Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 10:59 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times

Advertisements

I am disappointed in JoJo BIG time.

(Lets just say ....this entire season was pre determined and we , the viewers have been taken for a ride.....)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 03:40 AM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
No shockers for me when I finally watched this week's episode yesterday. Pretty sure early on she knew who her top two or three guys were, maybe even the top one.

Maybe I wasn't watching carefully enough at next week's preview, but it looked like Robbie might have some explaining to do during hometown dates about a former girlfriend. Then again, the way the show edits previews you can't believe them. They love keeping us in suspense wondering, did that really happen? And did it really happen to that particular person or was it one of the others?

JoJo has been a better Bachelorette than I expected, but I'll still be happy when this season is over and Bachelor in Paradise starts.

Wish the producers would realize though that they don't need to create fake situations to keep us interested. Casting is the most important aspect of the shows. Get that right the personalities will do most of the rest. When I see drama on the show I often have to wonder if it's real or contrived. For example, how much of Chad's behavior was encouraged or set up by the producers? As far as we know he was paid from the start to act that way.

It'll be interesting to see if the next Bachelor comes from this crop of contestants, or if it's true they are going to cave to pressure to have a minority as the lead. If they really want ratings they should have Chad as the Bachelor. That would be funny, although I wouldn't wish him on the girls.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:48 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
No shockers for me when I finally watched this week's episode yesterday. Pretty sure early on she knew who her top two or three guys were, maybe even the top one.

Maybe I wasn't watching carefully enough at next week's preview, but it looked like Robbie might have some explaining to do during hometown dates about a former girlfriend. Then again, the way the show edits previews you can't believe them. They love keeping us in suspense wondering, did that really happen? And did it really happen to that particular person or was it one of the others?

JoJo has been a better Bachelorette than I expected, but I'll still be happy when this season is over and Bachelor in Paradise starts.

Wish the producers would realize though that they don't need to create fake situations to keep us interested. Casting is the most important aspect of the shows. Get that right the personalities will do most of the rest. When I see drama on the show I often have to wonder if it's real or contrived. For example, how much of Chad's behavior was encouraged or set up by the producers? As far as we know he was paid from the start to act that way.

It'll be interesting to see if the next Bachelor comes from this crop of contestants, or if it's true they are going to cave to pressure to have a minority as the lead. If they really want ratings they should have Chad as the Bachelor. That would be funny, although I wouldn't wish him on the girls.
I doubt it, nor do I see what the purpose would be. I'm black and it won't satisfy me just to see a black man as the bachelor. He'd also better be attractive and intelligent, have lots of attractive and intelligent black women to choose from, propose to one of them, and hopefully go on to marry her! If that's not going to happen, I personally don't want to see a black bachelor. I agree that Chad would be much better for ratings and entertainment value!

Old 07-15-2016, 02:01 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,239,881 times
I didn't realize Robby was a former "model"? His hairline was weird back then too!

No wonder he's confident! Bachelorette contestant Robby Hayes flashes washboard abs as he strips down to red Calvins in old modeling photos | Daily Mail Online

Old 07-15-2016, 08:34 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I hope non of the men will become the next Bachelor as I don't see any of them that will keep me watching an entire season.

In that case horrible had may even be a better Bachelor not to get bored.

But don't get me wrong the guys are overall very nice but nothing stands out to stay interested as a viewer.

The country song writer and singe was/is a very nice guy but not a match for Jojo and I'm glad he had to go as that was better for him I a positive way.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:59 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
Dear Lord! Is it normal to have those big-a** veins in your pelvic area? Weird and not attractive. Yeah, his hairline was weird then, too.

Yes, I hope James reads these comments too. James: Women don't like insecure men. Women don't like it when you put yourself down and they have to reassure you. That you were made fun of as a kid for your ears, or you're not as good-looking as the other guys. Women don't like it when you say "I get that a lot" about finding a good girl who deserves you. Women don't like it when you act like a goofball, especially when you ARE surrounded by a bunch of good-looking jocks. When you put yourself down, then the woman starts to see you that way too. You need to act like you're the best guy in the room. You need to be the man in the relationship, protecting the woman, not the other way around. It's ashame you have to act like someone you're not, but you really do need to change and get some confidence in yourself. My ex was a rather overweight (obese) guy, and he never once said "Oh, I'm so fat". He owned his looks, so I was able to look past that. That's what you need to do, too. Oh, and get that mop cut down....it is not helping.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:21 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
I used to be really into these "reality" shows. But once I found out they are not total reality and are just entertainment and amusement, I am enjoying them less. The only reality show that I think actually might be real is "The Amazing Race." But the way they edit it sometimes, I wonder.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:09 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I used to be really into these "reality" shows. But once I found out they are not total reality and are just entertainment and amusement, I am enjoying them less. The only reality show that I think actually might be real is "The Amazing Race." But the way they edit it sometimes, I wonder.
lol. Rest assured, NONE of them are reality.

Goodness!

Old 07-18-2016, 11:16 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Dear Lord! Is it normal to have those big-a** veins in your pelvic area? Weird and not attractive. Yeah, his hairline was weird then, too.

Yes, I hope James reads these comments too. James: Women don't like insecure men. Women don't like it when you put yourself down and they have to reassure you. That you were made fun of as a kid for your ears, or you're not as good-looking as the other guys. Women don't like it when you say "I get that a lot" about finding a good girl who deserves you.
And if he hears that a lot, it's probably because he's constantly going after the wrong women. What does he like so much about JoJo other than the fact that she's hotter than him?

Old 07-18-2016, 08:10 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Luke is my favorite of the ones that are left, and he seems the most real.
I am sure this means he will be cut next week...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV