. Didn't work out though because Tai flipped and joined the girls.
Quote:
So you are suggesting the three strongest players go to a final 4? That would be great for Tai. But why would Aubry and Cydny want to do that?
True. I'm just saying that's one possibility.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 04-22-2016 at 12:58 AM..

Old 04-22-2016, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
As I've said before, I too wish they'd get rid of the idols. The fact that there are so many of them that the audience can't keep track, should be a clue. I know Jeff likes to throw these tweaks into the game like Redemption Island, special idols and what-not to see how it will influence the gameplay, but it's too complicated. The fact that people can be sitting there with two idols in their pocket while someone else has another -- it's just too much. Jeff needs to pay attention to what WE want, not what HE wants. He was just insistent on the Redemption Island format, even though nobody liked it and it didn't make a darn bit of difference at the end. Yes, keep the game fresh by doing new tribe concepts and such, but not zillions of idols.
It's really not all that complicated. I often wonder if some of the people commenting on here are actually watching the show, or maybe they just have it playing in the background while they read a book or something. I don't feel like any of us who are paying close attention are confused at all.

And, this is like, what? Season 33? I think Jeff and the other producers must be doing something right for the show to be this successful.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:32 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
What is up with these people leaving the game and not handing the idol to someone on the way out? Why Scott didn't give that to Jason as he was leaving is beyond my comprehension. Are they not allowed to?
Quote:
My thinking is it must not be allowed. I mean, even if you can't do it without other seeing, it would have still benefited Jason to have the idol, so why not? But maybe it's not aloud because I don't recall ever seeing it.
It's been confirmed that once their names are read, they are not allowed to hand the idols over to someone else to prevent carrying them out of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I find Aubry sort of hot in a geek attractiveness sort of way. Smart, tough, lose some weight around the mid-section, yeah, yeah....
I must admit, she's hot!
There...I said it!
I agree. I find Aubry strangely attractive, too. Certainly someone I would be interested in getting to know if was still single and ran into her.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:43 AM

Man, I really think Tai just lost the game for himself. I think strategically it was a really bad move on his part to flip. He was a major challenge threat. He had a hidden immunity idol and a voting advantage. Now he has Scot, Jason, and possibly Julia pissed at him. No way would any of them vote for him to win. They aren't mad at Aubry. All their anger will be at Tai. Tai was in a great place. Yeah, the guys talked about blindsiding him. But he had an immunity idol and a voting advantage. Plus he's won challenges.

That said, I think Aubry just sealed it. I don't really see any way she doesn't win this game, based on the edit of the season, who's in the jury, and who's left in the game. I think Joe is a great person to take to the final 3. And now Tai might be a good option, too. If it is those three, I think Neal votes Aubry, Jason and Scot vote Aubry. I think Debbie votes Aubry. Julia may vote Aubry. Depending on how Cydney gets sent to the jury, she may vote Aubry. That's if it's a final 3. I think there's still a decent chance based on the fact that we're looking at 4 people left going into the final episode, that there may be a final 2 this season. We last saw that in the last Brains Brawn Beauty season. Then there's how Aubry treated Tai. She was perfect to him, letting him know what a big move it would be. Making him believe he was completely in control. Then at Tribal Council, she really stroke the ego of Jason and Scot, which is exactly what those two guys want. She really knows how to play this game. And I said it 2 or 3 weeks ago on here. Aubry is going to win.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Now he has Scot, Jason, and possibly Julia pissed at him. No way would any of them vote for him to win. They aren't mad at Aubry. All their anger will be at Tai.
I mostly disagree. Time and time again, unless you are a true horses arse (Russell Hantz for proof), players are often forgiven for big blindsides and moves because the other players respect the big move. And Scot and Jason both know they were going to blindside Tai eventually, so I don't think they will see it as a big deal at the final tribal. They will see it as a great move. Players like that get rewarded.

Now as I have said a couple times already, the best move for Tai would have been to wait a week. Get Aubry out of the way at the last tribal and Jason out the next.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
No it wouldn't have. The Super Idol, which is two regular idols put together, can be played after the vote, and it can be played for anyone, by anyone. Last week, Jason gave his idol to Tai so that he could play the Super Idol for whoever got voted out. So if Scott got the most votes, the plan was for Tai to play the Super Idol for him. Same if Jason got voted out. Same if Tai got voted out....
But why put all your faith in Tai at that point. To make him feel secure in the alliance? I guess, but I don't think that ever crossed Scot or Jason's mind. They were to blinded by their arrogance. I don't think it would have changed anything anyway other than Tai walking away with two idols and Scot walking home.

As you say, one possibility of many, but probably not the right one.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
I mostly disagree. Time and time again, unless you are a true horses arse (Russell Hantz for proof), players are often forgiven for big blindsides and moves because the other players respect the big move. And Scot and Jason both know they were going to blindside Tai eventually, so I don't think they will see it as a big deal at the final tribal. They will see it as a great move. Players like that get rewarded.

Now as I have said a couple times already, the best move for Tai would have been to wait a week. Get Aubry out of the way at the last tribal and Jason out the next.
But we've seen how they acted out against Aubry, Joe, Cydney, etc. And they weren't even in their alliance. They just voted out Nick who was loosely in Jason and Scot's alliance. And they're still completely pissed at Cydney who defected from their alliance. We've seen in the previews for next week that Jason wants revenge. I think it's all aimed at Tai. I think they will give Aubry credit for pulling Tai in and saving herself. I don't think they vote for Tai to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV