Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 01:16 PM

443 posts, read 437,878 times

Advertisements

I wish they would kill him off. His character peaked a few seasons ago and has just gotten stale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 02:11 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,959,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a l'ouest View Post
I wish they would kill him off. His character peaked a few seasons ago and has just gotten stale.
I tend to agree with you - he grew from season 1 and into seasons 2 and 3, but he's basically been the same since.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:05 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,541 times
I use to say I would riot if Daryl died....but...frankly the whole show peaked a few seasons ago.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:45 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Daryl was my favorite for quite a while, but all last season I griped about his needing a shower. Now he has a motorcycle show with the same greasy mane? Oh Daryl. It's okay to look like you've been riding and working on your bike on a hot day. Not like you haven't showered in several weeks.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:56 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,959,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I use to say I would riot if Daryl died....but...frankly the whole show peaked a few seasons ago.
I thought season 6, part 2, was excellent until the last two episodes. Then, we got the mess of the season finale (not even counting the frustrating cliffhanger...) The whole premise that Negan's crew would create this hugely extensive and elaborate trap for Rick and company seemed almost silly. Why not just drive over to Alexandria, surround them and say, "we've got 150 armed men and 20 cars and trucks, surrender or die."

But, that makes for a 10 minute episode, with commericials.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:13 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
...the show killed him off? I ask because he's an extremely popular character, and this is a unique show in that literally any character can die...well, that's how the book is, at least, and I wonder if it's been softened up for the show. The producers realize that he's a beloved character and I'd think they might be fearful of a massive backlash. I truly believe fans would revolt, or at least a large number would stop watching in protest.

Your thoughts?

I might have stopped watching a year ago if they killed Daryl when I was really enjoying the show but frankly I quit watching after the fake Glenn death on the dumpster. The show IMO has become boring and monotonous; same scenarios, different set of "bad guys". Then there's the long hiatus between seasons and the long break in the middle of the season. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

I wish the whole show was Rick's coma induced dream.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:37 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,332,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
They'd probably have a bump in the ratings, similar to how Game of Thrones took off after the death of Ned Stark
Ned Stark was an idiot and deserves exactly what he got, along with his stupid first born son. I must be the only person who watch GOT and hate the Starks with the exception of Arya.

Both fans of Daryl and Glenn are threatening to stop watching the show....but Glenn actually dies in the comic. In the end, I think fans will watch to see if their favorites dies. I think some fans will actually stop watching the show if the ONLY reason they watched was because due to these characters and not because of the show.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:27 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times
He doesn't need to die, he needs to leave those losers behind and get to getting on surviving. I never bought him staying around them this long anyway. Be much more interesting watching him go all Caine from Kung Fu and explore the world.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:25 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,389,294 times
I'm tired of them killing off characters I'm invested in. There is no point in watching a show of mostly newbies. I watch for The original cast. The show is losing focus and the original cast is too spread out. They need to tighten up the plot.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:09 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
I think both Daryl and Rick are safe. However, I am getting tired of the horrible writing the show has had lately. The finale was atrocious, way to predictable. The crew hasn't lived as long as they have making mistakes like they did this past year. The show needs to get rid of the current batch of writers and bring in fresh ones.

One other thing, I pay for the show every year since I do not have cable but this coming year I am up in the air about buying it. Just not sure if it will be worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV