Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 06:46 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,452,265 times

Advertisements

One of the things that would cut down on the drug use would be snap pod inspections, where even the staff don't know it is going to happen. Move all of the inmates to another holding location and strip the place clean. Looking for weapons as well as drugs. And when they are in that holding location, conduct personal searches by county Sheriff deputies who DO NOT work at the jail.

Second idea. I mentioned a few pages back that a mandatory work program should be instituted, to get them moving and off their bunks. How about a program where the inmates wash and clean the county's work trucks ? And how about a workshop where they do manual work such as packaging small parts for a local manufacturer. Pay them a dollar a day, into their commissary account, for their work.

Telephone. No more pin numbers, all calls have to be "collect ", so the inmates cannot be extorted for their PIN . Telephone hours are just that....an hour in the morning, and hour in the evening, with a great big sign on the wall....This telephone is being recorded.

Do away with the idea of lying in your bunk all day. Enforce it by having formation, where the inmates have to stand in a group, for an hour, twice a day.

Run a drug dog through all the pods on a irregular schedule, that only the Sheriff knows about. That would cut out the "tip off factor" by the staff.

Run that same drug dog through the staff locker room, and their cars in the jail parking lot.

Immediate dismissal for any staff of ANY rank who are found to be holding drugs of any type. And criminal prosecution, under the appropriate State or Federal laws.

My theory is to make it so tough that inmates will not want to come back.

Jim B.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 09:34 AM

5,518 posts, read 7,109,883 times
They should just cut out visitors and mail.
This could cut down on the drugs being brought in.

And guards reporting to work each day must first greet the drug sniffing dogs as they enter.

Does anyone else think that Tami looks like Ted Cruz?

Old 03-21-2016, 07:13 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,545,112 times
I finally started watching this show and i'm all caught up! I'm kinda scared for these folks, not so much for Robert b/c to me he is just a show off who doesn't know how to follow the rules. I wouldnt be surprised if something DOES happen to him for being so arrogant. I like shows like these. I def want to see how things turn out.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:52 AM

22,845 posts, read 6,437,988 times
Ali's daughter likes to mention she's Ali's daughter...we get it, if you were just
some random girl no big deal...but you have Ali's daughter here.
The show is about people who take huge risks on TV, unless I'm being "conned".

Old 03-22-2016, 11:00 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,840 times
This is a great show, and apparently quite realistic. I've seen all three episodes - very gripping TV.

I don't understand why Robert (the teacher) is treating the place like a playground. He's not looking at things too realistically here. We'll see what happens to him....

Old 03-23-2016, 08:17 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
This is a great show, and apparently quite realistic. I've seen all three episodes - very gripping TV.

I don't understand why Robert (the teacher) is treating the place like a playground. He's not looking at things too realistically here. We'll see what happens to him....

it is an interesting show.

Robert has a pea sized brain.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:51 AM

He is going to be beaten soon, they already pounced on his friend.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:59 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
He is going to be beaten soon, they already pounced on his friend.
I'm thinking he deserves it.

Old 03-26-2016, 12:24 PM

I think Tami is making too big of a deal about Boston, I don't get all the hatred, but I guess you have to be there.

That new guy who stole from his employer is going to get his shoes stolen, and he will get beaten I bet.

Robert seems to be enjoying the hole. Bet his school district is going to question his return to the classroom.

Old 03-26-2016, 12:36 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I think Tami is making too big of a deal about Boston, I don't get all the hatred, but I guess you have to be there. ........

It's as if Tami is jealous of Boston.

And as for Isiah....scaredity cat. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV