Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2016, 01:53 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I think at 23, what wisdom does she really have to pass on to anybody?

Considering she has been in show business for most of her life, I would say she does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 02:18 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,733,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Considering she has been in show business for most of her life, I would say she does.

She has been in show business most of her life due to the connections of having a country singer for a dad and Dolly Parton as a godmother.

Being in show business because it was handed to you on a silver platter does not equate to "wisdom" and self awareness required to be a mentor someone else's talent.

Old 03-28-2016, 05:58 PM

I'd like to see an indie coach. Jenny Lewis, maybe?!?!

Old 03-28-2016, 06:13 PM

Angie was far more entertaining than Paxton.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:46 PM

Hannah > Alisan

Old 03-28-2016, 07:43 PM

Still like Hannah more than Alisan but there was less wailing on that one. I guess the talk between Christina, Miley, and Alisan reminding us she was on star search, Broadway, and had an album out before kind of turns me off when you see her compete against unknown kids like Lacy and Daniel. Daniel -- poor kid knew he had no shot and that's gotta be tough to go out there and compete.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:52 AM

I also want to say - I don't hate Alisan except when she gets to the whiny wailing tone of her voice. I just hate the edit as the Chosen One and I hate the fact that she is competing against people who have maybe had a handful of youtube videos as the reason they were selected to try out. There is no way they could win against someone seasoned who has a show business background going back many, many years! It's playing with a stacked deck and it sucked seeing Daniel cry last night as he was leaving. Very glad Pharrell said something to him so maybe he will keep with it? Talented kid caught in the crossfires and I liked how he had nothing to say to Christina. It was nice not hearing them say something fake about how the coach changed their lives, especially in cases where it was like, "Really? This person and that person? That person has no chance!" Honestly, the only fair pairing would have been Alisan vs. Tamar, who also has previous industry roots.

That being said, Emily Keener. I don't get it. She is not that good and Shalyah owned her last night. Was it another instance of Pharrell wanting them both to stay so he figured Shalyah would be stolen based on the feedback of other coaches? It's one thing to do that in the battles, but in the knockouts, let the winner win!

I will also say this. Paxton is talented and has talent vocally, but I hate the tone of his voice so while I think he is talented for people that like that tone.... I just don't. All Angie had to do was pick. any. other. song.

I want to see a revamp of the Voice where Blake's team competes against Adam's team and etc. and a team of 3 celebrity guests pick the winner (ie. the "mentors" are not "mentors" anymore - but they're the judges at the end?). If 12 of the top 20 comes from Blake's team or Christina's team, cool! But maybe it would be cool to see the "teams" be teams vs. competitors?

Old 03-29-2016, 10:01 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
I thought Miley did a good job with the contestants. She gave them good tips on how to make the song sound better like keeping the melody higher for the 15 yo who did a country song. Shalyah. I can't count how many girl singers I've seen on this show who try to go low and it comes out as a bleat, or not at all. That was a good tip for this girl and I think it was a key to her staying on the show.

She also complimented them and hugged even the ones who didn't approach her first and made them feel comfortable. I actually ended up liking her. I liked Rihanna more, but Miley really wasn't bad.

During the rehearsals Owen's tone reminded me a whole lot of John Denver. That tone didn't carry over to the show as much, but I still enjoyed him.

I really liked Alisan again last night. She really knows how to wring the emotion out of a song. As far as beating someone with experience, Sawyer Fredericks beat that blond woman who screws up her face when she sings (sorry I can't remember her name) who had actually toured with Blake.

I was sorry to see Angie go, and I agree it was due to the wrong song choice. Emily stayed because she's quirky IMHO. At least she stayed on tune last night.

Looking forward to hearing Laith and Adam W again tonight. Hope they both do well.

Contestants | Teams | The Voice | NBC

Old 03-29-2016, 10:16 AM

Sawyer Fredericks - I like him a lot, but he also got the Chosen One edit of his season as well and I only remember his battle round against Noelle (who I believe was brunette and also 16 and I don't remember her touring with Blake) and his knockout included Mia Z and another guy when that one guy left? I think you can successfully beat someone who has been around a long time when you get that special edit where they release your blind early and create hype for you. It is also very different when it is a battle/knockout, too.

I do think Laith might be the most talented person this season. I really do!

Old 03-29-2016, 10:37 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
I remember now, it was Meghan Linsey. Sawyer was a finalist along with her and Koryn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV