Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 06:56 PM

8,067 posts, read 4,741,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I always loved it whenever someone in the second round gave the wrong answer. The 2nd round was always easier, and often everyone came up with the same answer. But the contestant draws a blank, and says something silly that isn't a match.
Yes, the questions in the first round were typically equally difficult, but in round two one question had a fairly obvious (easy) answer, the other not as much. This was the producers way of (trying to) wrap up the rounds and keep things moving along. Since the contestant picked either question A or question B, it was still fair--you just had to hope you chose the easier question. My guess is that this reboot will have easier questions in all rounds, since these nighttime reboots tend to 'dumb things down' to help contestants win more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 09:17 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,483,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Oops, I made a mistake. It was not Treasure Island that I meant earlier. Instead,I meant Treasure Hunt. That was another great one besides Match Game.

In my avidness for the Match Game, I would often jot down zany questions from the show, questions that particularly made me laugh or at least entertained me the most. So I thought it would be fun if you other Match Game fans shared your favorite questions from the show.

Here are two of my favorites:

Butch was so tough that to brush his teeth, he uses "blank."

Felix the Cat got so infuriated because Tom Thumb used Felix's bowl of milk as a "blank."

So what are your favorite questions from Match Game?
A garden rake.

A bath tub.

Did I win?

Old 05-02-2016, 07:08 PM

950 posts, read 691,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
A garden rake.

A bath tub.

Did I win?

Nice try, Lilly, but No matches. You can try again if you like. I could give clues, but that would make it too easy.

Old 07-01-2016, 07:12 AM

I watched this for about 10 minutes last night. It seemed ok except that Rosie seems to be the go-to celebrity. Plus I didn't recognize any of the other "celebrities" other than Alec himself. I'll watch it again when I'm not too tired to stay up.

I've noticed several people who don't need the money are doing game shows. First Drew Carey, then Craig Ferguson. He's made so much from his talk show plus acting in both TV and movies, writing movies and books, etc I was pretty surprised when I heard he was hosting a game show. I guess it's not considered a step down anymore. And surely Alec has made plenty from his movie career that he doesn't need to host a game show.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:50 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,114,432 times
I can't stand Alec or Rosie so I couldn't deal with watching more than 10 minutes of this bastardized version of Match Game. It sucks really really bad. And when one of the questions was something like, "A group of Baldwin's is called a what?" I was like, That's IT, I'm OUT!! If Alec wants to make the show all about him and ruin the legacy of this show, then he can take that microphone and shove it. I'm done.

And what's with the Rosie overkill with her being on Pyramid and then Match Game back to back? She must be really really desperate for something to do these days!

Old 07-01-2016, 01:27 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,823,041 times
Thumbs down *

I wouldnt give it 10 seconds.......... NOTHING GOOD OR PURE ABOUT IT!!!!!

Pure garbage!!

Old 07-04-2016, 11:46 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,236,641 times
The new is ok, only because I love Rosie. But all I can think of is Gene rolling in his grave. When they "laid" him off, that was basically the end of his life. He lived for MG.

They have lousy writers for the new version, and the audiences responses are bizarre. Society just isn't innocent enough for this show to work any longer. We aren't able to clutch our pearls and snicker at the sexy innuendos, as we've seen and heard it all.

My favorite funny from the old days, was when they had 2 of the female stars imitate Mae West. Then Dick Martin did his version and he sounded like Pa Kettle. I laughed till I cried.

My guesses: car paint buffer & cat box.

Old 07-04-2016, 12:19 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,027,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
I can't stand Alec or Rosie so I couldn't deal with watching more than 10 minutes of this bastardized version of Match Game. It sucks really really bad. And when one of the questions was something like, "A group of Baldwin's is called a what?" I was like, That's IT, I'm OUT!! If Alec wants to make the show all about him and ruin the legacy of this show, then he can take that microphone and shove it. I'm done.

And what's with the Rosie overkill with her being on Pyramid and then Match Game back to back? She must be really really desperate for something to do these days!
The answer to the Rosie question is ABC is part of the Dump Trump campaign. They're trying to prove Rosie isn't what Trump said she is. It's the subtle game the networks play, and most people don't even know they're being played.

Notice how matronly Rosie is being. Even when the question was about Trump, she remained subdued and mature.

Old 07-04-2016, 01:53 PM

I watched again last night but only the first half.

New celebrities, I recognized all but 1.

But the questions were lame. And clever answers don't win. The Rock wrestles The Beib? All you had to know was pop culture, The Beib is his nickname. Nothing clever at all about that. I was thinking The Rock vs The Pebble or something.

I liked Adam Goldberg in Fargo 1 and loved him in The Unusuals, but he couldn't come up with an answer for one of the questions. He just wrote "Help me" or something like that. I'd be mad if I was that contestant. He could at least try to help me out. LOL

So, final assessment, it's not awful but I won't go out of my way to watch it either.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:54 PM

326 posts, read 181,649 times
It just won't be the same. Anyone here old enough to remember the original Match Game? The original one with Gene Rayburn was good. Funny banter between him and the contestants. The celebrities would always give funny answers to questions. That's why I prefer the original one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV