Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 02:47 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,765,953 times

Advertisements

I decided to get past my hatred for A&E and give the show a try. I am thoroughly enjoying it. The actor playing Damien is doing a good job of portraying a guy teetering between just wanting to be a normal person and being "The Beast". Every now and then you get scenes where it looks like he gives in to the darkness that we all know is in him and it's chilling and somewhat fun to watch. I can't wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 02:44 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,708,537 times
This has been one of the best shows in years on any channel. The acting has been amazing and the story line.. WOW. I'm hoping it gets a second season.

Old 05-11-2016, 03:04 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,036,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
This has been one of the best shows in years on any channel. The acting has been amazing and the story line.. WOW. I'm hoping it gets a second season.
I agree! Loved this show. Last night the episode had me on the edge of my seat for the entire show. My only complaint...not enough episodes!

I sure hope it comes back. Tried to find out if it was renewed but couldn't find anything concrete.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:56 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,100 times
Amazing finale - especially
Spoiler
the last scene when Damien brought that woman (his friend) back to life after she was killed by completely giving his "soul" to the devil. Interesting, since my take on this was that he was committing an almost selfless act by bringing her back to life - but, in so doing committed an ultimately evil act by embracing the darkness - kind of a contradiction, in a sense.

This is pretty much the culmination of what has been going on during the entire series with this character -
Spoiler
i.e., he's been trying to keep from becoming "evil" but at the same time has been unable to resist the forces that are out of his control.

Spoiler
The scene immediately after the woman came back to life & everyone bowed to Damien - including the policeman was amazing - it just showed that everyone was really buying into Damien being "the savior"... even someone who had previously been going against him. Sublime.

Old 05-13-2016, 02:47 PM

170 posts, read 495,958 times
This show has had me mesmerized since the first episode! A&E has struck gold with this one.
Question please. I've seen every episode but I'm puzzled by something. In the movie there were seven daggers of Meggido. I've watched the finale a few times and keep coming up with only six lol.
In the final episode the priests only have four as they pack for battle. Ann has
one&Damien and Simone have one. That equals only six daggers. Did I miss the scene where the seventh was recovered? I'm assuming number seven was the one the priest gave to the man in the confessional? How was that retrieved & by whom?
TIA

Old 05-20-2016, 04:44 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,036,467 times
Canceled.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:12 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,100 times
Disappointing, but not surprising. Damien was a great show, but quite edgy/disturbing.

And, the finale - especially the final scene - was an ending of sorts. So, at least the series didn't end on a cliff-hanger.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:14 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,708,537 times
Ugh. Hoping against hope it gets picked up elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV