Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 10:38 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times

Advertisements

I did think it was odd that there'd be a printed invoice of all of this arms dealing business, but that's probably a throwback to when the novel was published 20 years ago and a paper trail might be more plausible. Love Hiddleston and Laurie, so I'm suspending disbelief.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 04-21-2016 at 10:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 10:51 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,724 times
Seemed to me the show started too soon without much explanation of what we were suppose to be following from the start , bad things happened too soon without a head up on the plot, although I'm a bit slow getting into things , I have to come on here to get things explained to me sometimes

Old 04-27-2016, 04:46 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,764,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Seemed to me the show started too soon without much explanation of what we were suppose to be following from the start , bad things happened too soon without a head up on the plot, although I'm a bit slow getting into things , I have to come on here to get things explained to me sometimes
Same here. I am a bit confused, and I have not missed any of it.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
Same here. I am a bit confused, and I have not missed any of it.

The last episode started to make sense of the story , it's only a six part series so it's going to be fast moving

Old 04-27-2016, 04:53 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,764,744 times
So basically House...er ummm...Roper is in a pickle since he knows Pine is on his a**, yet saved his sons life. ?

I am confused about the bicycle chick and why she lied about her baby's husband who clearly was in the photo and what that has to do with Roper?

Old 04-27-2016, 07:58 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,777,621 times
I'm confused too - good to know I'm not alone. But the production . . . the visuals . . . the views . . .fantastic! That will keep me coming back even if I'm lost in the storyline.

Yeah . . . the baby's father is Tom Quince? And that's one of Pine's aliases? Somebody help us out here! I hope it becomes clear as we go along through the next four episodes.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:14 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,689 times
I am watching this because I like Hugh Laurie. Hopefully Forman and Cuddy will make appearances. The depiction of Laurie as a high profile philanthropist super villain seems cartoonish, but I will give it some time.

List of things I am confused about:
1. Why spend so much of the first episode on his working as the night manager in Eygyt, and why name the show the night manager, when it has little to do with the Roper plot? Perhaps the arms guy will make a reappearance.

2. Did the plan to catch Roper begin before or after Pine met Roper in the Alps?

3. Why did Pine/Jack London need to bully that guy in the machine shop in Ireland?

4. What exactly did he do in Ireland to become an international fugitive? Or is the international fugitive story something the Spys constructed? If it is something the spys made up, then why live in Ireland?

Old 04-28-2016, 08:52 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
I'm a bit confused as well, but MI6 had to create a backstory for Tom HIddleston so that when Roper's people ran a background check, he'd come up as a shady person running from the law who'd be an awesome member of the crew because of his lack of ethics. Something like that. Roper already likes Pine, so he needs proof that he's not a goody-two shoes.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm a bit confused as well, but MI6 had to create a backstory for Tom HIddleston so that when Roper's people ran a background check, he'd come up as a shady person running from the law who'd be an awesome member of the crew because of his lack of ethics. Something like that. Roper already likes Pine, so he needs proof that he's not a goody-two shoes.
And there going to have to torture him for additional proof he's a baddie .

Old 04-28-2016, 12:48 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
And there going to have to torture him for additional proof he's a baddie .
I can understand Roper and his thugs being suspicious of Pine/alias. But it makes no sense to me why they threaten him while he is recovering in bed. Presumably Roper is keeping Pine around because he wants to recruit him to work for him, else they would have just left him in a hospital with a nice reward. To me the threats and harassment would seem to be more likely to discourage someone that did not have an alternative motive, than it would someone that did have an alternative motive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV