Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 12:23 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times

Advertisements

They should bring the Giant back to life.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 05:15 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,183,656 times
I suspected when Ramsay employed that modality to get rid of his Father's wife and newborn son, that it might come back to haunt him.

Great episode. Now, if next week's involves somebody wiping that smug look off on Jonathan Pryce's face, the season will rightly end with a bang and not a whimper.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:58 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Great episode. But man ... Jon Snow continues to be an idiot and not listen to sense. When is that boy gonna learn?

My prediction for the season finale: Lady Stoneheart.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:02 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,652,372 times
Sure, he was stupid, but Sansa doesn't have much right to complain about not being listened to when she was sitting on her huge secret plan. Maybe she could have saved thousands of lives.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:07 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,958,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
I swear, all the Stark men are just dumb as dumb can be, including Jon "Stark", I mean "Snow". Finally, Sansa has become the lady she was always meant to be. Cold, Calculated, Ruthless, and Vengeful. I like this Sansa.

Man, a part of me was rooting for Ramsey. Imagine the hate if Ramsey ended up the winner in the Games of Thrones. I could just imagine the outcry and the hate from Fans.
well, Jon was stuck with a little over 2,000 men, most of whom aren't used to fighting as an organized army. Ramsay had 6,000 or more men with a much greater amount of cavalry. If Jon had 12,000 men, Ramsay would have stayed in his castle and endured a siege. The only way to have even a small chance was to get Ramsay out of Winterfell and onto the field - he accomplished that much.

Jon's love for his brother was what hurt him, as he charged out to try to save Rickon. If he had just let Rickon die, they might have had a better chance, but the odds were still really against them even if they held their positions.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:33 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,859,987 times
That better not be the last giant! Because I'd rather there be one less Snow then no more giants.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:41 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,734,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Sure, he was stupid, but Sansa doesn't have much right to complain about not being listened to when she was sitting on her huge secret plan. Maybe she could have saved thousands of lives.
I think Sansa decided to keep it a secret because she didn't know if it would pan out. She's seen how many of her family's old 'friends' had declined to rally under the Stark banner. In fact, her own uncle (Blackfish) declined to help and pretty much told her (through Brienne) to solve her own problems.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:44 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,958,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I think Sansa decided to keep it a secret because she didn't know if it would pan out. She's seen how many of her family's old 'friends' had declined to rally under the Stark banner. In fact, her own uncle (Blackfish) declined to help and pretty much told her (through Brienne) to solve her own problems.
agreed - she wrote the letter to Littlefinger, but had no idea if he was going to show up or not.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:46 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
well, Jon was stuck with a little over 2,000 men, most of whom aren't used to fighting as an organized army. Ramsay had 6,000 or more men with a much greater amount of cavalry. If Jon had 12,000 men, Ramsay would have stayed in his castle and endured a siege. The only way to have even a small chance was to get Ramsay out of Winterfell and onto the field - he accomplished that much.

Jon's love for his brother was what hurt him, as he charged out to try to save Rickon. If he had just let Rickon die, they might have had a better chance, but the odds were still really against them even if they held their positions.
Two things:

One, did Sansa even know that the Vale was coming? She asked, but had she ever gotten a response? We don't know. Nor do we know how she ending up leading them over. Big plot hole.

Two, the way they killed Rickon was stupid. Just watch Ramsey. When he lets go of that arrow, zig the other way. Then zag. At that great of a distance, avoiding 1 arrow isn't hard.

Two big examples of the Idiot Plot.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:47 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,117 times
You can say what you want about the writing, acting, etc. But I think this is the best one of television EVER from a cinematography standpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV