Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2016, 07:38 AM

185 posts, read 173,945 times

Advertisements

I made the prediction last week once all the benjen stark rumors started to swirl that he would come back as cold hands that was awesome . So benjen is technically dead ? He was killed and then re animated by the children of the forest ?

Finally after 3 years we get to see hopefully see Wallder Frey has comming to him.

So I spent 6 seasons hating the lannisters and hating cersei but now after last nights episode i root for them I always like jamies character and now it's them against this terrible high sparrow mafia . Can't wait til the Tyrell army Jamie and the mountain stop their heads in .

Question over brands vision downloads last night , was that the mad king yelling burn them all ? Per haps we will see some awesome flashbacks comming soon that plays out the Robert rebellion and maybe even Jamie killing the mad long
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 07:44 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,227,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateanddown View Post
was that the mad king yelling burn them all ?
Yes, that was the Mad King Aerys (Daenerys' father). We'd never seen him, only heard stories.

Bran's visions give us the potential for seeing events and peoples we never thought we'd see.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Yes, that was the Mad King Aerys (Daenerys' father). We'd never seen him, only heard stories.

Bran's visions give us the potential for seeing events and peoples we never thought we'd see.

Yea that was awesome hearing and seeing that I wish we would see that all play out !

What was that green jar of liquid they kept showing being poured before aerys yelled that ? Was it wild fire

And maybe bran trying to talk to aerys made him go mad

Old 05-30-2016, 08:32 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,858,764 times
Yep wildfire.

Old 05-30-2016, 10:02 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
What's the significance of Valyrian steel again? I think I remember someone talking about it in this thread. Does it kill the white walkers?

Old 05-30-2016, 11:02 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,227,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
What's the significance of Valyrian steel again? I think I remember someone talking about it in this thread. Does it kill the white walkers?
More info than we could ever remember...

Valyrian steel - Game of Thrones Wiki - Wikia

A few snips:

Quote:
Valyrian steel is a form of metal that was forged in the days of the mighty Valyrian Freehold. It is exceptionally sharp and tremendously strong, yet light, keeping its edge forever without the need for sharpening.

Valyrian steel is recognizable from its sharpness, as well as a distinctive rippled pattern visible in blades made from it. Valyrian steel is one of the few things that can kill White Walkers, alongside dragonglass, although this property is not widely known, apparently not even to the White Walkers themselves.
Quote:
The secret of forging Valyrian steel was lost in the Doom of Valyria, after which creating new Valyrian steel weapons became impossible. Valyrian steel was expensive to begin with, so Valyrian steel swords such as House Stark's Ice were already valued heirlooms passed down from one generation to the next in powerful noble families. In the four centuries since the destruction of Valyria, surviving Valyrian steel weapons became priceless, and the few noble Houses who possessed such weapons treasured them even more closely.

Skilled smiths can reforge Valyrian steel weapons by melting down existing ones, but it's a difficult process. Two smaller Valyrian steel swords can be made out of a larger greatsword, or a large greatsword made by melting down multiple smaller swords, but the amount of Valyrian steel in the world is finite and extremely rare.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:13 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,631 times
Quote:
I made the prediction last week once all the benjen stark rumors started to swirl that he would come back as cold hands that was awesome . So benjen is technically dead ? He was killed and then re animated by the children of the forest ?

Finally after 3 years we get to see hopefully see Wallder Frey has comming to him.

So I spent 6 seasons hating the lannisters and hating cersei but now after last nights episode i root for them I always like jamies character and now it's them against this terrible high sparrow mafia . Can't wait til the Tyrell army Jamie and the mountain stop their heads in .

Question over brands vision downloads last night , was that the mad king yelling burn them all ? Per haps we will see some awesome flashbacks comming soon that plays out the Robert rebellion and maybe even Jamie killing the mad long
All it will take for Margery to persuade the King to turn on the High Sparrow is one
night in bed with him. Then Margery will hold the key to the throne over the Lannisters
and the Tyrell's. Let the Games begin.........

Old 05-30-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
All it will take for Margery to persuade the King to turn on the High Sparrow is one
night in bed with him. Then Margery will hold the key to the throne over the Lannisters
and the Tyrell's. Let the Games begin.........

Well she turned the king in favor of the high sparrow , what I'm woundeding is if Jamie is the captain of the Kings guard what was the king and the Kings guard doing with the high sparrow without Jamie to begin with ?

So sick of thag story line . Jamie and the mountain just go out there and destroy them all

Old 05-30-2016, 06:11 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,631 times
Quote:
Well she turned the king in favor of the high sparrow , what I'm woundeding is if Jamie is the captain of the Kings guard what was the king and the Kings guard doing with the high sparrow without Jamie to begin with ?

So sick of thag story line . Jamie and the mountain just go out there and destroy them all
Turning the King in his favor was the perfect move since she did not know
of the Tyrell/Lannister plot while she was in captivity.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Turning the King in his favor was the perfect move since she did not know
of the Tyrell/Lannister plot while she was in captivity.

What do you mean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV