Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 01:38 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,823,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Well, here's the thing, Arya had the advantage of being trained while blind, whereas Waif had her eyesight the whole time she trained Arya. Clever Arya knew she's no match to Waif under normal circumstances so she purposely lured Waif to her hiding hole (remember how she smeared her blood at every possible turn, leaving an easy trail for Waif to follow? Plus there was a foreshadow of Arya in her hiding hole with the candle blown off from an episode or two ago. I believe she's been preparing herself to kill Waif in just such circumstance.) And when they're finally ready to fight, Arya evened out her playing field a little bit by turning the room pitch black, thus returning the advantage into her hands. Very clever move!
I haven't read the books, so I don't know if all that was even in the books.

I'd assumed since the Waif was training blind Arya that she had been trained that way too, that it was a step to becoming a faceless man.

If that's not the case, then yes it was a great move!

Either way, I'm glad that Waif is dead and gone, I didn't like her at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 02:38 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,823,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Very disappointed overall with this season. Too many quick fixes and finishes that hints at following the book then got away from it. Instead of having a few battles they're settling only for the Bastard Wars.

They completely got away from the Jaimie Riverrun story.
I don't think this Season was a disappointment (better than Season 5) but I found this episode to be disappointing.

-The conclusion of the Arya storyline in Braavos had me very underwhelmed. It took us SO long to get here and he just lets her walk out and go about her way? Eh unless there is a good explanation as to why, I felt her story was a waste. Please get her back to Winterfell ASAP!

-King's Landing - This story is moving so slow. Only thing that has my interest is what Margaery and Cersei are both planning. Outside of that I am over the High Sparrow and can't wait til the Faith militant gets disbanded.

-Dany's story - First of all Tyrion and Varys have been wasted this season. They really didn't do much and their stories were lacking and have seen to go nowhere. Dany, at least progress has been made! Just get to Westeros already.

-Riverrun - WTF I think this is the story that annoyed me the most this episode. It just seemed pointless. Jamie goes all the way out there to take over the castle in an easy breezy way. We bring back the Blackfish so what he can be killed offscreen?

I dunno this episode just felt like it was wandering around. I will say I am glad there are only two seasons left, the show is still amazing but it's getting stale, a little too slow in some parts and two fast in others. I dunno it just don't feel as cohesive as it used to .

Old 06-13-2016, 02:42 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
So will the Tully army be allowed to leave as Brienne proposed, or will the Lannisters just execute all of them?
I think Jaime will let them go as he has promised Edmure that he can be reunited with his newly born son and wife from the Red Wedding at Casterly Rock.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:50 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,414,580 times
Quote:
So will the Tully army be allowed to leave as Brienne proposed, or will the Lannisters just execute all of them?
IMO, they will be allowed to leave, but not as an army. In one of the last scenes at Riverrun, the Tully forces were shown stacking their arms in surrender. The Tully soldiers might be allowed to leave, but not with their weapons.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:06 PM

19,033 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Referring to the last week episode - I have not seen yesterday one yet - it was a waste. It was like stuck in the mud - nothing happens.
Also, show becomes boring in one respect. Do we have ALL dead coming back now? Which I'll give it to Snow, he's the only decent character in the entire bunch - well, he was before he got on vengeance wagon. But the what's his name - Mad Dog? I am sorry not real good with all those names.. Guy with burnt face. Killed by woman.
Of course, now Arya will survive 3 stabs full blade depth into stomach and additional 4th with a twist in it - after getting all this infected in some dirty water?

Old 06-13-2016, 03:22 PM

579 posts, read 432,843 times
What do you make of Jaqen's reaction at the end? His little cryptic smile at Arya's speech and exit bug me.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:59 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatteredthunder View Post
What do you make of Jaqen's reaction at the end? His little cryptic smile at Arya's speech and exit bug me.
I thought perhaps he wanted to get rid of the waif and everything was a test for Arya. I am surprised he let her leave and that she didn't kill him either.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:07 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,823,070 times
Quote:
I thought perhaps he wanted to get rid of the waif and everything was a test for Arya. I am surprised he let her leave and that she didn't kill him either.
Yes! I expected her to kill him with her Needle!

Old 06-13-2016, 08:50 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
I was not a fan of this episode at all. EASILY one of my top three least favorite episodes. The scene at Riverrun was the only thing that kept this episode from completely sucking and even that plot point had issues.

I'm calling BS on Arya's escape. She was stabbed multiple times, jumps out of a two-story window, jumps off a pretty high bridge/overpass in a move that should have snapped a bone (I could have swore I heard a snap but it must have been a basket), rolls downs some stone stairs for at least a mile, and drags her broken body "home" and, after all that, she manages to beat the Waif, a girl who hasn't broken a sweat or wiped that smirk off of her face. Seriously? And don't say "oh, but it's a fantasy television show!". This show has been fairly realistic in its portrayal of injuries: Ned was beat up looking right up until the end after that wound he got in his fight with Jaime, Jaime himself was going through something very close to shock, maybe even sepsis after his injury, and yes, Drogo died from an infected wound. I'm expecting to see Arya in some serious hurt in the next couple of episodes.

Arya has just been so STUPID these past couple of episodes. Last week I thought there was some masterful trickery afoot (I wasn't buying the "Bravoosi Fight Club" theory, but I was close to accepting some other ones). Turns out Arya was dumb enough to, in broad daylight, buy passage back to Westeros, was stupid enough to just hang out on a bridge, daydreaming, while on the run, was crazy enough to be walking around, while on the run, without Needle, and was idiotic enough to leave bloody hand-prints everywhere she went.

This episode wasted so much time. I don't want to see the Tyrion Lannister Comedy Hour, don't want to see another act of that play, or Bronn teaching Pod how to fight.

I am really unhappy that Cleganebowl is probably not going to happen, unhappy with how the Blackfish went down, upset with the sudden, "where da fuq did they come from?" siege in Meereen (NO ONE saw 1000 ships coming up on them until they were close enough to be torching the city in a few hours?), unhappy with the sudden reappearance of The Brotherhood (who, without any foreshadowing, are going north to fight the White Walkers?), just plan unhappy.

I'm hoping that this "battle of the bastards" next week turns things around.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:59 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,960,759 times
well, as I said above, Arya went to sleep in the back room. We have no idea if she was out for a few hours, 10 hours or a few days to a week or more. She could have been recuperating for a long time as far as we know.

And, I thought it was pretty obvious Arya left the blood trails for the Waif intentionally in hopes of luring her into a place she felt comfortable defending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV