Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2016, 09:36 AM

677 posts, read 648,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
What is the point of Bran's visions into the past? Why is the old man in the tree showing him these things?
Part of it is showing Bran's powers. But in the books his powers are much more than the visions. But it is hard to portray all that he is actually going through right now. So, the real answer to the question of why focussing on the visions of the past, is that since the show has missed much of the nuance and hints and facts dropped in the book, this is the plot device they are using to show the R+L=J truth, which will likely have very large reverberations throughout the rest of the storyline once it all comes out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 12:18 PM

4,712 posts, read 5,918,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
One plot line I find especially trying is the evil Ramsey story. I have read too many books (and watched too many movies) where the evil serial killer/sociopath gets away from all kinds of evil stuff without getting caught. Then in the last 20 pages or the last 20 minutes the bad guys gets what he deserves. In short it bugs me that Ramsey is so lucky in his evil........
well, the previous evil sociopath - Joffrey Baratheon - died early in season 4, not in the last 5 minutes of episode 10 of that season. (episode 2, I believe?)

Old 05-10-2016, 12:33 PM

I could be wrong, but I think things will come to a head with Bolton by episode 5 or so, and that slowly through the season there will be a shift where more of the focus will become on the Greyjoys (who will likely be how Danny gets "home" eventually) and the story with Danny/Tyrion/the dragons.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:47 PM

6,900 posts, read 7,529,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post
I more of the focus will become on the Greyjoys (who will likely be how Danny gets "home" eventually)
Hmmmm, I never thought of that at all. A real possibility! I couldn't think of why the Greyjoys were even still had a storyline, but you may well be right.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Hmmmm, I never thought of that at all. A real possibility! I couldn't think of why the Greyjoys were even still had a storyline, but you may well be right.
Well, not necesarily spoiler (the Greyjoy story is far more advanced by now in the books), because who knows if they will follow it in the show (they completely changed Dorne for instance), but for what it's worth:

Spoiler
In the books the returned uncle who just threw "Papa Greyjoy" from the bridge takes power, and sends out a fleet of ships. He has on his travels found a magical horn that is supposed to bind the wills of the dragons to it, and they head for Danny. It is assumed that via those ships could very well be her way back to Westeros.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:19 PM

7,572 posts, read 5,284,514 times
[quote=ToddATX;44012040]Well, not necesarily spoiler (the Greyjoy story is far more advanced by now in the books), because who knows if they will follow it in the show (they completely changed Dorne for instance), but for what it's worth:

Is it possible to devise a death so gruesome that would be befitting of Rand Bolton's demise? Dragon bait perhaps?

Spoiler
In the books the returned uncle who just threw "Papa Greyjoy" from the bridge takes power, and sends out a fleet of ships. He has on his travels found a magical horn that is supposed to bind the wills of the dragons to it, and they head for Danny. It is assumed that via those ships could very well be her way back to Westeros.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:31 PM

7,572 posts, read 5,284,514 times
Well the Night Watch certainly proved to be a bunch of gutless traitors, as traitor usually are, Even Brutus and Cassius showed greater bravery than these sniveling malcontents. Not a Marine amongst them Semper
Terribilis would be their motto.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:54 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
well, the previous evil sociopath - Joffrey Baratheon - died early in season 4, not in the last 5 minutes of episode 10 of that season. (episode 2, I believe?)
That brings up a great question to viewers. Who wins worst character for GOT?

Joffrey Baratheon or Ramsey Bolton

Old 05-10-2016, 09:16 PM

7,342 posts, read 12,567,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
That brings up a great question to viewers. Who wins worst character for GOT?

Joffrey Baratheon or Ramsey Bolton
I actually think the one who wins the "Most Evil" prize is Littlefinger. The other two are just young, cruel and selfish, but Littlefinger is intelligent and manipulative, psychologically cruel, plus thoroughly selfish.

BTW, I really enjoyed the last episode. Such promise of revelations to come!

Old 05-11-2016, 07:21 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I actually think the one who wins the "Most Evil" prize is Littlefinger. The other two are just young, cruel and selfish, but Littlefinger is intelligent and manipulative, psychologically cruel, plus thoroughly selfish.

BTW, I really enjoyed the last episode. Such promise of revelations to come!
Excellent point about Littlefinger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV