Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which is worse
undercover boss 26 78.79%
shark tank 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 09:52 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I'm actually surprised to see that either of those shows are still on.

UB is full of stories and bosses that really wouldn't normally care. Because if they did they would be doing these things long before the show, for their employees without the camera being present.
But it's trying to show him these CEOs that really have no clue about their low level employees and their needs/wants and truthfully imo are looking at the bottom line of the profit.

Shark Tank is a bunch of rich guys and gals. My wife likes the show. I simply suffer through it
I only watch shark tank occasionally to see the products people develop. I love it when the sharks ask someone who has enough backing to develop their product without them why they are there. Duh.... free exposure on TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 10:14 PM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
UB - I would like it better when the changes made benefited all employees and not just one person in particular.

ST - I've watched some episodes. It's ok. Some of the ideas people come up with are either amusing, useful or quite silly. Sometimes "the Sharks" can be very annoying/childish.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:52 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,212,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Not all deals are consummated on Shark Tank....
First of all, the handshake deal that happens on the show isn't anything binding. Filming for each season is split over the start of the summer and the start of the fall. After each round, the Sharks and their teams do due diligence on each of the companies to ensure that everything within the company is how it was represented in the pitch room.
Cuban: What happens after closing deal - Business Insider

UB as others have said is the same story over and over. And the favoritism sob stories are not only boring but detrimental to the other employees morale. Should have been canceled after the 1st season.
Thank you so much for the link. As a SharkTank fan I really enjoyed it.
UnderCover Boss First season was believable. Now forget it.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:33 AM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Mod Note: I have reopened the poll with ZERO expiration date.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:01 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
I used to like both and stopped watching both. Too much of th same is boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV