Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2016, 10:00 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,956,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
yes, I saw that the other day. Interesting, but in looking back at the books, Jamie initially starts referring to her as a "cow" - that implies that she is a lot burlier than Gwendolyn Christie. I had pictured Ser Duncan as more tall and lean, but strong, when I was reading those novellas.

There was a female MMA fighter that I think was from Brazil that I had pictured more like Brienne - the fighter (whose name I can't find right now) was like 6'6" 250+ pounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 10:07 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Agreed on all counts. But Dany does have dragons, so the points are moot in the end.
Exactly. Fire and Ice. That's the crux of the whole story. And the dragons are fire.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:53 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
The theme of this story is Power. Who gets the throne? Whoever can take it. I think Robert even said it outright back in Season 1. All this talk of blood lines and rights and inheritance and claims ... it's all smoke and mirrors. The one who sits the throne is the one with the power to take it and keep it.

I do think Dany is going to prevail in the end. She may use the excuse of claims and inheritance and usurpers and such to try to get some houses to support her. But in the end it all comes down to: Bend the knee or Drogon will roast you in your castle.
Yes--totally agree...
William the Conqueror used a stratagem to support his invasion of England that Edward the Confessor had bequeathed the English throne to him several yrs before Edward died...unlikely except under duress which made it invalid...
Edward had no blood heirs so under English law the barons and other landed gentry should have voted on who was to be King...they did and chose Harold...who fought William's forces after already defeating invasion of Norsemen. Loss of forces there pretty much doomed any chance to defeat William's forces...but had no choice.

Might makes right as the adage says as "right" means right to the throne...
not necessarily the correct use of power...

Ned Stark was the closest thing to a good King...and he was vulnerable to those w/o a conscience

Old 06-01-2016, 11:16 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,918 times
Quote:
Agreed on all counts. But Dany does have dragons, so the points are moot in the end.

Given the current political mood in Westeros, she could probably fly on the back of Drogon, land in Dorne, and have half the houses of Westeros hail her as a deliverer.
Let's not forget the Red Witches and what powers they have if they believe that
Dany, being immune to fire and having fire breathing dragons, would be the
Sun God's Messiah. Just thinking.........

Old 06-01-2016, 12:43 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
I know this season they are pushing for the showdown at Winterfell. I always thought if the Wildlings and Jon are both aware the Walkers are coming they should be fleeing the area and let Ramsey deal with the Walkers. Ramsey doesn't seem to think Walkers exist. The only reason Jon has is rescuing Rickon Stark, which I hope the TV is not going to screw up because they seemed to have associated the Pink letter with Rickon which means... Spoiler Alert, that Jon may have to go and attempt to rescue the false Stark.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:36 PM

Pink letter? One more thing I've clearly forgotten. Jeez. Googling now.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:59 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,956,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Pink letter? One more thing I've clearly forgotten. Jeez. Googling now.
It's from the last book - A Dance with Dragons.

Similar in tone to the letter Ramsay sent Jon a few episodes ago, but it was written before the "For the Watch" mutiny in the book.

Old 06-01-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
It's from the last book - A Dance with Dragons.

Similar in tone to the letter Ramsay sent Jon a few episodes ago, but it was written before the "For the Watch" mutiny in the book.
Ah..another book v.s show thing. I've not read the books, and I don't know how in the hell I missed that part of the episode. But I got it now. Of course now I'm gonna have to watch that entire episode over again!

Old 06-02-2016, 05:14 AM

185 posts, read 173,972 times
Can some explain to be this pink letter? I tried googling it for myself but still didn't clear things up for me .

Also do any of you believe Sansa might be carrying Ramsey's heir and not even know it ?

Old 06-02-2016, 06:00 AM

45,333 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Yes yes yes. Thank you for explaining that so I don't have to.

Danaerys is an heir to the Mad King, so her claim would be by blood, retaking the throne from a usurper.

So was Robert through his grandmother, among other Targaryens. Martin has said innumerable times he patterned much of the story from the War of the Roses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
In the books, she leads them. In the TV show, we don't know if she does or not, since that character hasn't been shown us. She may or may not even exist in the TV series.
And at this point, you can't say what's a sideline, and what's a major plot point. We don't know where it goes, so we can't tell what counts. But watching the story this season... loving the journey!

Yeah. But they were all of a sudden mentioned out of left field the other night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateanddown View Post
Can some explain to be this pink letter? I tried googling it for myself but still didn't clear things up for me ................
It's a letter Ramsay supposedly wrote trying to force Jon out of Castle Black. The sense of it remained the same although in the books he demanded the return of Reek/Theon, who had been captured by Stannis, as well as his wife, "Arya".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV