U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 09:07 AM

8,537 posts, read 6,669,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Ep 2 was another perfect hit for me. I LOVE this show!! Fantastic mix of humour, sex, police procedural, a Devil, a sex-starved therapist and women melting at the handsome devil! I hope the ratings are good. I so want this to succeed. And I LOVE the ex-husband detective who played on The Returned.
I remembered Alejandro from Golden Boy where he played an icky slimy underhanded greaseball detective. So I'm still trying to shake that and get used to him as a decent guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 09:19 AM

20,071 posts, read 13,751,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Ok, this is what I'm saying to my friends....Lucifer!
Gorgeous
Sexual
Sarcastic
Luscious, delicious, enticing,
Oh, yeah....hot and sophisticated.
Pretty much the way he's described in biblical terms. It sounds like they got it/him spot on.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:10 AM

7,325 posts, read 3,751,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
It will be extremely interesting if the TV show actually plays out this free-will/rebellion theme.

I hope the long-range plan is not to turn the series into a sort of Christian morality play...Can the same network that produces Fox News get away with doing a show that offends traditional religious people?
Fox news and Fox entertainment are about as incongruous as a corporation can get (which leads me to believe that Fox News is deeply ingenuous). Hell, no pun intended, Fox airs "Empire,"and the on Bone's the lead character is a raging atheist. No I don't think Fox is going to try to evangelize with Lucifer which by the way as a creation of DC comics.

As for the freewill/ rebellion thing, I think that has been established as the underlying theme. Lucifer isn't going to turn into Gabriel anytime soon not that angels in this universe are anything like the guardians of goodness and light to begin with. These are Old Testament supreme beings, sort like God's enforcers.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:56 PM

280 posts, read 151,606 times
I am liking this too!!

Old 02-04-2016, 11:40 PM

951 posts, read 873,824 times
I was raised Baptist (although no longer a Baptist), so had some reservations about watching this....... all those extreme messages warning me about satan and his power and etc made me a bit hesitant. Well, I must say I loved it! (still feeling a bit weird---wow---can't believe how much those childhood messages seep into us!) I appreciated the interesting reference to the origin of Lucifer (comics). I plan to keep watching because I adore the main character! And thanks so much to Wise Wino for revealing who the lead detective "used to be" (Leslie on Chicago Fire)----that was really, really bugging me, lol! The writing is fun and witty and there are some strong characters so far, so I'm in! (hush, Grandma, it will be okay) LOL!

Old 02-05-2016, 09:20 AM

3,298 posts, read 1,943,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artangel View Post
I appreciated the interesting reference to the origin of Lucifer (comics).
I don't know anything about the comic, so I missed this reference. In any case, I'm curious: Is the TV show roughly following the comic book character/storyline? Or is the TV show just loosely "inspired by" the comic book character? (In which case, even people who have read the comic would have no clue where the TV show will go with this idea.)

Just in general, I'd like to know the similarities and difference between the comic book and the TV show (without having to actually read the comic.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:58 AM

4,669 posts, read 6,742,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Curious to check this out. The main character had a role as the doctor on EastEnders for a bit!! Also heard, those lunatic "Million Moms" or whatever are boycotting Olive Garden ( of all things.. ) for sponsoring this show ~ because the devil eeeevil, lmao. Hilarious..
Yup. The Million Crazy Moms are at it again. I heard they were the reason for the demise of 666 Park Avenue, which I also loved! They better not mess with Lucifer! He's too hot for them to handle.

He's also a Devil in real life, apparently. Even while married (twice) he cavorted around causing his two divorces. He has two daughters by wife #2 and the oldest is from a girlfriend...so, he's no Angel!

One Million Moms want FOX’s ‘Lucifer’ taken off the air – LGBTQ Nation

Old 02-05-2016, 11:34 AM

8,836 posts, read 8,173,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Yup. The Million Crazy Moms are at it again. I heard they were the reason for the demise of 666 Park Avenue, which I also loved! They better not mess with Lucifer! He's too hot for them to handle.

He's also a Devil in real life, apparently. Even while married (twice) he cavorted around causing his two divorces. He has two daughters by wife #2 and the oldest is from a girlfriend...so, he's no Angel!

One Million Moms want FOX’s ‘Lucifer’ taken off the air – LGBTQ Nation
The Christians who protested NYPD Blue when it first came on helped make it a hit. Lucifer premiered in 24th place, and its second week's ratings (2.0/6.00) don't suck for network TV in 2016. Hundreds of Moms may actually be helping the ratings.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:00 PM

3,298 posts, read 1,943,535 times
BTW: I just have to say that I'm annoyed by the incessant "snarky/witty" dialogue. It feels too much like a sitcom, and I stopped watching sitcoms a couple of decades ago for the same reason. Given the premise of the show, it is obviously not going to be a serious or realistic drama series, but I wished they'd lighten up on the snarkienss so that it wouldn't feel so much like a sitcom. (Maybe cut the formula down to about half as many jokes/minute, and use this time to insert more realistic-feeling dialogue).

In any case, I'm intrigued enough by the premise that I suppose I will have to grin and bear it, for a while at least.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:04 PM

7,325 posts, read 3,751,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
BTW: I just have to say that I'm annoyed by the incessant "snarky/witty" dialogue. It feels too much like a sitcom, and I stopped watching sitcoms a couple of decades ago for the same reason. Given the premise of the show, it is obviously not going to be a serious or realistic drama series, but I wished they'd lighten up on the snarkienss so that it wouldn't feel so much like a sitcom. (Maybe cut the formula down to about half as many jokes/minute, and use this time to insert more realistic-feeling dialogue).

In any case, I'm intrigued enough by the premise that I suppose I will have to grin and bear it, for a while at least.
BTW, not being snarky/witty would totally obviate the reason for having a British actor in the lead role! As for a "realistic drama" how does one have a realistic drama about Lucifer unless this were some production of the Christian Broadcast Network?

ON EDIT - A sitcom where the main character shows his, literally, demonic side to the abject terror of those who do evil, not exactly Two Broke Girls or The Big Bang Theory (utterly loath one and love the other, respectively)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV