Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2016, 09:00 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
An excellent documentary. I went in knowing nothing about the case. Very disturbing and the case was obviously mishandled. The interrogation of Dassey without counsel was infuriating.
I think Steven Avery is absolutely guilty of this crime. I think he is a complete sociopath. But the fact that Dassey received 42 years minimum in prison for his illegal testimony with absolutely no physical evidence that backs his story is beyond frightening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 06:44 AM

653 posts, read 783,076 times
I've watched parts of this documentary with my wife, and I'm not entirely sure about SA's innocence or him being guilty. Especially now that I hear there was evidence left off the documentary that would suggest he is guilty. But going off of this documentary, there's not enough there to convince me entirely that he is guilty. Based on this documentary, the authorities' actions are very suspicious.

As for Dassey, I feel for that kid... Anyone can see in the videos that this kid was not a "normal" young man. His mental capacity is clearly lacking and he needed more guidance during this process. Len Kachinsky should be ashamed of himself and disbarred. I feel for this young man...

Old 01-12-2016, 08:05 AM

3,165 posts, read 1,155,635 times
how is it that SA was found guilty of murder and not guilty of mutilating a corpse, and Dassey was guilty of mutilating the corpse?

I know we are missing alot, but are they saying Brenden to the body to the fire and burned it?

Old 01-12-2016, 09:40 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times
They were convicted on different crimes, Dassey was convicted of rape - SA was not. SA was convicted of killing her alone in a garage with a single gunshot. Dassey was convicted of killing her in the bedroom with SA using a knife and gun. SA was not convicted of dismembering a corpse yet Dassey was. It's a hot mess that demands a retrial. Two different methods could not have taken place. Two different locations could not have happened. The 'evidence' not shown in the documentary wasn't particularly compelling. No smoking guns. Clearly evidence was manufactured to point to SA. Even the jury was 7-2-3 not guilty at first. It's clear nothing is as it appears in this case. I personally think SA did do it but the DA failed to figured out the how, why, or where.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:15 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Police "moved her body?" Her body was burned in that fire pit, as testified to by the forensic anthropologist. The testimony is that was the place they determined her body was likely burned.

In a massive coincidence, Avery just so happened to start a bonfire in that very pit within 2 or 3 hours of TH last being seen alive. He kept that fire going for many hours into the night, added fuel, tires and other materials. According to Brendan the nephew, Avery used a shovel to further break down her charred bones and even attempted to spread some of them elsewhere.
I'll have to go back and watch. But to me the testimony of the forensic scientist was very dubious. I thought he concluded that she had been burned elsewhere and been moved. Avery burned stuff there all the time. The police or someone else could have moved her to his oft used fire pit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But you could argue that the key that they found was a single car key on a key fob--not many people just carry one car key on a keychain. Most people have their house keys and mailbox keys or whatever all together. So then, where are the rest of Teresa's keys?
good point. Maybe the cops just went and got her spare key from her roomate.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:28 PM

18,082 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Until her remains were found, sent to a lab, and then DNA tested, how would they know those remains were TH? A forensic anthropologist (at least one) was called to the scene. A rather large and aggressive german shephard was 'guarding' that fire pit area. That dog belonged to the Avery family. There's a picture of that dog standing on top of the pile.

There were animal remains/charred bones found in other places -- the anthropologist was able to distinguish animal from human, but not the police.

So tell me again exactly how the cops got a hold of TH's corpse and burned it or her charred corpse and, knowing it was her, moved it so that a piece of every single part of her was found in that fire pit? The anthropologist testified that a part of every bone of TH was in that fire pit. The anthropologist opined TH was burned in the fire pit.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:19 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,934,927 times
I'm on episode 6 but have read this entire thread so I know how it "ends". How could her throat have been slit in the bedroom and then she was relocated to the garage and shot yet there wasn't a huge blood bath everywhere? None of it makes any sense. I'll keep watching, but the young boy, his mother and his pitifully sad story is breaking my heart.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:07 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Ok we're up to episode 7 so I will not read this thread but it pisses me off totally and that whole town should be sued off this planet

Old 01-12-2016, 06:47 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Until her remains were found, sent to a lab, and then DNA tested, how would they know those remains were TH? A forensic anthropologist (at least one) was called to the scene. A rather large and aggressive german shephard was 'guarding' that fire pit area. That dog belonged to the Avery family. There's a picture of that dog standing on top of the pile.

There were animal remains/charred bones found in other places -- the anthropologist was able to distinguish animal from human, but not the police.

So tell me again exactly how the cops got a hold of TH's corpse and burned it or her charred corpse and, knowing it was her, moved it so that a piece of every single part of her was found in that fire pit? The anthropologist testified that a part of every bone of TH was in that fire pit. The anthropologist opined TH was burned in the fire pit.
Was that in the documentary? I recall they only found some of her bones?

Old 01-12-2016, 06:51 PM

18,082 posts, read 15,670,593 times
I don't recall now I've read so many things in addition to binge watching the documentary. It was probably in some Dossey trial transcripts I read a couple days ago. But they found many of her bones... not whole entire bones per se, but pieces they were able to identify what part of the skeleton it belonged to and each part of the skeleton had at least 1 piece that was found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV