Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 01:51 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,232,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

I just read something about Melissa Rycroft, the one who picked then dumped by Jason Meznick, and I still remember that her parents wouldn't let themselves or their home be filmed for the show. I STILL wonder what was wrong with them. Too poor? Too weird looking? Something else to hide? Inquiring minds want to know!
i can say without a doubt that my parents would not have wanted to be a part of this show if any of my brothers or i wanted to be on bachelor or bachelorette, and they are very clean, have a decent home and (relatively) normal, etc.

not everyone wants to be on tv.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 04:34 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I just read something about Melissa Rycroft, the one who picked then dumped by Jason Meznick, and I still remember that her parents wouldn't let themselves or their home be filmed for the show. I STILL wonder what was wrong with them. Too poor? Too weird looking? Something else to hide? Inquiring minds want to know!
Or they just weren't interested in being a part of the show.

Did you think the concept - meet a guy and then get married so quickly - could really work? My parents had the same view as you. I'm the only person in that show's history whose parents were not involved. They didn't believe in it. At the time, I did. I believed we would get married and sail into the sunset. Once the cameras are off, it doesn't work.
We had gone out three dates, I don't know him. I've been married for five years and now I know that.

Uncomfortable questions with former Cowboys cheerleader & reality TV star Melissa Rycroft - The Big Mac Blog

Old 07-21-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I know, right?! Lol. . . It appears most rich upper-class white people all have the same style. They all act the same, and even dress the same! I'd love to see a trailer park , po-dunk, the projects, favelas, something- ANYTHING other than the same cookie cutter crap! Lol
Anyone who goes on this show has to be in a situation where they can take a few months off from work and still be fine financially. They also have to come across as someone who has their life together and is ready to get married and start a family. Yes, there will probably be contestants who don't have rich parents, but in that case they either have the family get together at a friend/family member's much nicer house, they rent a place, or go to a restaurant. Trailer parks and the projects are not part of the Bachelor franchise's image.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:47 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Maybe Molly from Jason season had parents who are very private and not interested in any publicity. My parents wouldn't want to be on TV in this manor even though we were part of a reality documentary with our family.

I believe on girl who later became the bachelorette and is from what I know still with the one she chose, had a brother that was really one of the lowest you could have on the show. She was with the last 4 for the Bachelor show home towns when that home town totally went wrong when her brother showed his trailer trash character.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I believe on girl who later became the bachelorette and is from what I know still with the one she chose, had a brother that was really one of the lowest you could have on the show. She was with the last 4 for the Bachelor show home towns when that home town totally went wrong when her brother showed his trailer trash character.
Are you talking about Desiree? Yes, she is still with the one she chose. They got married last year. Her brother was pretty hard on Sean Lowe. Although Jojo's brothers were pretty hard on Ben as well.

Speaking of Ben, saw that he is campaigning to be a state representative in Colorado. Between that and the reality show he is filming with Lauren for the FreeForm Network, he seems to be desperately trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Are you talking about Desiree? Yes, she is still with the one she chose. They got married last year. Her brother was pretty hard on Sean Lowe. Although Jojo's brothers were pretty hard on Ben as well.

Speaking of Ben, saw that he is campaigning to be a state representative in Colorado. Between that and the reality show he is filming with Lauren for the FreeForm Network, he seems to be desperately trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame.
Thanks indeed I was referring to Desiree.

Jojo's brothers were harsh but in the end they were right.

Ben had a self esteem problem as he couldn't keep a girl as it seems from what his mom and him discussed as the girls kept leaving him hanging for whatever reason.
Maybe the wrong girls he fell for or maybe something also on his side as it takes two to tango but it could be wrong girls for him.

I'm not judging him for milking this career out if he can as some have made it big time and Kardashian did it with a sex tape and Ben didn't use a sex tape but if you can get a career going this way that makes you even more money than great job for doing so.

I do think his character however will not last on TV as he is aside from likable, kind of borrow when it comes to what TV usually will be able to handle for years. Only if you are extremely outgoing or have a very special gift as a few host have and there are not many who make it.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:38 AM

2,906 posts, read 1,981,048 times
Had to do a double take after seeing Luke's grandpa sitting at the picnic table. Looked a little like Jimmy Carter.

Wished they would have let us seen who got eliminated, but they do have me waiting to tune in Monday night, so guess they are doing something right. The ending with Luke asking to talk to JoJo seemed like a set-up to create drama. I don't think she could go wrong if she picked him, seems like he was raised well and is one of the good guys. And his having served in the military during wartime is admirable.

I don't know who she picks, haven't read spoilers or anything, so I feel free to say who I 'think' she'll chose, and that is Robby. Something about the way she acted towards him during the hometown date made me think he might just be the one she selects.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Had to do a double take after seeing Luke's grandpa sitting at the picnic table. Looked a little like Jimmy Carter.

Wished they would have let us seen who got eliminated, but they do have me waiting to tune in Monday night, so guess they are doing something right. The ending with Luke asking to talk to JoJo seemed like a set-up to create drama. I don't think she could go wrong if she picked him, seems like he was raised well and is one of the good guys. And his having served in the military during wartime is admirable.

I don't know who she picks, haven't read spoilers or anything, so I feel free to say who I 'think' she'll chose, and that is Robby. Something about the way she acted towards him during the hometown date made me think he might just be the one she selects.
Luke for sure is not a bad pick or better said in a positive way a "good pick" but I don't feel Jojo and him will last as their backgrounds are opposites and she will not be able to adjust to farmers land forever IMO.

She looked nice with the cowboy boots that Luke gave her and that looked like very nice expensive boots.

I feel Robby and the Football players brother will be the last one standing.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:17 PM

2,906 posts, read 1,981,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Luke for sure is not a bad pick or better said in a positive way a "good pick" but I don't feel Jojo and him will last as their backgrounds are opposites and she will not be able to adjust to farmers land forever IMO.

She looked nice with the cowboy boots that Luke gave her and that looked like very nice expensive boots.

I feel Robby and the Football players brother will be the last one standing.
Interesting that, I believe it was on Tuesday, I saw headlines for entertainment articles around the web posing the question whether Jordan gave away who won, which made me wonder if she let him go Monday. Then when I finally watched this week's recording of Monday's show I saw that they didn't show her decision of which guy she sent home. So maybe you're right, maybe Jordan will be around until the final decision. Hard for me to believe she'll pick him though. My impression is she's into Robbie and Luke a little more. Not sure where Chase fits in. At this point he seems like 'just a guy' on the show. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, who knows, but I'll be curious who she ends up with.

Honestly, I wasn't going to watch this season as I didn't think she'd be a good Bachelorette, but she's done a good job in the role, and I like her more than I did Kaitlyn last season.

Bachelor in Paradise should be a hoot with Chad in the cast. And the girl from Ben's season with the attitude (don't recall her name offhand). Can't wait for the Bachelorette to get over so I can watch another train wreck. I'm bad, yes I am.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:14 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I see precious little difference between the two. None, in fact.

Big Clue: None of it is real. Astonishingly, there are people who actually believe what they see on TV (and the internet). That's far sadder than the actual TV shows they're watching that call themselves "reality".
Even sadder than that are the posters who reference something they watched on TV or in a movie in a historical or political manner. They never understand why anyone would question the accuracy of their assertions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Right?! It's anybody's game at this point.. I totally had Luke & Jordan in my Top 2, but I think after seeing Luke's super redneck family way out in the middle of Bum-f* k, TX, she's had a change of so-called "heart" ! . . . . . Comedian Dave Neal does hilarious weekly Bachelorette recaps on youtube, from a guy's perspective lol. He's spot on!
I'll have to look him up. We've been enjoying Jimmy Kimmel's Bachelorette send-up, it is a toddler version and adorable and funny at the same time. It actually points out how childish a lot of these conversations are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Anyone who goes on this show has to be in a situation where they can take a few months off from work and still be fine financially. They also have to come across as someone who has their life together and is ready to get married and start a family. Yes, there will probably be contestants who don't have rich parents, but in that case they either have the family get together at a friend/family member's much nicer house, they rent a place, or go to a restaurant. Trailer parks and the projects are not part of the Bachelor franchise's image.
I'd love a trailer park and/or projects version of The Bachelor/ette - a real world version, where real people compete and not all these manufactured bland clones we get to watch most of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV