Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 11:12 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times

Advertisements

"Dancing with the Stars" season 22 cast pairs were announced today. In the past I've been apprehensive about the "stars" for a season but learned to enjoy them as time went on. It's going to be harder this season.

"Fuller House" star Jodie Sweetin with Keo Motsepe
"GMA" meteorologist Ginger Zee with Val Chmerkovskiy
Denver Broncos' Von Miller with Witney Carson
"The O.C." actress Mischa Barton with Artem Chigvintsev
Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown with Sharna Burgess
Geraldo Rivera with Edyta Sliwinska
MMA fighter Paige VanZant with Mark Ballas
"America's Next Top Model" winner Nyle DiMarco with Peta Murgatroyd
"The Facts of Life" star Kim Fields with Sasha Farber
Former QB Doug Flutie with Karina Smirnoff
Donald Trump's ex-wife Marla Maples with Tony Dovolani
Boyz II Men singer Wanya Morris with Lindsay Arnold

'DWTS' lineup announced: Meet 'Dancing with the Stars' season 22 cast, partners | syracuse.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 11:44 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
There's another article with more info linked at the bottom of this post.

So we have 3 football players this season. Maybe that means we wont have any for the next two seasons. I dont mind football players at all -- I loved Donald Driver and Emmitt Smith -- and I'm hoping I can find some affection for one of this season's guys. But three in one season?

The below article says that Julianne Hough left the judging panel "while she focuses on her acting career". I'll hold my tongue on that one.

When Geraldo Rivera was on "Celebrity Apprentice" recently, he spent a lot of time walking around with no shirt on. In one session, he walked around wearing only his boxer trunks. He's in good shape for a 72-year-old man but not so good as he thinks.

Dancing With the Stars cast revealed: Geraldo Rivera, Kim Fields and Super Bowl champ Von Miller join Mischa Barton, Donald Trump's ex Marla Maples and more | Daily Mail Online

Old 03-08-2016, 12:09 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times
This is gonna be a hot mess!! I'm in.

Hey, what happened to Cheryl Burke?

Old 03-08-2016, 01:42 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
I'll watch to see Nyle DiMarco. I so admired him on ANTM and the way he overcame all the extra obstacles he had to go through to win. Through it all he was a real gentleman and didn't stoop to the back biting and nastiness some of the others did even when some tried to bully him.

Not to mention he is very easy on the eyes.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:51 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
No obligatory inspiration?
I think the deaf guy will be the inspiration.

I don't see any overtly elderly dancers in the lineup. I guess Geraldo, maybe, but he's pretty spry for an old guy.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:12 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,725,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post

She's pretty much retired from DWTS and has moved on to do her own thing.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:36 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,809,218 times
Looks like a good line-up! We love Ginger Zee in our house. She answers tweets a lot. She & my daughter were pregnant with boys at the same time, so I would tweet her our news and she'd always replied. I know she HATES being called a weather girl. She's not only gorgeous, she's smart. I think she was even a storm chaser for a while. (Which is why my weather-geek hubby loves her. Well, that and she's gorgeous! lol)

Looking forward to Wayna from Boyz II Men. I LOVE them, and he's always been my favorite one.

Doug Flutie - the cutie-patootie! I have adored him since that Hail Mary pass back in his BC days. Don't know how long he'll last, but he'll be easy on the eyes!

Looking forward to having my DWTS time back!

Old 03-09-2016, 12:54 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,572,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
"Dancing with the Stars" season 22 cast pairs were announced today. In the past I've been apprehensive about the "stars" for a season but learned to enjoy them as time went on. It's going to be harder this season.

"Fuller House" star Jodie Sweetin with Keo Motsepe
"GMA" meteorologist Ginger Zee with Val Chmerkovskiy
Denver Broncos' Von Miller with Witney Carson
"The O.C." actress Mischa Barton with Artem Chigvintsev
Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown with Sharna Burgess
Geraldo Rivera with Edyta Sliwinska
MMA fighter Paige VanZant with Mark Ballas
"America's Next Top Model" winner Nyle DiMarco with Peta Murgatroyd
"The Facts of Life" star Kim Fields with Sasha Farber
Former QB Doug Flutie with Karina Smirnoff
Donald Trump's ex-wife Marla Maples with Tony Dovolani
Boyz II Men singer Wanya Morris with Lindsay Arnold

'DWTS' lineup announced: Meet 'Dancing with the Stars' season 22 cast, partners | syracuse.com
Looks to me that Edyta may have a short come back. Geraldo's the token geriatric contestant. Personally, I can't stand Geraldo Rivera. I remember him from waaaaaay back when he was just starting out at WABC in NYC. That was in the 1960's. He was super handsome then, but he's not in his 20's anymore. Nor am I for that matter.

And, Karina may not be around for long again. She tried with Victor Espinoza, but that didn't last long. With Doug Flutie's age, he could be kind of stiff, like Kurt Warner. Same with Tony Dovolani. Marla Maple's is no Spring chicken, either. That's too bad those pros are paired with older, probably not so great, dancers. I love all three of them.

I am excited that Keo, Artem and Sasha might actually go far this season. I really like them, too.

I have no idea what Von Miller will be like, but as a bleeding blue and orange Denver Broncos fan, I'll be rooting for him big time. I tend to like the football players like Hines Ward, Donald Driver, Emmit Smith, Jerry Rice, Kurt Warner and Jacoby Jones even if some weren't so great. I'm curious about Antonio Brown, too. Broncos beat the Steelers to move on in the Playoffs to the Super Bowl. Curious, though....why not any MLB players in the fall? Baseball's over by then. Hmmmmm. Or NHL or NBA?

I like that Peta's learning American Sign language. That's very cool. Not a fan of Kim Fields or Jodie Sweetin, but they may surprise the way Candace Cameron did. I have no idea who Ginger Zee is. I had to look her up, but she may turn out to be pretty good the way Erin Andrews and Maria Menounos were.

All in all, not a bad line-up, and I look forward to it. For the first time in Bachelor history, I didn't watch a single episode this year, so Monday nights were kind of boring. With Len coming back, and Julianne gone, it could be a really good season. I will miss Derek's choreography, though......

Old 03-09-2016, 09:55 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post

I saw her awhile back selling her brand of activewear clothing on a tv shopping channel.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:10 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
March 21st y'all Kim Fields & Sasha just opened the season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV