Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 06:35 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Carter is this as well, as a headmaster in another school.
Okay, I couldn't remember if he was at a school or the mom's counselor. Maybe we never saw the counselor's face. I still think it was him that told the mom to let her son decide when or if he wanted to prosecute the rape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 06:56 AM

5,518 posts, read 7,109,883 times
I never saw the first season, is there any way to watch on demand or anything?

This show seems great so far.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:46 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,261,881 times
At first I thought Taylor was touched inappropriately or something like that, but now there's evidence that an object or another person was inside of him while he was unconscious. I feel bad for what he's going through.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:49 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Season 1: Regina King was the sister to Carter Nix. She played a converted Muslim as Carter would always call her by her real name not her Muslim name. She was great in that part.
Prety incredible not to remember that!

And I didn't recognize Carter until tonight I was like OH COOL!

Old 01-21-2016, 02:27 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Okay, I couldn't remember if he was at a school or the mom's counselor. Maybe we never saw the counselor's face. I still think it was him that told the mom to let her son decide when or if he wanted to prosecute the rape.
I guess I really should watch episode 2 again, because I missed a lot. I was half asleep when it aired. I saw the guy who played Carter Nix on episode 3, and he was the principal of the public school. I don't even remember why they showed him. I guess I was too busy saying to myself, "He looks so familiar, where have I seen that face?" to pay close attention.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:44 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
So far I am liking this season much better.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:38 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
well I watched the lastest episode and my jaw dropped when the regina kings character told her son about some girls who don't have money . Okay in the first place my mother would have taught me better than to accept a bracelet like that from a boy that I was Just dating . and whoa is she a racists Regina Kings character she thinks they are better than people who don't have money . She sits there and tells her son that he needs to be interested in the girls who come from money . She is kind of a helicopter mom as well looking over her sons receipts from what he spends and I mean she will make him run for the hills when he gets away from her . I think she is too strict in my opinion . and the head master well what can I say , she is conniving and she is a player . The coach , what can I say about the coach and his daughter it is clear to see that they don't have a good relationship . Why are all these parents just now having " the way you act " talk with their kids ? should this not have been done years ago when these kids were in jr high and not in high school . Seems a lil late to be having that discussion . The one young man is clearly gay and afraid to say so to his dad apparently .And his dad having a personal hygiene talk with him now ? jeeze again a lil late dad . I guess what this is pointing out is that some parents don't know how to talk to their kids really .

Old 01-22-2016, 02:37 PM

389 posts, read 422,259 times
Finding it a really interesting series. I didn't watch last season, but may have to find it somewhere.

At first, I was thinking the mom was making bad moves since he hadn't really said he was raped, and he wasn't really sure what happened. It would have been one thing for her to go to the school about the "hazing" and possible drugging, but to bring out rape without real knowledge didn't seem right. It's so hard to know what would be the right thing to do in that situation. How do you not respond and want to make someone be held accountable, but on the other hand was the way she did it it worse on the victim? No matter what, she should have waited for the test results to come back before going to the paper. But as a mom, I can completely relate to her wanting to make someone pay for what happened to her son.

I thought maybe they were going to prolong the, "no real evidence" thing, but the evidence definitely supports the mom going with her gut and putting up a fight.

Old 01-24-2016, 04:33 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,024,232 times
I think most often we only know the story from the accused rapist side about all the things that took place. this show shows the trauma of the victim and the family and what they need to go through just to get someone to listen.

Regina King character is more a classist than a racist. many parents of all color will say the same things to their children. if the children are more independent they would call the parent on it. in this story the boy has no character and does what his parents tell him.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:09 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,261,881 times
I'm looking forward to the next episode! I loved the expression on Leslie's face when she found out about the evidence of rape. She knows the schools reputation is damaged now, and that's all she seems to care about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV