Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 10:41 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
The police would respond to domestic disturbance calls, find OJ beating Nicole, and leave without even taking a statement from Nicole after getting autographs and high-fives from OJ. That literally happened. And the police stopped responding to calls from Nicole about OJ stalking her, even though the police knew he was violent toward her.

too bad she didn't take the children and move far,far away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 11:15 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
She didn't have sole custody and he had the resources to find her and sue her.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:51 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
She didn't have sole custody and he had the resources to find her and sue her.
Yes, it seems she would not have had a chance. See, here is an example of having sex with another before knowing what they are capable of. (I think it was indicated to have had sex during their first meeting, in the Documentary, running the same time as this show began). And typically, he would act charming to all, despite anything he would do. Eeww. And see what occurs with a volatile, jealous, controlling guy who didn't address his issues. I don't recall if he is thought to be Sociopathic, but appears so.

Old 03-02-2016, 05:03 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,192 times
last episode showed Mark fuhrman as liking the nazi?

Old 03-02-2016, 09:08 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,887 times
I didn't watch all the episodes , the few I saw her close friends ect being interviewed I did notice none of the said anything like .....Nicole was a wonderful person, or she was a great wife and mother , I think one close friend of hers just said Nicole was a good athlete , unless I missed parts she didn't seem very well liked to me, apart from her own family of course .

Old 03-02-2016, 10:47 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
You know if she had gone the other option and shot him while he was beating her, she would have gone to trial and likely lost---gone to prison--and lost custody of her kids...
How times have changed...
And her murder was one factor in making people view spousal/women's abuse differently--but it took time...

Old 03-02-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
last episode showed Mark fuhrman as liking the nazi?
Darden doing the prep asked Fuhrman if he had hobbies, and he told Darden he collected war memorabilia--mainly medals...
The irony is they were Nazi war medals--not US--because he WAS racist...
I think the medal he was looking at when the close came was the Iron Cross

Sarah Paulsen is really doing excellent job--the scene where she tells Darden he drew Fuhrman and everyone at the table knew it was because of the race card was just epic...as was the later scene where Darden refuses to do the cross...
They work really well together...

But the hyprocracy of Cochran lying about the effect of the N word when he refused to allow his daughters to say it --- it must really corrode the soul to be an attorney for people you know are guilty--
This was not about getting a fair trial but about abusing the system to take unfair advantage...
Robert Kardashian should be rolling in his grave...

Old 03-02-2016, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Yes, it seems she would not have had a chance. See, here is an example of having sex with another before knowing what they are capable of. (I think it was indicated to have had sex during their first meeting, in the Documentary, running the same time as this show began). And typically, he would act charming to all, despite anything he would do. Eeww. And see what occurs with a volatile, jealous, controlling guy who didn't address his issues. I don't recall if he is thought to be Sociopathic, but appears so.
The truth is that she was a gold-digger...had no way to support herself except living off his wealth (and her family benefitted from that second hand)...maybe they had great sex but he treated her like crap on his shoe after the new wore off...He expected to be worshipped and that gets old after a while...
I imagine she was willing to trade some abuse/neglect/embarassment because of his fame and wealth, the life he could give her, until it got too oppressive with the jealousy and physical abuse so she divorced him...
But even then from what Faye Resnick said, they would still have that vicious cycle of sex and abuse...

Check out the relationships with so many professional athletes and women---
This is nothing new and it didn't stop with OJ either...
Johnny Manziel is going the same route---he just doesn't have the same charisma or skill set that OJ had and he is likely going to be found guilty of assault and if not go to jail at least get some court ordered therapy which will do little to no good...you have to want to change when you have issues as deep as his...and he doesn't...

Old 03-03-2016, 12:58 AM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Darden doing the prep asked Fuhrman if he had hobbies, and he told Darden he collected war memorabilia--mainly medals...
The irony is they were Nazi war medals--not US--because he WAS racist...
I think the medal he was looking at when the close came was the Iron Cross
And how do you know he just collected Nazi medals? Have you seen his collection? And just because an actor is looking at a medal doesn't make Fuhrman a racist. Many people collect Nazi memorabilia because they like the design. I wouldn't own such a piece myself, but I have friends who do, and they are definitely not Nazis. And for another, the show is just following the media spin. The whole Fuhrman story was a red herring

Old 03-03-2016, 01:19 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
too bad she did not have the means to help herself if it had been me I probably would have gone to the kitchen and got some grits to cooking and pick up the heavest cast iron skillet I owned and it would have been what my grandma used to call southern justice , I kid you not . She always used to tell us that if some man got it in his head to try and beat us for anything make sure we always had boiling water started if they started and then the grits . Hit them with the hot boiling grits and then lay them out with the skillet ..I wish Nicole had thought of this method . She might still be alive and honestly after seeing the pictures of her after taking a beating from OJ I don't think a jury in the world would have convicted her .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV