Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 07:49 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Ok but I think when asked to another cop how nobody else had seen it before...I thought the cop testified it had been under something (I thought shoe)...I guess I misunderstood!
With all the lying going on it's hard to keep track.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 09:05 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
I just finished this series and it reminds of the OJ case. The police went out of their way to frame the guilty party. It's really dumb. But the courts, wow, talk about kangaroo courts. It's disgraceful what was allowed to go on. I find it shocking Brenden has never gotten a retrial. Justice seems to be blind here but in the wrong way. Avery probably deserves another trial as well. The entire thing is a mess.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:12 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
The biggest "shaking my head moment" for me was one of Brendan's interrogations, in which the police wanted Brendan to say he had shot Teresa in the head. They had, by that time, convinced Brendan that if he gave them the answers they wanted, everything would be ok for him (he even thought he'd be back in school to turn in his project in 6th period!)

The police kept asking Brendan, "What did you do to Teresa's head?"
And Brendan guessed, "Uhhhh, I cut her hair....?"
"No, come on Brendan, be honest with us! What did you do to Teresa's head?!"
"Uhhhh, I punched her....?"
etc
Then the police, unable to get the answer they wanted, fed it to Brendan, "Who shot Teresa in the head?"
Knowing he had to say himself or Steven, he said Steven.

(not exact quotes, but as close as I remember)

Poor kid.

I really want to know where all the blood is from the slit throat and the gunshot??? That, to me, is one of the biggest mysteries of the whole case. No one can clean up blood so well that forensic chemicals can't detect it (well, maybe someone can, but not Steven and Brendan).

Old 01-08-2016, 10:35 AM

All that blood from a kill site and from mutilation, yet none was found? His trailer and garage were/are a mess no way that was cleaned to lab standards. Not to mention they convicted 2 different people on different methods and location. How does that even pass the sound test?

Old 01-08-2016, 11:46 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
The biggest "shaking my head moment" for me was one of Brendan's interrogations, in which the police wanted Brendan to say he had shot Teresa in the head. They had, by that time, convinced Brendan that if he gave them the answers they wanted, everything would be ok for him (he even thought he'd be back in school to turn in his project in 6th period!)

The police kept asking Brendan, "What did you do to Teresa's head?"
And Brendan guessed, "Uhhhh, I cut her hair....?"
"No, come on Brendan, be honest with us! What did you do to Teresa's head?!"
"Uhhhh, I punched her....?"
etc
Then the police, unable to get the answer they wanted, fed it to Brendan, "Who shot Teresa in the head?"
Knowing he had to say himself or Steven, he said Steven.

(not exact quotes, but as close as I remember)

Poor kid.

I really want to know where all the blood is from the slit throat and the gunshot??? That, to me, is one of the biggest mysteries of the whole case. No one can clean up blood so well that forensic chemicals can't detect it (well, maybe someone can, but not Steven and Brendan).
Well, isn't that how an interrogation goes? They're not exactly light on the suspect. I don't see anything weird about that line of questioning.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Well, isn't that how an interrogation goes? They're not exactly light on the suspect. I don't see anything weird about that line of questioning.

Having never been interrogated, I'd like to think the police are actually after the truth, instead of tricking the suspect (in this case, a mentally challenged 16 year old boy) into finally uttering whatever words they were after all along.

But that must be my idealism slipping out.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:19 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Having never been interrogated, I'd like to think the police are actually after the truth, instead of tricking the suspect (in this case, a mentally challenged 16 year old boy) into finally uttering whatever words they were after all along.
Plus, he was being questioned without a lawyer or social worker present, which (due to my law degree from Law & Order University) seems hinky.

Old 01-08-2016, 01:22 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I just finished this series and it reminds of the OJ case. The police went out of their way to frame the guilty party. It's really dumb. But the courts, wow, talk about kangaroo courts. It's disgraceful what was allowed to go on. I find it shocking Brenden has never gotten a retrial. Justice seems to be blind here but in the wrong way. Avery probably deserves another trial as well. The entire thing is a mess.
Interesting that you mention the O.J. Simpson case, because there are parallels.

I really don't think the police did anything improper with the Simpson evidence, much as the defense was successful in making it look that way.

One major difference, though, is that Wisconsin has a third-party liability statute that limits the ability of the defense to just make up some imaginary third party as an alternative suspect, which is what the Simpson defense team did. If they had had similar constraints (or a competent state's attorney) things might have come out differently.

Old 01-09-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Plus, he was being questioned without a lawyer or social worker present, which (due to my law degree from Law & Order University) seems hinky.
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that point, which is of huge importance.

(Nice to have someone with a law degree from L&O U chiming in!)

Old 01-09-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
lol Lawl that made me laugh. But yeah, no lawyer is big a no no. That will never ever pass the hunky test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV